Anyone know anything about this one?

jwolf

Jan 31, 2012
Getting rid of cell standby (battery drainer) is pretty easy, and removing the icons is just as easy, although a bit more involved.
To disable cell standby, thus increasing battery life:
  • Get a file explorer with root capabilities (i used file expert, free and no ads ^^)
  • navigate to /system/app
  • rename Phone.apk to Phone.apk.old (disables it, and lets you keep a backup just in case)
File expert won't let me rename these files. Any ideas on what I'm missing?

Auztin

Jan 11, 2012
I sometimes get that problem too, I don't know if its just file expert or a system problem but rebooting usually fixes it

jwolf

Jan 31, 2012
Thanks Auztin, you actually solved my problem with an earlier post that I must of missed. On to the next issue.

I can't download any apps from the Android Market. The download starts out fine, but at some point I get the error "The application market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again"

I'm still running the android version the tab came with, and haven't messed with anything else except turning off the phone thingys.

anyone else having this problem? perhaps there is already a thread about this one.

jwolf

Jan 31, 2012
also I've already tried clearing the cache and data under 'manage apps', and rebooted several times.

jwolf

Jan 31, 2012
I cannot find anything to get the official android market to function properly on this device. I keep getting the mentioned error when the download reaches 100%.

If anyone knows how to get it to work please let me know. Again, the clearing cache and data, rebooting, and even installing different versions on the android market have'nt worked.

That said, the amazon app store is up and running, and this tab is a sweet deal for $130. With how fast tabs are evolving, I'd rather not fork over $500+

MarcelJV

Jan 25, 2012
Getting rid of cell standby (battery drainer) is pretty easy, and removing the icons is just as easy, although a bit more involved.
To disable cell standby, thus increasing battery life:
  • Get a file explorer with root capabilities (i used file expert, free and no ads ^^)
  • navigate to /system/app
  • rename Phone.apk to Phone.apk.old (disables it, and lets you keep a backup just in case)
File expert won't let me rename these files. Any ideas on what I'm missing?

Open File Expert.
touch the menu button then the more link at the bottom of the screen.
touch settings
Open file explorer settings.
Check box the enable root capabilities.
Use the back button to get back to the explorer screen and now you should be able to rename the files.

Last edited:

collinp

Jan 1, 2012
I plan on getting one of these soon, but simple noob question: Will Google maps and such still work even though it doesn't have a GPS? I'm assuming it could do some geolocation based off of the WiFi hotspot that you're on.

MarcelJV

Jan 25, 2012
I plan on getting one of these soon, but simple noob question: Will Google maps and such still work even though it doesn't have a GPS? I'm assuming it could do some geolocation based off of the WiFi hotspot that you're on.

My kids love the Google Maps app and it knows exactly where we are.
So yes it does it the way you said above.

PBS

Feb 2, 2012
it looks like it does have gps, as i get messages to turn it on when going into navigation app with it turned off in settings..
also, there's a on/off button on the power widget for gps and it seems to work, so looks like it DOES have gps, tho not very good, as it doesn't pick up in bad weather, and is not as accurate as some..[about 50ft]
needs an external antenna to pick up better, right now i can't get signal because is raining..
unless someone knows otherwise..:)

collinp

Jan 1, 2012
it looks like it does have gps, as i get messages to turn it on when going into navigation app with it turned off in settings..
also, there's a on/off button on the power widget for gps and it seems to work, so looks like it DOES have gps, tho not very good, as it doesn't pick up in bad weather, and is not as accurate as some..[about 50ft]
needs an external antenna to pick up better, right now i can't get signal because is raining..
unless someone knows otherwise..:)

that's strange.. all of the reviews that I've read say that it doesn't have a GPS.. hmm.

PBS

Feb 2, 2012
well, after further investigation, it seems the 2 apps i have [Navigation and Google Maps] neither work without wireless turned on..
but the navigation app also won't let you enter without gps turned on...go figure..
but they only look like they're reading location when entering app, you have to exit app the re-enter to see changes..

both seem to know with uncanny accuracy my location, if it's doing this with wifi, i have no idea how..
And there's clearly a 'Use gps satellites' checkbox in Locations and Security settings, and the app seems to know when it's off..[maybe just the services]

but like i said, it's stormy here now so that may be why no signal..will check again outside tomorrow.

edit: tested with gps tester apps and none found any sats....:(
sorry for false alarm..

Last edited:

DREW1240

Jan 29, 2012
Hello everyone:

I am new to the tablet and ROM. Here is what I had. Then, I accidently put my LG smartphone's SD card into the tablet and all of my apps were gone. Any of you know how I can get the original apps back? If not, do you know what ROM will work for this tablet? Any help is appreciated. Thank you everyone!

