MID7024 "Official" and Custom ROMs

Evolution 3.1.1 MOD for Coby Kyros MID7024
thank you for this gingerbread ! ! ! very cool.
notes to the next person to try it. for me..... on first power up i was freaking out a little bit and wondering if i needed to re-load the previous stuff cause i had NO soft button actions at all.
but then i powered down and back up again and i had soft buttons. yeah !
( and no more red battery icon at the top ..... now it is 100 percent and blue )
it is rooted and titanium backup right there and VERY handy, and that is cool.
..... things are flipped. g: is h: and then h: is g: ? ? ?
my wifi is working fine.
just did a titanium restore of fifty five apps, and then now i wonder how many of them will work ?
reboot..... market force close. but then settings/manage apps/market/clr data, reboot, goto market and is a new layout, works fine, updating six apps now.
updated the busybox successfully. clock says it is 1.149 ghz ergo fifteen percent boost
battery life seems to be running GREAT, no warm / hot spot on the back of the case.
and just fixed all of my permissions in rom manager, and rebooted.
and now i am watching a movie on netflix. hellboy.
antutu benchmark score : 378, 699, 174, 283, 1196, 340, 8.3, 9.9, 3252

Last edited:
the wifi service waits for about 3 minutes before initialize, you can force it by entering to settings/ wirelress/ wi-fi settings

or

open with root explorer the file build.prop located in root/system/ and delete the line wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180

im loving this rom! the touch is a bit more responsive all the apps work including netflix which i used to have problems with but now its working fine thx for the rom!

im loving this rom! the touch is a bit more responsive all the apps work including netflix which i used to have problems with but now its working fine thx for the rom!

I still cannot use netflix pal, can you share the app you are using?

the wifi service waits for about 3 minutes before initialize, you can force it by entering to settings/ wirelress/ wi-fi settings

or

open with root explorer the file build.prop located in root/system/ and delete the line wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180

well its actually a battery saving feature to just scan every 3 minutes :p i actually have that setting also in my old 2.2 rom..

I'm glad you guys like the ROM :)
but I want to make it clear that prox32 is the one who made it.

I only modified it (slightly) to work on the 7024.

Just don't want people to think I'm trying to take credit for his work.

well its actually a battery saving feature to just scan every 3 minutes :p i actually have that setting also in my old 2.2 rom..

yeah i remember You told me that, but i really got frustrated that it didn't start immediately, right now i have it a 60 secs.

I'm glad you guys like the ROM :)
but I want to make it clear that prox32 is the one who made it.

I only modified it (slightly) to work on the 7024.

Just don't want people to think I'm trying to take credit for his work.

It's a great ROM pal, what i like the most is the battery life, is superb!

I tried to install the V6 Supercharger script but it wasn't running well it might be cuz it has a newer busybox than what zeppelinrox recommends.

Last edited:
i got the one from the market... i also installed the new adobe flash player 11 maybe thats why it works idk

Evolution 3.1.1 MOD for Coby Kyros MID7024
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17126237/coby/evo-3.1.1_mid7024_mod-1.zip
md5: 39dc8b170b93b3661bcacb2c9c2b74cf

Changes:
-Hex edited u-boot.*, set_bootargs, and INand.vhd to fix camera (set camera=hi704)
-Added kernel (zImage, zImage.debug) from jmv_10's gingerbread ROM for 8024
-Added kernel modules, touchscreen calibration app, and other files from jmv_10's ROM (look in update/coby_kyros.tgz)
-Added stock logo.png
-Changed bootanimation (Drizzle)
-Modified utscript.sh to install coby_kyros.tgz

I didn't change anything else. I like the ROM the way it is.

Special thanks:
prox32 and all other contributors to the original ROM
jmv_10
flxrms
Other members of the Android Tablets forum

This your rom is the gingerbread right? So did you noticied freezes on the tablet, the HDMI, bluetooth is working?

then idk cornell i was having the same issues as u before but when i switched from cfw-v2 rom to the evo 3.1.1 rom it just started working

This your rom is the gingerbread right? So did you noticied freezes on the tablet, the HDMI, bluetooth is working?

Yes, it is gingerbread.

No freezes so far (YMMV)

I have not tested HDMI or bluetooth.

Last edited:
Back