Where to buy Archos in stock?

jkane

Jun 23, 2010
Just ordered mine. Got my confirmation email already. Woohoo!!

Went and looked for it. Not easy! A search for archos did not find it. Nor did 101. Had to find the tablets list and there it was. It was available too! I started reading their warrenty terms and such. When I went back to the order page, it was no longer available! Just that fast and they were sold out.

I hesitated because I went to my local US Cellular store today and had my hands on a Galaxy. Not too bad. 7" was a little tight for typing which is about 1/3rd of what I plan to use it for. That is why I wanted the 10". I guess fate tells me to think on it for a while longer until another place has the 101 available and in stock. :)

MikeDilligaf

Dec 1, 2010
Hi everyone.

This is my first post but I have read many in my search in the purchase of my first tablet. Actually it will be a xmas present for my 8 year old son but I'm sure I'll get to use it just as much.

Anyway, from reading all the posts I have determined that I want a tablet with a capacitive screen and with 2.2.

I found a great price on a Archos 70 at peddlerstore.com. Has anyone dealt with them? The area code is 949 (California).

Archos 8GB 7o Internet Tablet - Archos Android, IT & Home Tablet - Peddlerstore.com

ps - site says it may take 21 days to ship

MikeDilligaf

Dec 1, 2010
TigerDirect has a confusing listing - main description says 2.1 and 'additional specs' say 'application framework: 2.2 Froyo

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
I was a bit worried that my order would end up not getting shipped, but I got my tracking number and my 101 is on the way. Can't wait!! So glad I got one because they sold out quick on Tigerdirect.

babynomad

Oct 10, 2010
Found 2 suppliers for Archos 70 at reasonable pricing. (freight a little expensive - but hey - still over $100 cheaper than Australian suppliers)

However, trying to get the archos is another matter - they keep selling out!!

MP4gear are telling they all sold out already!!! Another 2 weeks for next shipment.
B&H bhphotovideo.com do not have stock either.
These are the only 2 supplier I can find to ship to Australia.

Any recommendations on who I should choose (if I had a choice)....
and does anyone have discount codes for either of these suppliers?

Thanks in advance
PS - getting frustrated ...... thinking no archos for Xmas.....????? :(

jlaubin

Oct 24, 2010
listing is correct.. unit is shipping with 2.1, firmware update to 2.2 came out tuesday 11/30

TabletConnect

Aug 4, 2010
Seems weird. Their discount price is higher than list, and they say they have 45 in stock. Anyone deal with them before? Laptop Computing - Archos 101 16GB Android 2.2 Ready Internet Tablet

Wow, they are overpriced. I ordered a 101 with 8GB for $294 through JR.com (which is on backorder). This Laptop Computing has the same one for $399. They may have it in stock but you will be overpaying. Just checked TigerDirect and they only have the 70 at this point ($30 more than JR.com but at least TD has it in stock). I couldn't find the 101.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Does the Archos 101 do flash 10.1?
It will, but undergoing verification/compatibility testing by adobe. You can load Adobe Flash for Android from another tablet provider supposedly and it works fine. This will be available shortly though at the Archos site.