Anyone knows if it's possible to share phone's internet connection with Vizio Tablet?

kincer

Oct 10, 2011
My phone is a Droid 1 and I guess its a ad-hoc network, I need to figure out how to get the Vtab to see a ad-hoc network.

droid_dude

Oct 10, 2011
My phone is a Droid 1 and I guess its a ad-hoc network, I need to figure out how to get the Vtab to see a ad-hoc network.

I discovered a had a similar problem with my nook color. I could use my rooted Droid 1 for a hotspot on my laptop but not my nook color.

I found this link that solved the problem:

[FIX] AdHoc Wifi support on the NC! - xda-developers

It fixed the problem perfectly, but this solution requires a rooted device which unfortunately is not the case for the VTAB.

If we could gain root (superuser) access for the VTAB, I am sure this would solve our problem.

droid_dude

Oct 10, 2011

Thanks for the tip! However, I just tried this and unfortunately I get the same result (no hotspot detected).

Can you please let me know what settings you used for the Wireless Tether app? Did you change any of the default settings (e.g. channel, SSID, access-control, wake lock)?

ktackel

Aug 31, 2011
The only thing I remember changing is setting it up to use the security, but I am at work and will double check when I get home later.

ktackel

Aug 31, 2011
I am using wpa2 for my security so maybe that last post about it only working with that is correct?

Lucas3

Oct 20, 2011
Stock Android tablets don't recognize Ad-hoc wireless tether which sucks bad. Want to use rooted Droid Charge as 4G Hotspot with this tablet and its not possible until someone can root darn tablet. Someone has to come through for us all and get root for us. I will reward $

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

dornstar

Sep 3, 2011
Stock Android tablets don't recognize Ad-hoc wireless tether which sucks bad. Want to use rooted Droid Charge as 4G Hotspot with this tablet and its not possible until someone can root darn tablet. Someone has to come through for us all and get root for us. I will reward $

Wifi tether works fine with my Droid X.

Lucas3

Oct 20, 2011
Please explain how? Your telling me Vizio tab works with wifi tether on your Droid X???

Lucas3

Oct 20, 2011
Sorry to bother but what settings on Vizio Tab and what app and settings are you using on your cell to achieve a wifi tether? Not a forum out there that i have read where this was achieved, hence the out cry for root with this tablet.