WM8650 7" Screen too big after rooting and flashing.

Apr 28, 2012
Hi guys, been through the whole monotony of being a first time android user and spent the last two days retrieving what I deemed to be a brick back into a decent and much fast working tablet.
A green/red led WunderMedia 8650 Via ARM926 from Ebay.

I tried ALL the 7" changes and only option 42 in the end got my wi-fi sorted, with working touch pad and sound.

Problem is now, the screen is BIGGER then the actual unit if you see what I mean?

I can't see all my screen regardless of what orientation I have the tablet at.
When my keyboard pops up on the screen, I have to turn the tablet upside down to use it lol

Screen calibration is a waste of time.

I've hopelessly searched for some app that I could use to reduce my screen size to the correct resolution for my unit.

It's almost like it's running on a 9.7 or even a 10" setup but believe me, it IS a 7" screen, although I dunno about the chipset.

I can't find ANY Google threads anywhere with anyone else having this problem anywhere.

Any ideas?:confused:

I'm not keen on trying to flash ROM's other than 7", and I've tried them all with the latest version of Uberoid etc.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Try v10.1 uberoid. I had problems with v11. My changer.bat no was 8(after trying quite a few others!). Your number maybe different but should work fine. I think 42 was meant for a bigger screen than yours maybe. First try all numbers that correspond to screen size,green or blue led( whichever you have) and memory size. Then try different colur led / memory but stick with screen size until all else fails. Good luck.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

Apr 28, 2012
Hey thanks for a quick reply.
I didn't mention, I had already tried ALL 7" rom for the green led.
I just typed 42 into the changer as I'd given up and hey presto... lol

I was under the impression that tyring a rom for a different colour led wpuld brick the unit?

Apart from that, I can't seem to find a source for v10.1 either.

*sigh*:mad:

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
I don't think it will btick with uberoid. You'll just have to keep trying or try and find stock rom but it Sounds like your in the same boat I was. My Tablets was sold to me as an eken e18(or something like that!) But I dicovered by using uberoid it was a mid703. I loaded this for a friend on his tab and I can remember what the model of that was but it was no 26 on changer!! Took me days!!. I thought it was never gonna work but eventually it did.

Apr 28, 2012
Wee, no joy.I
've flashed it with ALL 42 options, on V10 as well as V11, and I even found what was supposedly the stock rom, all to no avail.
The best I can get is option 42 (on V10 and 11) and everything works except the screen is too big, ao I am constantly having to rotate the pad to use it for typing or to see parts of webpages.
I am pretty convinved now that the chipset is just a hunk of bits thrown together and made to work.
SO I opened it lol
Definitely a WM8650 cpu and VIA VT1609 chip, on what looks like a M010Sm_2v3 motherboard, and a Hynix chip with MID JN26301 markings.

Even the 7" options of the rom changer result in my screen being too large regardless of what orientation I hold it at, and there touch system is way off too, it thnks the top of the screen is the right hand side etc.

I'm giving up, it's a piece of junk.

So I've mailed the oriental seller from Ebay, telling him what I thought of it.
I'll get no reply in any case, pretty sure of that.
So I'm sticking in a Paypal dispute just to annoy the fu&*er lol

Best buy UK next time.

Ta for your help buddy!!!

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Sorry I can't help, maybe you can sell it on ebay as faulty. They still fetch a few bucks either as spares or for some whizzkid techie to put right.