[h=1]X6-6D MID[/h]CPU: VIA WM8505+ (533MHz)
Storage: 2GB Nand flash
LCD: 7" digital panel
WIFI: WIFI 802.11b/g

CPU: VIA WM8505+ (533MHz)
Storage: 2GB Nand flash
LCD: 7" digital panel
WIFI: WIFI 802.11b/g

Main Features
1) Google Android 1.6 Operating System
2) 7" Color TFT LCD with Touch screen
3) Multipurpose Tablet/MID/eReader
4) Slim, Compact and Light weight
5) Hardware Video Accelerator
6) Fast and Easy Internet Browsing
7) Built-in WIFI
8) Innovative design and Executive look
9) Rechargeable/Replaceable Li-Ion Batt.

Hardware Specifications
1) Operating System: Google Android V 1.6
2) Memory: 128M DDR2
3) Storage: 2GB Nand Flash
4) LCD: TFT Color Digital, 800x480
5) Touch Screen: Resistive
6) Connectivity: Built-in WIFI 802.11g/g
7) Port: 30 Pin Apple Multi Interface
8) Card Port: 2 in 1 TF card
9) Built-in Camera: Built in 1.3M pixels Webcamera
10) Sound Effect: In focus A udio Built in Stereo Speaker
11) Battery: Li Polymer-2100mAH

Main functional:
Office: Documents to go 2.0, Google email
APK Installer
ES File Browser
Google Map
Google Talk, MSN and QQ
Brower: Google Chrome
Media Player: Music Online, Merdian
Supported Audio Formats: MP3, WAV,WMA, AAC, AAC+
Supported Video formats: MP4 SP, AVI(XviD, H.263, DivX), Flash, 3GP and H.263 + WMA
Supported Image Formats: JPEG and GIF

Igthorn

Jan 9, 2012
Just tested another market compability fix. Finally got TouchPal Keyboard Tablet, AI Type Keyboard, and The Weather Channel app to show as compatible on market.

It had nothing to do with any build.prop tweaks. Seems some key files were missing from '/system/etc/permissions'.

stock list of xmls in '/system/etc/permissions'

Code:
android.hardware.location.gps.xml
android.hardware.location.xml
android.hardware.sensor.accelerometer.xml
android.hardware.sensor.compass.xml
android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct.xml
android.hardware.touchscreen.xml
android.hardware.wifi.xml
com.android.location.provider.xml
com.google.android.maps.xml
platform.xml

new list of xmls in '/system/etc/permissions'

Code:
com.google.android.maps.xml
com.android.location.provider.xml
android.hardware.location.gps.xml
android.hardware.touchscreen.xml
android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct.xml
platform.xml
android.hardware.wifi.xml
android.hardware.sensor.compass.xml
android.hardware.sensor.accelerometer.xml
android.hardware.location.xml
tablet_core_hardware.xml
handheld_core_hardware.xml
android.software.sip.xml
android.software.sip.voip.xml
android.software.live_wallpaper.xml
android.hardware.usb.host.xml
android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.jazzhand.xml
android.hardware.telephony.gsm.xml
android.hardware.telephony.cdma.xml
android.hardware.sensor.proximity.xml
android.hardware.sensor.light.xml
android.hardware.sensor.gyroscope.xml
android.hardware.sensor.barometer.xml
android.hardware.nfc.xml
android.hardware.faketouch.multitouch.jazzhand.xml
android.hardware.camera.front.xml
android.hardware.camera.flash-autofocus.xml
android.hardware.audio.low_latency.xml

I just looked through various gb roms to find possible xmls and put most of them in. I probably should remove some of them so it truely matches the hardware available.

I think the really important one was 'handheld_core_hardware.xml' or 'tablet_core_hardware.xml' (not sure if this one applies to the 760tpc), without that 'android.hardware.screen.portrait" and 'android.hardware.screen.landscape' are missing from the features list.

permissions xmls fix +
standard density (120/160/240/320) +
build.prop device spoofing (ro.product.model, ro.product.manufacturer, ro.build.fingerprint)

should give the 760tpc the best possible market compatibility.

Kellman

Jan 13, 2012
I cannot find anything to get the official android market to function properly on this device. I keep getting the mentioned error when the download reaches 100%.

If anyone knows how to get it to work please let me know. Again, the clearing cache and data, rebooting, and even installing different versions on the android market have'nt worked.

That said, the amazon app store is up and running, and this tab is a sweet deal for $130. With how fast tabs are evolving, I'd rather not fork over $500+
Try installing this version from APK, it should ask if you want to replace the current version. I have this one on mine and it seems to be working fine. com.android.vending.3.1.3.apk