[WIP] Volcano - Honeycomb 3.0 for Coby Kyros x024

hctablet1024

Dec 20, 2011
I've been trying out volcano beta 13 on the 1024.

I've been getting my battery drained by what appears is mobile network signal.

Unchecking the mobile data in the settings did not shut off the mobile signal.

The next thing I'm trying is putting it into airplane mode and then turning on the wifi.

mythosmint

Feb 5, 2012
I was able to install VolcanoB13 on a MID8024. Everything seems to work well but the system seems a little sluggish. (I'm comparing to Nefarious 2.3 rom)

In Quadrant I get 1400 versus 1600 (in 2.3). Wifi seems a little slow too. I'll keep testing it. Is there anyway in 3.0 to disable the Honeycomb theme? I disabled it in the Nefarious rom and it made things faster (although that was 2.3).

Anyway thanks for the rom and keep up the good work!

fotocreaman

Jan 5, 2012
I'm using this ROM now for 2 weeks on a daily basis. Most of the time it works. This is what I found so far listed in order of most annoying:
- Wifi needs sometimes to be stopped and restarted in order to work.
- Sometimes applications get "uninstalled" I don't know why. Luckily I can re-install them through Titanium.
- The gravity sensor not working is a nuisance.
- HW support for video would be great
- Camera is my last one.
- after sleep I usually need to pop out en back in my SD card.
For the rest this is most usable. I installed juice defender and RAM manager which seems to help.
Any progress? New version?

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
well, Thank god for On screen volume controls in the honeycomb. my tablet fell off the table the othe rnight and the volume up button doesnt work any longer. it is broken. :-( I tried to resolder it but didnt work. Oh well. vol down works and the on screen display comes up. fortunatley dont need it much. so... while I had it apart, I swapped my 4gb internal for a 16gb internal. ran the install again and it works great. nice large SD card partition. If only there was a way to save files outside teh sd card partition that woudl nto get zapped on a new flash.

took the old internal card and repartitioned it to the full size so it is now fully useable. YAY!

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Hmmmm.. just noticed when connected via USB, it does not work... conputer shows both cards but they are unaccessabile.

skicavs

Jan 17, 2011
- Sometimes applications get "uninstalled" I don't know why. Luckily I can re-install them through Titanium.
Any progress? New version?

So, the "uninstalled" issue is apps getting moved (for whatever reason) to SD (not extsd). If an app is moved to SD and you restart the unit it will be uninstalled or rather ghost installed with a phantom showing up in the application list but not runnable. So just make sure it stays in internal memory and it will not be removed.

I also installed Chainfire and it seems to make things faster but I am not sure why.

Great work on this rom, with stable wifi, rotation, and camera it could be great

Italianman

Feb 20, 2012
Hi guys!I have a MID 8024 and i've installed this ROM!
If I want,can I come-back and re-install my old ROM?
I've tested beta10:when I want to use wi-fi,keyboard doesn't appared.
Then camera dont'work...

Now I'm going to test beta13 ;)

*whit beta13 keyboard work well,but i have a problem when i have to chose a wallapers
External SD don't work...
if I turn off the screen,when I return on ,don't work wi-fi,setting and device crashes...

Last edited:

jippie812001

Apr 9, 2012
Hey Guys? Any changes? :)
Everything stop after february...

Hey guys i've been following this thread and recently i mustered up t he courage to flash my 1024 tablet with the Volcano. IT was great the only problem is the video player.

Haven't heard anythins since then. hope to hear form you guys. Ive searching for the continuation of the forum in FlashMyAndroid - FlashMyAndroid Custom Rom & Development News but canl seem to find it. A link would be a great help thanks! c",)