Infotmic - Update Version deb-r2.1.1561

Lizis2lovely

Jan 14, 2011
I was having problems getting my Infotmic~wowpad to connect to Wi-fi, so I plugged in directly and I was surprised to see that I have an update waiting:

Update Version deb-r2.1.1561 (79.79MB)

Has any one else performed the update and if so - do you know what the difference is?

Last edited:

Lizis2lovely

Jan 14, 2011
Well, it took over 3 hours to install to then tell me that is was corrupted and now it is installing again...... then it froze so I had to reset..... So I am trying again for the 3rd time....

Jan 11, 2011
So far so good. Make sure you back up your system first as you will lose everything (settings, apps etc) Do this before you update as you wont get the option after it downloaded (I made that mistake lol) So far the only dirrence I can find is a storage manager icon on the home screen???

Really hoping for Flash but no joy :mad:(

Last edited:

elister

Jan 1, 2011
How does one upgrade? Is it a menu setting within this odd build of Android 2.1 or do I need to use third party tools and root hacks to upgrade?

altkon

Jan 10, 2011
Mine is also downloading now I am almost at 80 % of download..
Should I carry on or remove task.
Pleasy let me know what to do.
And how can I back up my system before I decide to install it.
Thanks a lot

altkon

Jan 10, 2011
The download has now finished and asks me to "update download package to complete" by pressing view.
But I dont do it because it warned me to close all open files and beware that the system will be closed
and then reinstalled again..There is an exclamation mark on the status Bar with the above mentioned notification.
Giving the options to view or clear it...
I have shutdown and reboot the system and it works OK. But the exclamation mark remains on The left side of tha Stus Bar
next to the "Home" button...
I will stand by for further instructions from the community administrator.
Thanks a lot.

altkon

Jan 10, 2011
So far so good. Make sure you back up your system first as you will lose everything (settings, apps etc) Do this before you update as you wont get the option after it downloaded (I made that mistake lol) So far the only dirrence I can find is a storage manager icon on the home screen???

Really hoping for Flash but no joy :mad:(
Hi Darren!!
Please let us know if you managed to complete the update ....

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Sorry for hijacking, but is there some sort of popup that shows a changelog? Or no?

johnfrankiej

Jan 3, 2011
I'm doing the update now... taken 10 mins to get to 1%. plugged in to get faster update.
I had crashed last night, Apad was in a boot loop so did a factory reset (kernel panic). Just spent an hour installing and re-activating apps, then install started - looks like I'll have a fun afternoon.
It may have tried updating last night which caused the crash (this is a wild guess).

Will post download time when complete and any other notes.

Orion_uk

Dec 31, 2010
mine been running all night !

crashed 3 times, keeps auto pausing download process and failing! after god knows hows how many reboots im not getting offer to update any more!!

:(

just been offered to update again, download resuming at 14%, will prob result in corrupt downloaded file next!!!
:rolleyes:

johnfrankiej

Jan 3, 2011
mine is running smooth, but slow. up to 71%. No crashes so far. I have not been using the pad, I've just let it do the download.