ICS on 7022

reaper420

Nov 7, 2011
Let's go then

First of all I've reverted my 7022 to the stock rom. Not needed but I did it. An remember: DO NOT LET YOU DEVICE BOOT UP BETWEEN THE STEPS;
I'm using CWMR version 4.0.1.5

1. Formated cache and data, and wiped delvick cache

2. Flashed the wipe file by Leslieanne;

3. Flashed Coby_Kyros_7022_ICS_403_13_AD.zip;

4. Flashed jcase rootme zip;

5. Flashed the gapps;

6. Reboot now ! It did not boot up, so I pressed the reset button in the back of the tablet and then it worked. I'm running ICS since last saturday 02/06.

Thats the exact way ive been doing it but ive been flashing the other file, could you give me a link to the one you flashed

not12listen

Jun 30, 2011
Let's go then

First of all I've reverted my 7022 to the stock rom. Not needed but I did it. An remember: DO NOT LET YOU DEVICE BOOT UP BETWEEN THE STEPS;
I'm using CWMR version 4.0.1.5

1. Formated cache and data, and wiped delvick cache

2. Flashed the wipe file by Leslieanne;

3. Flashed Coby_Kyros_7022_ICS_403_13_AD.zip;

4. Flashed jcase rootme zip;

5. Flashed the gapps;

6. Reboot now ! It did not boot up, so I pressed the reset button in the back of the tablet and then it worked. I'm running ICS since last saturday 02/06.

thank you very much for taking the time to go through the steps. i wish i could say that it worked, but unfortunately, it did not.

maybe the version of CWMR that i'm using? when i boot up, i have:
CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.7

if that is causing my issue, i would greatly appreciate guidance on how to remove my current version of CWM and where to install the correct version.

as per where i got this version of CWM, i cannot recall. it has been some time since i installed it.

reaper420

Nov 7, 2011
That version didn't work for me either, never gets past the coby screen, and I happen to be using the 5.0 something cwm recovery also

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Can't someone setup their tablet with everything then make a backup then share the backup?

thraxis

Jun 7, 2012
Did some searching today...

The serial number request is embeded in the framework.apk in an update function.

not12listen

Jun 30, 2011
not sure if someone else has tried this or not, and this is very much "throwing spaghetti against the wall" at this point (for me)... i'm going to try updating to ICS tonight, but i'll skip the Root and GApps pieces.

if that does work, i'll post as such - if it does not help, well, then i'm back at square one. :)

not12listen

Jun 30, 2011
unfortunately, my "spaghetti against the wall" approach did not work. same results.

so, i've recovered to a previous/working image of 2.2.

i'm still really curious what i am doing, if anything, that is preventing this from working for me.

piratesscareme

Aug 15, 2011
skipping the root flash will take recovery off of your tablet. This is ok. You will just have to reflash it useing fastboot. I am sorry this is not working for everyone. The file I posted is the one directly from coby. I saw where someone said that after they hit the reset button on the back of the tablet it booted up the second time fine. maybe that will help.

not12listen

Jun 30, 2011
skipping the root flash will take recovery off of your tablet. This is ok. You will just have to reflash it useing fastboot. I am sorry this is not working for everyone. The file I posted is the one directly from coby. I saw where someone said that after they hit the reset button on the back of the tablet it booted up the second time fine. maybe that will help.

i do not doubt that the file you are posting is the file that worked for you. i did try the reset button as well, numerous times. unfortunately, nothing is working.

if/when i get time, i'll record a video of the entire process that i go through - that way someone that has this working can watch and comment on what i am doing incorrectly.

reaper420

Nov 7, 2011
Ir i tried restoring one of the backups posted will remove my recovery, i only ask because ive never been able to get fastboot to work on anything,my tablet or my two phones

mixone

Mar 9, 2012
Can someone try to add 3G settings to 8127 with ICS?
Or if want to make a update file with 3G ?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
@piratesscareme

Hi, seeing you made the backup and appear to be one of the few people in this thread that understands fastboot, Can you try below? it should work just fine, provided the system backup isn't too big.

from your backup files you only need boot.img and system.yaffs2.img

boot into fastboot

do following commands

fastboot flash system system.yaffs2.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot reboot

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Ok I have split your boot.img this is where the Serial number is called from, so modifying the boot.img should stop the Serial number checking.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Here is an update.zip with modified boot.img you should be able to just flash via CWM and this should upgrade you to ICS. Make sure you have a good backup before trying this, this will not replace your current recovery, so you can still use your current cwm recovery in case you want to restore your backup. I don't have a 7022 so this is untested, should work just fine but there is always a risk of bricking your tablet via any modifications, you assume all risk.

7022_ics.zip