Huawei Ideos S7 Official Firmware Releases Discussions

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Huawei's Android 2.2 is ready. Just wait.

There is no need to file any feedback to Huawei regarding this, except for marketing's thick skulled approach to not posting some form of former press release regarding this. The engineers are just as stumped as we are.

badsig

Mar 12, 2011
I hope they release a generic 2.2 similar to the Singapore 2.1 firmware first while all the local bloatware-filled versions are still being worked on...

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
I hope they release a generic 2.2 similar to the Singapore 2.1 firmware first while all the local bloatware-filled versions are still being worked on...

From all of the different Roms I've used since I got the S7, only the Telstra firmware was filled with a lot of bloaty. At least that's removable =)

~Ivy

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
Does anyone know when, if ever, the S7 will have android 2.2. I would love to be able to store programs on sd which would free up the rather limited storage space available. Thanks from a noob.

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Does anyone know when, if ever, the S7 will have android 2.2. I would love to be able to store programs on sd which would free up the rather limited storage space available. Thanks from a noob.

There are ways to do this, with scripting and the like. There's a couple of threads here that run through what you need to do.

2.2 is due soon I think, but it's just a matter of waiting really.

~ivy

peeter111

Nov 24, 2010
Huawei's Android 2.2 is ready. Just wait.

There is no need to file any feedback to Huawei regarding this, except for marketing's thick skulled approach to not posting some form of former press release regarding this. The engineers are just as stumped as we are.

If the engineers are stumped then why don't they just "leak" their ROM to us already.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
They appear to be just additional 2.1 roms that aren't on the MoDaCo wiki

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
It's interesting I think I've worked out the format of the Rom serials:

S7 V100 - Our Tablet
R001 - Release number (I guess if we see a R002 It's going to be android 2.2)
C13 - Provider (who's selling the tablet in this case Telstra)
B021 - Build number (I think this is provider based)
SP02 - Service pack? (this doesn't appear on all of the firmware files)

I'd assume they are also 2.1

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
looks like you checking the files on the huawei site.

same as what i did, but there are no new files yet.

Last edited: