igg

igg

Sep 14, 2012
I plan or reading this, too often I get bogged down reading meaningless fiction, and it just might be a bit refreshing. Lately, though, I've been reading a Series of books by Akashic books, Collections of noir based on particular cities around the world. For the most part they have been wonderful, although the collection from Seattle, the only collection from a city in my home state, was a bit disappointing, Portland Noir, Oregon not Maine, which is actually closer to me than Seattle, was a pretty good Collection of stories.
Tom T if you have trouble finding the book get back to me and Ill see if I can track it down,you will also need some help in translating the slang and I can help with that

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I appreciate that, and I will let you know if I have trouble locating (and then understanding) the book ;-)

igg

Sep 14, 2012
If you use your tablet(had to include taht as this is a tablet forum)and look up a site called Booktopia.com.au,they list the novel as being in stock and it appears the star of the book is NINO CULOTTA and he was not the writer,it was written by a guy caled JOHN O'GRADY.
You may also find other sites that have it, however the above site was the first one that i looked at,and they also say that international postage can be arranged.

igg

Sep 14, 2012
Hi Spyder, I am still mucking around with this evil zenethink 180 (as I cant give it away)and what I am trying to do know is to download some kids games from the Android store to it as it may keep the kids amused while travelling, but I am having problems in that it tells me I havent got an SD card loaded which I have and going to settings it tells me that I have an SD cardbut when trying to download games it tells me I havent (but I've come to expect this behaviour from this weird and not wonderful peice of rubbish)Spyder can you direct me to the right link where someone might be able to help me load up some games
HI ALL,A couple of years back i purchased 3 Zenithink ZT180 EPADS which was the among the silliest things I have done.
O ne of these tablets was purchased on behalf of a friend who had problems with turning it on,so feeling a bit guilty I exchanged it for one of mine and found that the problems he was having was only that he was not pressing the start button long enough.
This computer was then stored away for one of our kids and recently we pulled it out of storage and attempted to log on only to find that our friend must have entered a screen lock pattern which consists of a number of dots that appear on the screen which must be connected in the correct sequence to unlock it,well try as hard as we can we can not come up with the correct sequence to unlock it.
I took the useless thing to a freind who is a computer technician and he also could not unlock it and said the easiest way would be to reset it to factory settings however he had been told unless this was done right you would lose the Android operating system.
I have found a site that runs through howto unlock it and states that clicking on settings then on privacy then scrolling down to reset to factory settings and follow his instructions from there.
Well my problem is when I click on privacy reset to factory settings does not come up,nor can I find restore to factory settings on this EPAD.
Can any one shed any light on (1)how to unlock the screen lock. (2) how to safely reset it to factory settings (3)how to throw it far enough away that no one will ever find it.
And just to finish up please,please ,please dont buy one spend a few $extra an buy an Asus Transformer

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
I loved reading through this thread, and hate to spoil it with a whole bunch of tech babble... But if you can tell me what version ZT-180 tablet you have and what ROM is on it, I may be able to help....

igg

Sep 14, 2012
I loved reading through this thread, and hate to spoil it with a whole bunch of tech babble... But if you can tell me what version ZT-180 tablet you have and what ROM is on it, I may be able to help....
Hi,and I understand where your coming from with regards to tech babble......but I guess :rolleyes:what we need to understand is that where not talking about an ordinary tablet here were talking about a ZENETHINK and these bloody things are so smart that even their designers cant use them so what chance has an ordinary guy got in coming to grips in how they work.......but getting back to the problem and the info you need I cant really find out a whole lot but what I've got is as follows...components LNX CODE 11 Arm ZT-180 1.0GHZ Processor 256 RAM DDRii Double RAM ....Android version 2.1 update 1-20101030. but if you can tell me where else to look I'll give it a go

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Hi,and I understand where your coming from with regards to tech babble......but I guess :rolleyes:what we need to understand is that where not talking about an ordinary tablet here were talking about a ZENETHINK and these bloody things are so smart that even their designers cant use them so what chance has an ordinary guy got in coming to grips in how they work.......but getting back to the problem and the info you need I cant really find out a whole lot but what I've got is as follows...components LNX CODE 11 Arm ZT-180 1.0GHZ Processor 256 RAM DDRii Double RAM ....Android version 2.1 update 1-20101030. but if you can tell me where else to look I'll give it a go
Unfortunately I have a lot of experience with Zenithink tablets.... My signature on other forums....

zenithinklogosforsignature3.png

Zenithink ZT-180-101 Original 10" Epad (Ruby 1.2 / 576 - B0) (0603 Froyo) - {Bought from FlatComputing July 2010}
Zenithink ZT-180-701A 7" Upad (Cameo - E3) (0613/0618 Froyo) - {Sent by Zenithink April 2011}
Zenithink ZT-180-102 10" v2 Zepad (Jade 2.3-Blue - G0) (0613/0618 Froyo) - {Sent by Zenithink April 2011}
Zenithink ZT-280-C91 10" Zepad (H1_2n : 0217 GB @ 900MHz w/ 2GB Data Partition
) - {Sent by Zenithink Sept. 2011}
Zenithink ZT-280-C71 7" Upad (E7_1n : 0217 GB @ 900MHz w/ 1.5GB Data Partition) - {Sent by Zenithink Sept. 2011}
Zenithink ZT-283-C93 10" ZTPad (H6_1f : Christian Troy's CM10.1 w/ 2GB Data Partition
- {Sent by F&LSuperstore Oct. 2012}
Zenithink ZT-283-C97 9.7" ZTPad (I1_2a : 0910 ICS w/ 2GB Data Partition and working (pl2303) USB GPS) - {Sent by Zenithink Nov. 2012}

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually, the info you gave is enough, the only thing I would need to know more, if you wanted to update your tablet to a newer ROM, would be the screen resolution - 1024x576 or 1024x600..... So you have an Original ZT-180 10" tablet (B0) on the (2010)1030 Eclair ROM...

The simplest answer for you would be just to download the apk from the internet, like from SlideME | Android Apps Market: Download Free & Paid Android Applications or Android Drawer - Android Apps .apk Repository, put it on your sdcard, and install the games from there....

I just read through the 1030 ROM thread on slatedroid, and I didn't find any posts talking about Market problems with the sdcard, and it's been a long time since I've used that ROM, so I'm not sure why it's saying that, I'm using an unofficial version from files from the Zenithink FTP (the (2011)0603 Froyo ROM), but I think Eclair is faster on the original ZT-180 tablets.... You could try to update your ROM to a later version (the (2011)0117 Eclair or a Froyo ROM) and see if that helps, but there are many steps you would need to do to get the tablet to work properly after flashing a new ROM to it (rooting the tablet and changing some system file contents), so if you are interested in trying that, I could try to help you out that....

Last edited:

igg

Sep 14, 2012
Hi,I'm not sure if my reply was sent to you but just in case I will repeat it,the resolution is 1024x600 pixels, however as I'm not really techo savy you would have to lead me through the upgrade process and that might be a little like leading a dead horse to water but I'm ready for a challenge.
I tried going to the slideme site and downloading a game for the Android system I have but this bloody zenethink acted true to form and wouldn't allow it.
igg

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Hi,I'm not sure if my reply was sent to you but just in case I will repeat it,the resolution is 1024x600 pixels, however as I'm not really techo savy you would have to lead me through the upgrade process and that might be a little like leading a dead horse to water but I'm ready for a challenge.
I tried going to the slideme site and downloading a game for the Android system I have but this bloody zenethink acted true to form and wouldn't allow it.
igg
It didn't let you download it, or it wouldn't let you install it? What did it say? Please give as much detail as possible in your replies....

If it just didn't let you install it, make sure in Settings/Applications you have a green check in the box for Unknown sources....

