Which One?! Narrowed my search, but still uncertain.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
I recently acquired an Augen Gentouch 78 and it's an ok entry level tablet, but I think I want some of the features that were removed or hobbled so I'm considering ordering something (hopefully) a little better. I first looked at the Dawa D7, but I don't think it has a camera, but I did find a non-name one with a camera at dealextreme.com (possibly the "Surfrider"?), but I'm not sure I WANT another device that is a more feature-rich version of what I have, because the Augen Gentouch is pretty low quality imo.

I've narrowed it down to the Haipad G10/Haipad M701-R/Haipad M701R/Gpad G10/APAD E7002 (which I believe are all essentially the same device, right?). This would be the "new" version with HDMI instead of a second USB port. Is one "brand" more desirable than another? For example, does one of those companies support their device better than the others?

I've never ordered something from overseas like this before, but have found the tablet in stock at Merimobiles.com and Euogo.com.

There is another very similar featured tablet called the "NuPad" at Pandawill.com, though it says it has an "ARM V6L 720Mhz ARM 11" processor rather than the "Telechips TCC8902 ARM11 800MHz CPU" - I'm under the impression the Telechips is preferable?

The main features I'm looking for are (in order of importance):
* Android 2.1
* "Multi-touch" (2-point resistive multi-touch is fine)
* USB with Host support so I can connect a USB flash drive
* Accelerometer/g-sensor (3+axis rotation)
* 3D Hardware Accelerated graphics
* Working Android Market
* HDMI output (or any video out would be nice)
* 7" screen size (I've found this the most comfortable to use)

Any help/advice you can give to help me pull the trigger on an order will be much appreciated!

babynomad

Oct 10, 2010
Hi.
I noticed your post, and it is exactly the same question that I have, and the same conclusion:
G10 Haipad Android 2.1

What did you end up purchasing? Are you happy? Would you have preferred other features, such as 2.2 etc

DroidSearch

Oct 11, 2010
Save a little more cash and go with the Archos 7o... The 250 gb, is a lil over 300 but seems WELL worth it, considering that the "upgraded" model of Archos 1o, is just 32 gb. That's what I'm saving my money for ^_^ Archos seems like the best bet.. Captive Touchscreen +++++ Storage, the Armz Artex Structure... as well...

Zaahir

Oct 11, 2010
I heard that the Archos runs like a well oiled machine... super smooth and very fast compared to most of the others...
only downfall is the price...

babynomad

Oct 10, 2010
I've been looking at purching the Haipad from various suppliers - all around the $190 mark
But this seller: Very cheap and shipping cost more reasonable
Wholesale HaiPad - Buy Low Price HaiPad Lots on **************
Haipad M701-R with remote control HDMI output Haipad M701-R US $139.18 - 149.48 / piece Shipping:$24.01

Any opinions? Or should I stick to merimobiles??

DWhite

Oct 23, 2010
For the price I would go with Pandawill. The M701-R is $159.99 and includes shipping.
I have read to many post with warning about Aliexpress. If you get the right supplier it is okay but their are more bad suppliers than good it seams like.

Juggernaut

Aug 22, 2010
If you want a working HDMI out go for the M701-R but be aware that the micro sd slot on that device isnt good and the cards stick out half the way. Also on Pandawill it is advertised as having a 0.3 mp camera while on others it has a 1.3mp camera. If you want a M701-R I would go for the merimobiles option to be safe and get a quality product. Just take note of the sd slot flaw.

The G10 is the full mature option to get but I would stay away from the alu versions. Pandawill sells a lot of G10's, look for the one with a certificate in the product page. Thats the first and "real" G10.
There is also a new G13 but untill there is more info on that tablet I would stay away from it.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010