Your Top 5 NC Apps

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
On the NC it puts them in the dropbox folder on your SD card, but you can move files around astro pretty easy.

and if you go onto dropbox.com after you are all installed, you can move stuff to the public folder and it will give you a public url (I am using it for pics like screenshots and such) that way I have a url to put in my posts.

Nifty nifty... i will try this with my new install this weekend.

this post brought to you by AndroidTablets.net app

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Torrent... I have about 100gb of them on my hd :)

Can u post a couple? or is that against forum rules? I found some through Google doing searches for cbr files I believe. So far I have some venom carnage Spiderman ones.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
another tool that is good to have is awesome drop - similar to dropbox but does not require membership or login - and excellent for quickly getting files from pc to nook

Nifty nifty... i will try this with my new install this weekend.

this post brought to you by AndroidTablets.net app

markiej

Dec 22, 2010
+1
I'd also like to know where to get a few comics.

Cbrs are just a renamed far with jpegs inside. The jpegs are scans of pages of comic or manga or graphic novels. Cbs is the same only zip. Jj comic can navigate cbrs easily - a tap to advance to next page. Plus easy zooming and panning around the page.

Where so you get cbr cbz? Tpb is an easy start. Usenet. Easynews. Google comicsworld.

Easynews is my main source for pretty much everything.

badly typed on, and sent from, my NC

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Can u post a couple? or is that against forum rules? I found some through Google doing searches for cbr files I believe. So far I have some venom carnage Spiderman ones.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Well, considering that it's technically piracy, I'd say it'd be against the rules.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
To all the people talking about using Dropbox to transfer files to and from your PC.. Why not just share out a drive on your computer and put the files there? I have a desktop, laptop and NC on my network, and I share out a 500gb drive on the desktop that I store my stuff on. All three devices can browse that and transfer files to and from.. It's super easy and as fast as your network allows.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
To all the people talking about using Dropbox to transfer files to and from your PC.. Why not just share out a drive on your computer and put the files there? I have a desktop, laptop and NC on my network, and I share out a 500gb drive on the desktop that I store my stuff on. All three devices can browse that and transfer files to and from.. It's super easy and as fast as your network allows.

I take my Nook to work, so using dropbox allows me to access files I put there from my work pc, my home pc or my nook, and on a pc its as easy as drag and drop to the dropbox folder and it automatically syncs online.

You have a great point about shared drives, but the user has to have the correct file manager to access shared folders on their networks.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
I take my Nook to work, so using dropbox allows me to access files I put there from my work pc, my home pc or my nook, and on a pc its as easy as drag and drop to the dropbox folder and it automatically syncs online.

You have a great point about shared drives, but the user has to have the correct file manager to access shared folders on their networks.

Well yeah, once you leave your network all is lost. But people were talking about moving files from PC to NC. That, to me, meant they were sitting at the PC copying files to the NC or Dropbox. As for the file manager, there is a freebie on the market called ES File Manager. It can browse shared folders on your network. It can also browse shared folders on the network of someone else if you happen to be borrowing bandwidth.. Just sayin =)

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Well yeah, once you leave your network all is lost. But people were talking about moving files from PC to NC. That, to me, meant they were sitting at the PC copying files to the NC or Dropbox. As for the file manager, there is a freebie on the market called ES File Manager. It can browse shared folders on your network. It can also browse shared folders on the network of someone else if you happen to be borrowing bandwidth.. Just sayin =)

I was about to ask which file manager you were using so I could try that for unrelated reasons, so I will check out ES.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010

I'm with you on this one. Old School, keep it simple, plug up, move or copy your stuff to or from, unplug and be done. :)

Sent from my HTC Evo using Android Tablets Forum App

CA_Harry

Mar 9, 2011
Hi guys,

I have a question regarding DolphinBrowser HD. I installed it and the screen and layout look awesome. Is the only way to navigate forward, backwards, refresh through the gestures button? I dont see any other way to do it. Also, when I try to use the gestures, it keeps saying the gesture is not recognized. When I go to settings, it says it cant load the gesture buttons or something and that I need to have a mounted SD?

Any help would be appreciated!