Which ROM would you like to update too? There are many options....
The last Eclair (2.1) ROM (20110117) (flash via burntool on a WindowsXP 32 bit computer)? Android Tablet Firmware Downloads - Infotmic - epad_0117
The last official Froyo (2.2) ROM (20110324) (flash via burntool on a WindowsXP 32 bit computer)? Android Tablet Firmware Downloads - Infotmic - epad_256M_nand_old_android_2.2_0326.rar
Or the last unofficial Froyo ROM (20110603) (flash via sdcard, but need to flash an older ROM via burntool first to get sdcard flashing capability)? Android Tablet Firmware Downloads - Infotmic - 0603ZT180v1ZenithinkFTPfilesAndroid

SlateDroid ZT-180 wiki page I used to keep up to date, but now most of the links there are all broken, but some info there may help you - Wiki:ZT-180 FAQ - Wiki

igg

Sep 14, 2012
First I will run through what is happening...when going to the Android market and clicking on on a game to download I am told the game is downloading then within a few seconds a message comes up on the left hand top of the tablet telling me the download was not successful, .....and on going to the Slideme site I have accessed a game called Bubblez and on clicking download an arrow in the top left hand corner starts flashing and the screen shows the game is downloading by a progression bar, when the game is downloaded and going to downloads it shows the game as downloaded but when clicking on the download a symbol comes up showing PARSE ERROR then below that message it shows THERE IS A PROBLEM PARSING THIS ERROR..OK. so it may be a problem in that it is not installed.
You mention checking a green box, but I cant see where it comes up? also should we be able to download a game that works, how do I show it as a widget on the screen so that the kids (grand kids aged 6 and up) can identify where it is.
The reason I'm trying to get this bugger of a thing to work is to keep the little guys off our other tablets in case they bugger them up and as it's a Zenethink who gives a rats what they do to it and once it's gone they may start doing something more interesting in jumping on one of the Horses we have in the paddock or going out and scaring some crop eating bloody Kangaroos out of our property.
I'd prefer to see if we can get this mongrel of a thing working before going to the trouble of trying to upgrade the system but if we need to go down that path I would be reliant on your help as tech savy to me is something like left handed braille, but ask me to design a major highway surface and I can do it using the preloaded programes that I took a major part in developing but not installing this data on information technology.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
While beavers, dogs, kangaroos, bridges and books etc. are all nice topics, I'm glad Omarahum has put this thread back on the tablet track.:rolleyes: And, might actually be able to help you get some use out of those tablets.:eek: Good to see you're still fighting against those evil tablets Igg. After reading this thread, nobody will ever be able to say Aussies are quitters.:cool:

igg

Sep 14, 2012
Yeah Spider, you're right but lifes too serious and if we give all our time in solving a problem without being able to lighten up the issue a little what the bloody hell is the use of asking for assistance. But as for this bloody Zenethink (I think they named it wrong where instead of naming Zenethink I think they ment ZeneCANT think) but I've still got it because I can not give it away, no one wants it I even tried to donate it to the Hells Angels motor bike club, but being the nice guys they are they said no thanks please give it to the Commancheros, but to finish I think I have some good news for Omaraham as I have been able to load up some of the data I needed,and to finish this reply I would be interested in finding out how one of my previous forum contacts handled his pesky beavers.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Yeah Spider, you're right but life's too serious and if we give all our time in solving a problem without being able to lighten up the issue a little what the bloody hell is the use of asking for assistance.

My thoughts exactly, that's why I didn't interfere.:rolleyes: As long as it's clean and nobody gets hurt, why not?:confused: Maybe if Tom T sees this, he'll come back with an update on the beaver situation.

My concern now is, should you actually get that tablet working properly, one of the Hells Angels or Commancheros will be coming around to pick it up. They'd only find out if they're members of the forum or lurkers, but anything's possible.:cool:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Tom, you are wanted on this thread. ...igg and I want to know how is going with the beavers....do you still have a house?