X5A Model Questions

Elwood30

Aug 18, 2010
Hi,

I currently have the X5A, 2.1 update1 fw, kernel 2.6.29.

I've noticed two things so far, the orientation setting (i assume this is the G sensor) doesn't seem to work but turning it on or off but some applications suddenly startup in a horizontal view so maybe its just a bug or I need an alternative app from the market to do this?

Secondly its supposed to have a camera built in, the only spot I can see is the power light so maybe this was false advertised.

I was wondering if there's any app that displays all the hardware specs etc for the MID as it doesn't show anything on boot up except for the android logo and some cheesy image.

Thanks for the reply

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
if you are wondering if it has a camera or not just search your app drawer and see if it has a camera app if it does open it up and see if it shows anything.

Elwood30

Aug 18, 2010
It did have an app at one time but it didn't seem to do anything so im thinking not.

Could you tell me if any new patches/firmware are out or do I have the latest stable?

Thanks

Elwood30

Aug 18, 2010
Just an update to my first post:

I installed RotateD which changes the rotation for you which is somewhat handy. I tried installing a game that envloves moving the tablet back and forth but nothing would happen (maybe it doesn't have the G sensor installed if this is required).

I also found two apps for hardware specs etc: android system info and hardware info seem ok.

The hardware info indicates Systems RAM: 154mb as it should be 256 maybe another thing that's wrong on this device.

It does mention Sensors:
tcc92xx 3axix accelerometer

cancelx

Aug 16, 2010
Hi elwood believe it's the same device i ordered. this unit does NOT have a camera, and does NOT have a G-Sensor. there was a Telechip Apad (iRobot) that had these.... not this model. However, this model has a VERY good build. A clean working Rom (especially if you get #297), a Full Size SD slot, an Full Size USB ---> that's the trade off. jim

apad.king

Aug 20, 2010
Hi elwood believe it's the same device i ordered. this unit does NOT have a camera, and does NOT have a G-Sensor. there was a Telechip Apad (iRobot) that had these.... not this model. However, this model has a VERY good build. A clean working Rom (especially if you get #297), a Full Size SD slot, an Full Size USB ---> that's the trade off. jim

Today I managed to get hold of a USB keyboard and mouse. Plugged both in, one in full size USB slot and the other via the mini to full USB connector and both worked great. I know it sort of defeats the object of a small portable MID but could be useful for long emails or games that can use a mouse. Also proves that both USB work properly.

Also this model doesn't crash like my other cheap plastic rockchip Apad, it's beter quality and the only downside (if you think it's important) is no gravity sensor but that annoys me anyway and you can always use the rotateD app to control orientation anyway.

Kevx

Aug 12, 2010
I was thinking about getting this from merimobiles, where it says that the newest version has both the gsensor and multitouch. My only real concern is that I do want to view flash in the browser, and I'm not certain if the firmware will be updateable to 2.2. Anyone know?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Check the Q&A for Adobe flash next time, but this ARM11 CPU can't run flash with 2.2. 2.1 is as good as it gets.

matiasko

Sep 9, 2010
I have 2.6.29 #348. Can't connect to any wifi. Tablet don't see any wifi. Any ideas? PC and phone work good. Thank you.

blue

Dec 23, 2010
I had to change wifi channel to 1 on my router to connect also.
I changed to ascii (13 characters) from hex (26) but was not sure which made it work.
I may go back to hex as I think it is more secure, time consuming tho.