Working apps for Nook Color

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
That is a great list Matt...and incredibly helpful, but not complete by any stretch.

Well a compiled list would be quite the monumental undertaking...

Think of that list of apk's that Rico posted...LOL

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
I have a stock news app that came on my Droid 2, on one of the screens, but i can not find its name. Its on the 5th screen in an orange box. Does any one know what I'm talking about or which one it is in the market? Its got to be in my app manager somewhere, correct? Or is it a Motorola app? Anyway I would like to load it on my NC.

Edit: OK I headed over to Droid Forums. I was trying to kill to birds with one stone.

Last edited:

Joeff

Feb 1, 2011
Yes that is the right one, but forget about it. :) There is a new better one made for us tabs, QuickOffice HD: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Follow this post to install: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...tablet-edition-work-nook-color.html#post42035

Here's my problem I'm using autonoot 1.0.1 from nookdevs but it seems I can't do anything installing slideload apps I have this NookColor Tools and it says I have to copy the file to /system/app and where can I find this thing I don't know where it is hidden...pls I need your help

thnx
Joeff

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Here's my problem I'm using autonoot 1.0.1 from nookdevs but it seems I can't do anything installing slideload apps I have this NookColor Tools and it says I have to copy the file to /system/app and where can I find this thing I don't know where it is hidden...pls I need your help

thnx
Joeff

huh?
There is nothing that can't be done. :)
-What do you mean you can't sideload apps?
-Do you have the market installed?
-You are on update 1.0.1 and used auto nooter 2.12.25?
-If you have nook color tools installed, you should have the market and ability to install non-market apps.
-You don't need to and shouldn't copy files /system/app

Please list more details on what you did up to this point.

Last edited:

Joeff

Feb 1, 2011
huh?
There is nothing that can't be done. :)
-What do you mean you can't sideload apps?
-Do you have the market installed?
-You are on update 1.0.1 and used auto nooter 2.12.25?
-If you have nook color tools installed, you should have the market and ability to install non-market apps.
-You don't need to and shouldn't copy files /system/app

Please list more details on what you did up to this point.

I'm trying to install the quickoffice w/c I downloaded to my computer but it seems I don't know what to do...What I did is copy the Quickoffice file and paste it to my nooks my documents and it seems nothing has changed and the nook still didn't recognize the file..

- I'm on 1.0.1 and autonooter is 2.12.25
- I have the market installed

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I'm trying to install the quickoffice w/c I downloaded to my computer but it seems I don't know what to do...What I did is copy the Quickoffice file and paste it to my nooks my documents and it seems nothing has changed and the nook still didn't recognize the file..

- I'm on 1.0.1 and autonooter is 2.12.25
- I have the market installed

Ok... You have to install quickoffice from your SD card with file browser such as ES file explorer or ASTRO. I don't beleive you can install an app from your internal storage. You need only copy over the quickoffice apk file from your pc to your sd card on the NC, not anywhere on internal storage. Open your file browser on your NC and file where on your SD card you put the apk file. Press the file to install.

If you want to install QuickOffice HD you will to do a little more work. Since the NC already has QuickOffice version you have to uninstall it to be able to install QuickOffice HD. Follow this post and let us know if you still have a problem installing QuickOffice HD: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...tablet-edition-work-nook-color.html#post42035

Marek

Feb 1, 2011
I was on the new android market on the computer and tried to install Gun Bros. It will not let me select the Nook as the device to send it to. The only requirements I could find are Android 2.1 Anyone know why it is not working, other apps seem to install fine when selecting them from the online store.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I was on the new android market on the computer and tried to install Gun Bros. It will not let me select the Nook as the device to send it to. The only requirements I could find are Android 2.1 Anyone know why it is not working, other apps seem to install fine when selecting them from the online store.

What is your NC version? You may need the updated market on your phone for it to work. The new web store won't work for me, and I am 1.0.1...or it could be that I am just a tool! LOL

I plan on doing the 1.1 ROM load again as soon as my new 8GB card comes in.

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011

I was reading this morning on Engadget, that the site is not recognizing rooted devices

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Nah, it works just fine when I am running Honeycomb off my SD card...I am sure it about having an update market on your device. Google wouldn't care if your device was rooted or not.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I have loaded other apps just fine from the online market just that one will not. I will try the 1.1 update and the auto rooter thing tonight and see if that makes a difference.

That game may not work, because it may require flash. There is no flash in android 2.1 for the most part.

CL, one can install apps from browser base market. Click on drop down for device list after you click install. It may generically say "phone", that is your Nook.

Joeff

Feb 1, 2011
That game may not work, because it may require flash. There is no flash in android 2.1 for the most part.

CL, one can install apps from browser base market. Click on drop down for device list after you click install. It may generically say "phone", that is your Nook.

stelv is there any available apps like farmville, plants vs zoombies, and smurfs in nook?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
stelv is there any available apps like farmville, plants vs zoombies, and smurfs in nook?

I am not sure. If a game requires flash or adobe air it will not work until we get a stable version of froyo or flash working for the rooted nook color. We should have froyo android 2.2 or gingerbread android 2.3 soon for rooted devices. The developers are making some progress i believe.

sent from my rooted nook color

Joeff

Feb 1, 2011
I am not sure. If a game requires flash or adobe air it will not work until we get a stable version of froyo or flash working for the rooted nook color. We should have froyo android 2.2 or gingerbread android 2.3 soon for rooted devices. The developers are making some progress i believe.

sent from my rooted nook color

I guess so most probably they require flash even on yahoomail I can't download any attachments like doc or pdf's when I downloaded those files I can't view them...