[WIP] Thunderstorm - ICS for Coby Kyros MIDx024

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Will this work for the 1024?

Probably not... yet.

So far everyone with a 1024 has reported that the UI force closes.
Also this ROM does not include the 1024 touchscreen driver (goodix_touch.ko)

The next version will likely use a new base (4.0.3) so there's a chance it will work better.
I will leave it up to one of the MID1024 owners to package a version for the 1024 though.

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Just posting my results from ICS Beta8.For Mid1024 users,still having issues with the touch screen and the systemui.apk force closes making the rom unusable. You can delete it before flashing the rom to get a further glimpse but its still buggy and probably needs more device specific drivers.
I also flashed it for my 8024, It works it was very sluggish I didn't really spend a lot of time with it ust letting know people that progress is still being made.

fotocreaman

Jan 5, 2012
I installed beta 10 with deleted systemUI.apk on a MID1024 (MP1027). The launcher is shaky and has ghosts of last closed screen. I then added GO launcher EX. This combination works stable. I'm missing the status bar (systemUI) and tried different replacements (superbar+, super task bar) but these are not really working.
WIFI is very stable but needs manual configuration. External SD card is always recognized. (both far better than HC 3.0) Market is working but has not a good signature. Most applications I tested work.
Not working camera, rotation, movies and a lot slower than HC. But this ROM is almost usable.

Swiftyyyy

Apr 5, 2012
Does the Touchscreen work with 8024?

I've tried Honeycomb and it worked somewhat slow-ish and Roughly 5 milimeters on the top of the screen didnt detect touch.

On Nefarious bread right now but I'd love to get ICS.