Which tablet is best for me?

ghost361

Dec 29, 2012
Hello

I am looking to get an android tablet, mainly for gaming (and should be able to handle demanding games well) but also for web browsing etc, but also to use as a extra display for my desktop. I'm looking to spend around £200. I had a look at the nexus 7 but not sure about the screen size and lack of sd card slot

any suggestion would be great

Thanks

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
My best suggestion for that price is the Nexus7. If you want that kind of horsepower with extra slots you will have to step up to the A700 or TF700 and most likely be about 300-500 Quid.

I think the 32 GB Nexus 7 would fit your needs for demanding games and storage space. I have a 16 GB tablet and it is plenty of room for apps for me.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
look at the Lenovo A2109, it has a nine inch screen and a micro sdcard slot, My daughter got a nexus 7 for Christmas, I got the Lenovo A2109. these tablets performance are almost the same. I let My daughter use my Lenovo A2109 yesterday, I used her neuxs7. My daughter is now thinking about returning her nexus 7 and getting the Lenovo A2109.

I got my Lenovo A2109 at bestbuy, I had them to price match newegg, I returned two cheaper tablets, So I ended up getting the Lenovo A2109 for $25 out of pocket. Just today I bought a $50 warranty from SquareTrade.

Lenovo A2109 cost $220 with price match or you can just buy from newwegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834310536

Last edited:

ghost361

Dec 29, 2012
hi

Ok thanks for your suggestion. i do like the look of the nexus 7, how do people find the 7 inch tablet over the larger one, are they easier to use and more comfortable?

Also does anyone know if the nexus can be connected to a tv/monitor if i feel the screen is too small or fancy watching a movies etc on a bigger screen.

thanks

sfo1

Dec 29, 2012
look at the Lenovo A2109, it has a nine inch screen and a micro sdcard slot, My daughter got a nexus 7 for Christmas, I got the Lenovo A2109. these tablets performance are almost the same. I let My daughter use my Lenovo A2109 yesterday, I used her neuxs7. My daughter is now thinking about returning her nexus 7 and getting the Lenovo A2109.

I got my Lenovo A2109 at bestbuy, I had them to price match newegg, I returned two cheaper tablets, So I ended up getting the Lenovo A2109 for $25 out of pocket. Just today I bought a $50 warranty from SquareTrade.

Lenovo A2109 cost $220 with price match or you can just buy from newwegg.

Newegg.com - Lenovo IdeaPad A2109 (22901DU) 9-inch 16GB Tablet PC - Black

I was considering the 2109 too but the screen is the weak link. Its a TN w/four point touch and I think it lacks brightness. Can you compare the screen on the Nex7 vs. the 2109? I know they are very different, but would like an opinion on actual use. Thanks

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I was considering the 2109 too but the screen is the weak link. Its a TN w/four point touch and I think it lacks brightness. Can you compare the screen on the Nex7 vs. the 2109? I know they are very different, but would like an opinion on actual use. Thanks

I guess I am the wrong guy to ask, I never bother with brightness, however there is control under display moving it left or right changes the brightness. I download an app called MultiTouch Tester https://play.google.com/store/apps/...DEwNCwiY29tLmxhbHNvZnQubXVsdGl0b3VjaGxpdGUiXQ.. it say this is a 10 point touch screen, keep in mind I only have 5 fingers on each hand, I never tried to placed anything else on the screen besides my two hands. I don't know what a TN is, Nor do I know how to compare this screen to any other screen. To me everything looks nice.,You would need someone else to nitpick the screen.

I can tell you the 7 inch fits into a normal pocket while the 9 in doesn't, anyway if you want the 7 inch buy that one, if you just like the name nexus but want a bigger screen than a 7 inch you can buy the nexus 10, I am happy with my purchase.

OK I was sent pm to post results from this test. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.easylabs.multitouch&hl=en

results same says 10 point touch.

Last edited: