CWM development

tuzzz

Apr 23, 2011
Do you have this version available?
I post it in this forum and xda-developers forum. Follow the link in my signature and read latest my posts.
Does not work for me... at the moment anyway...
Only this is true...
EDIT:
Okay. I have confirmed that the PREVIOUS 4.0.1.5 that runs on the 0.6.1.2(672) and the one I just downloaded ARE THE SAME... and they will not run on 6.1.5(587) on these two machines.

There are only a few possibilities:
1) the u0/u-boot 0.6.1.5(587) I have is somehow different than tuzzz has...
2) the stragulus kernel is somehow different enough to cause an issue with it...
3) the storage issue is affecting it somehow...

I somewhat dismiss #3 as other 'kinda operable' versions of comparable size start (tho do not run right).

GOTTA get that NAND changed!

I got u0 and u-boot 0.6.1.5(587) from firmware 2852. Kernel from 3245. If you want I can flash kernel from 2852 (the same as in stragulus v5).

As you ask

View attachment $0.6.1.5_1.4.587_GT2005.zip

Restoring Verandi mod of Stragulus v5.

2e is standart android recovery from old official firmware (android 2.1).

And I can put video with full upgrade procedure from 2e android recovery to cwm. Although it will take time away from work on patching the official firmware. I tell you again. I'm ported cwm with tablet wich has hwid 0.6.1.5 and u0 587. And all works perfect. Otherwise I would not represent this cwm for community. Also I tested this cwm with older tablet (hwid 0.6.1.2).

One condition. Tablet must be NAND version. Not iNAND. This condition is true for flytouch2.

If you can't make it work then it does not mean it does not work. I provided patches and fstab. If this is not enough then I can share all sources with patches. And I will not say anything on this issue anymore. I'm just will publish the disproving video on every yours guessing. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I post it in this forum and xda-developers forum. Follow the link in my signature and read latest my posts.

Only this is true...

I got u0 and u-boot 0.6.1.5(587) from firmware 2852. Kernel from 3245. If you want I can flash kernel from 2852 (the same as in stragulus v5).

As you ask

View attachment 3749

Restoring Verandi mod of Stragulus v5.

2e is standart android recovery from old official firmware (android 2.1).

And I can put video with full upgrade procedure from 2e android recovery to cwm. Although it will take time away from work on patching the official firmware. I tell you again. I'm ported cwm with tablet wich has hwid 0.6.1.5 and u0 587. And all works perfect. Otherwise I would not represent this cwm for community. Also I tested this cwm with older tablet (hwid 0.6.1.2).

One condition. Tablet must be NAND version. Not iNAND. This condition is true for flytouch2.

If you can't make it work then it does not mean it does not work. I provided patches and fstab. If this is not enough then I can share all sources with patches. And I will not say anything on this issue anymore. I'm just will publish the disproving video on every yours guessing. ;)

WOAH!!!

I did NOT mean to imply that it does NOT work!!! Only that I am having trouble with it. THAT IS ALL I CAN SAY.

I am COMPLETELY and FULLY willing to believe that SOMETHING FUNKY is going on HERE... NOT with your work.

I PROMISE not to bother you any more!
I will only report GOOD NEWS... once I have it.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Good work, if its stable, send it to kush

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

tuzzz

Apr 23, 2011
It's stable but have some mistakes. After rework I will send it.

I will only report GOOD NEWS... once I have it.

You can post anything. But. I must answer to phrases like: "it's not cwm, it's 2e" and "it will not run on the 6.1.x(587) version u0/u-boot". Because this are misleading.

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Alright, but sending to kush will only be helpfull to keep it on record. With the latest firmwares, the clockwork mod cant automatically install the recoveries (only on the earliest firmwares, like 1117) unless someone builds a custom firmware that rebuilds the partitions of the tablets allowing writing access to the recovery.

tuzzz

Apr 23, 2011
Hmm. I missed something?

Anyway I'll try this on newest tablet "PO41" as will the possibility of.

EDIT
I'm not sure but this looks like NAND partition "recovery" moved to NOR where is u0. And it installation may be executed only from IUW.

tuzzz

Apr 23, 2011
@rgocal
And you were right. On newest tablets bootloader don't include recovery boot. Only formatting data and system partitions and then unpacking system from zSYS.img (as chinese "recovery").

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
The recoveris need manually installed. Thats goen to be the difficult part when it comes to explaining instructions to the community when you guys release

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
@rgocal
And you were right. On newest tablets bootloader don't include recovery boot. Only formatting data and system partitions and then unpacking system from zSYS.img (as chinese "recovery").
This is true for all of the latest infotmic based tablets. As noted in the Sylvania forum post - SYSBACK = zSYS.img it's possible to use the custom utility created by vio to extract the zSYS.img from a good InfoTM Update Wrap (.ius) file and burn using IUW.exe or a bootable SD card using the WinHex "aben.start sector.001" method to burn "Recovery" to restore factory reset (three finger method). If you have a chance check in with the TechVendetta ROM Developement effort that has a custom CWM in the works as well.

famewolf

Sep 7, 2011
I have a brand new untouched flytouch II that shows the bootloader as 0.6.1.5()

Last edited:

famewolf

Sep 7, 2011
(the rest of my message since it refuses to post in previous post ????) No numbers in the parenthesis. The android version in settings is android2_2_20110420 which looks newer to me then any other roms I've found so far but it runs dog slow and I'd also like to to get rid of pinyin and unnecessary stuff...my 7 inch tablet has a slower processor with same ram and actually is more responsive then the flytouch.....not sure if dumping the rom is worthwhile for anyone.....I'd like to get clockworkmod working here like on my htc hd2.....on the hd2 a seperate step is used to "format" the available space into partitions one time....from then on clockworkmod is used to "copy" files to the appropriate partition...as for the signature needed....you should be able to take just about ANY premade cwm .zip that has system and data and gut it, replacing the files for this rom and it will have a recognized "signature".....from what I've read I need to update my bootloader and I'd like to update my rom but I'm willing to wait and test a working cwm rom if you need a guinea pigIf thats not helpful, if you can point me to a newer trimmed down rom and some docs I can follow I'd be appreciative.

tuzzz

Apr 23, 2011
@cfrockit
I'm not sure about TechVendetta. While there is only video and no source code, patches or configuration files.

Porting u-boot or android bootloader is not so simple. But if you want investigate this issue then pm me.

Kernel sources contains home-made memory management. Without headers. Chinese android contains libmm_dma through which happens work with multimedia and the network etc etc... Base porting is not so hard. But hardware acceleration remains in question. Bootloader porting too.

I did some research with the stragulus cm6 port. The main problem there with stagefright and so on. Half of android was taken from the official firmware. But to get hardware accelerated video playback failed. Not standart part of "infodroid" and lack of information about the processor and pcb's (different tablets - different gpio, irq etc) are responsible for that.

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Hardware accelaration probably wont happen unless we hit a break through.

tuzzz

Apr 23, 2011
LOL. :)

If you want to do some movies like TechVendetta get this "my one hour port" cm7 for ft2. Adb enabled on top port. Adb driver here. And tablet should not go to sleep. Make video sessions for us please. ;) Tested on tablet with hwid 0.6.1.5.

If you need the source code, I'll share them.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Wish i could replace my superpad so i could get into these shenanigans