Will the new Archos 101G9 be able to output an HDMI signal to a 42" HD Monitor?

butchie52651

Jun 24, 2011
Does anyone know if the new Archos 101G9 Tablet be able to output an HDMI signal to a 42" HD Monitor and drive that monitor successfully?

I know the current Archos 101 has an HDMI port, but I'm not sure it's robust enough to output to a 42" HD monitor and actually drive that monitor well. Does anyone know either way?

No speculation please! I need hard facts to be able to make an intelligent purchase decision here.

Also, if the answer is clearly "no", is there another tablet (hopefully an inexpensive one) that will?

Thanks very much.

Butch

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Is your question 1080 or do you mean any HDMI output? I output my Original 101 to my 60inch Samsung without issue on 720 and some pseudo-1080 without issue. Note I call it Pseudo 1080 as it is BR ripped into MKV

The problem to your question is also very few of the new 101s have reached any user's hands. They have been provided to reviewers and the very lucky few who were in the right place at the right time. This question will be easier to answer with authority in 3-4 weeks as the units start arriving en masse.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Does anyone know if the new Archos 101G9 Tablet be able to output an HDMI signal to a 42" HD Monitor and drive that monitor successfully?

I know the current Archos 101 has an HDMI port, but I'm not sure it's robust enough to output to a 42" HD monitor and actually drive that monitor well. Does anyone know either way?

No speculation please! I need hard facts to be able to make an intelligent purchase decision here.

Also, if the answer is clearly "no", is there another tablet (hopefully an inexpensive one) that will?

Thanks very much.

Butch

Archos is releasing that tablet right around the time ice cream which is kind of a monumental release. Why you ask? Because developers will create apps that will run on tablets and phones without having to separate the two. This tablet will run honeycomb.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum