Anyone know anything about this one?

pauln68

Jan 27, 2012
Hi folks,
I'm brand new here and brand new to android as well. I bought the Iview as well and would like to get rid of this stupid cell phone thingy you all have been talking about here. I downloaded File Expert and began to follow the instructions that Auztin posted. When I attempt to rename the phone files, File Expert gives me an "Error Could not rename" message. Any ideas here? Can I just delete those phone files or must they be renamed? Thanks in advance - sorry I'm a complete noob...

pauln68

Jan 27, 2012
have you gone into file experts settings and enabled root browsing?

Thank you! That allowed me to change the names. Had to reboot as it kept telling me to force close. After the reboot I checked the battery indicator and the cell thing was gone. I went back into file expert and changed the second phone file as well. I didn't go into build.prop though. Is it necessary to add that line of code into build.prop? I want to thank you again for all the help and the informative posts on here-you all are life-savers!

allen2scott

Dec 22, 2011
Yeah I couldn't get that line to save no matter what text editor I was using. Looks like just renaming the phone files does the trick. ;)

pico23

Jan 26, 2012
Good news, I was able to get ADB working by downloading the drivers from MOMO to install ICS. I deleted the line of code for the wifi I added to the build.prop, copied the file back to the tablet and it works fine.

Battery life is about 5 hours of intensive use. maybe a little less. This includes downloading videos, apps, syncing mail, tweets, etc. I have a portable battery box I build for my devices (they sell them now) that I haven't tried via USB, but I suspect since the tablet charges on USB as well as AC, that it should work.

Should note, I tend to turn background sync off when I'm unplugged (not a big deal since I am sharing the device with my wife and my Photon is still my main android communications device) and my screen brightness is about 20% (plenty bright indoors). But I'm happy with the tablet and going to keep 2.3.4 until ICS is more refined and all the apps work well with it.

Noticed many apps are not available in the market. Google Voice for instance. You will need to sideload these apps but they work.

As a side note, with Google Voice you have access to your phones incoming text messages, which is a nice feature if you already use Google Voice.

Last edited:

Kellman

Jan 13, 2012
Following the instructions that Kellman provided to update to ICS, and it worked like a charm! However, would someone be able to post a guide to downgrade back to Gingerbread?

I see that on the iviewus.com website, they do not post a Gingerbread recovery image. Would the ployer image for the MOMO9 work Firmware-Shenzhen Ployer Electronics Co., Ltd ??

instructions are the same, just dl the MOMO9加强版中性固件97F2-A10-V2.0 20111212 firmware instead of the 4.0 one. This seems to be the exact same FW that IView put on this from the factory.

markm

Jan 25, 2012
instructions are the same, just dl the MOMO9加强版中性固件97F2-A10-V2.0 20111212 firmware instead of the 4.0 one. This seems to be the exact same FW that IView put on this from the factory.

Perfect! Exactly what I needed confirmation on.

By the way, if anyone needs a SystemUi.apk for ICS that removes the cell signal icon from the status bar (similar to the one earlier posted for GB), I can post the source file and unsigned apk.

Kellman

Jan 13, 2012
I got a lot of great info from this thread, but I bricked my iView with the build.prop file. (somehow, when I edited it, and copied it into the directory it deleted the build.prop rather than replacing it. I had a bad feeling about it, but I went ahead and reboot hoping it was just a glitch after several attempts to paste/move it to the directory from a backup on dropbox).

Stuck in an infinite boot cycle now.

ADB isn't connecting to it, well at least not QTADB.

Can anyone post a recovery zip for either ICS or the stock rom. I can get into recovery, and I assume with a zip I can simply flash the device.

I downloaded the Tar file from MOMO for ICS, is there a way to flash that as I zip (haven't opened it yet to see if there is a zip inside).

If not, can anyone explain to me the simplest method to get back into android? I don't care about wiping the device, it's brand new, no data on it. Just want to least time intensive method to get it back from a black screen with Android written on it.

Oh, and for now I would actually prefer Gingerbread. But I'm not gonna complain if it's easier to install an ICS rom.

Thanks in advance!

Just follow the steps that I have posted to flash ICS, or back to Gingerbread. They don't require you to put anything onto the device, as they flash the image from your computer.

First DL
[FONT=&amp]The ICS firmware for the Ployer momo9 from here: [/FONT]MOMO9加强版Android 4.0固件 20120113
[FONT=&amp]Then you will need to make sure that the ADB driver for your tablet is installed, The easiest way to get this done is to Download and install PDANet it will install ADB drivers for you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Next install The LiveSuitPack included with the firmware, after this is installed you can follow on screen instructions for Mandatory Update.

Once in ICS you will need to change language and KB to english, and there you go. Market is already installed and you are ready to go.

Back to Gingerbread is the same, just using a Gingerbread image instead. The ployer uses an identical firmware to the one that came flashed on our devices out of the box.
Here is Gingerbread:
[/FONT]MOMO9加强版中性固件97F2-A10-V2.0 20111212

Last edited:

onsenmark

Dec 27, 2011
Just follow the steps that I have posted to flash ICS, or back to Gingerbread. They don't require you to put anything onto the device, as they flash the image from your computer.

First DL
[FONT=&amp]The ICS firmware for the Ployer momo9 from here: [/FONT]MOMO9加强版Android 4.0固件 20120113
[FONT=&amp]Then you will need to make sure that the ADB driver for your tablet is installed, The easiest way to get this done is to Download and install PDANet it will install ADB drivers for you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Next install The LiveSuitPack included with the firmware, after this is installed you can follow on screen instructions for Mandatory Update.

Once in ICS you will need to change language and KB to english, and there you go. Market is already installed and you are ready to go.

Back to Gingerbread is the same, just using a Gingerbread image instead. The ployer uses an identical firmware to the one that came flashed on our devices out of the box.
Here is Gingerbread:
[/FONT]MOMO9加强版中性固件97F2-A10-V2.0 20111212

I'm downloading the 4.0 ROM as I type, but it's downloading so slow as to be not worth doing -- and I'm on a FiOS connection! Any chance you might be able to upload it someplace else, if possible?

markm

Jan 25, 2012
Attached is the SystemUI.apk for ICS that removes the cell signal icon from the status bar. The procedure to replace the ICS SystemUI.apk with this modded one are the the same from what was earlier posted for GB.

Attachments

• $SystemUI-mod-ICS.zip
    527.7 KB · Views: 207

onsenmark

Dec 27, 2011
weird, dled fast over comcast cable.

For some reason, it started slow, and got slower. But I think I ended up downloading the firmware in an hour. I'm still undecided if I'm going to upgrade yet, though. Does anyone know if there's Flash for ICS yet?