MID7024 "Official" and Custom ROMs

permansu

Jun 13, 2011
¡GRACIAS TOTALES!!!

Thank you very much, to you and all the people who help getting this rom available to the kyros. It has everything I need, and runs like a charm.

drpelpi

May 30, 2011
This rom is just a miracle for our cobys 7024, is fast, smooth, screen sensitivity improved, battery life improved, everything works, no FCs and most important, skype videocalling is working perferct in both ways. Thank you all for the hard work!

PS: The only thing that dont work is the volumen keys, but i dont my mind at all, the rom is just perfect!

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
This rom is just a miracle for our cobys 7024, is fast, smooth, screen sensitivity improved, battery life improved, everything works, no FCs and most important, skype videocalling is working perferct in both ways. Thank you all for the hard work!

PS: The only thing that dont work is the volumen keys, but i dont my mind at all, the rom is just perfect!

Volume button is working I'm using it right now. The only thing I hate is the small keyboard.

Btw
HDMI is working I just use it to watch a 720p movie. Wifi signal is great I'm getting 54mbps connection at my wifi router.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

Last edited:

Afrolex

Aug 11, 2011
How do you disable the soft volume buttons next to the battery indicator?

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

captferrall

Oct 6, 2011

The new ROM is AWESOME!!! I would also like to know how to remove the volume buttons from the notification bar. If I could get the circle battery meter too, that would just make my tablet!!

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
fwiw, i fyou are looking for a good percentage battery meter, I have just used "battery Indicator" from the market. it puts the icon on the left side of the notification bar but shows it in percentage. I use it on my captivate and kyros.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011

In init.smdkv210.rc look for setprop au.ui.enable_volume_key true and change it to false.
I may do that by default in the next version.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Evolution MOD for MID7024 Version 2
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17126237/coby/evo-3.1.1_mid7024_mod-2.zip
md5: 4de9ccaa7eb5710116824c60bba10387

Based on Evolution 3.1.1 by prox32

Changes:
This is a minor update
-New boot animation (Dancing Android)
-Software volume buttons disabled
-setprop au.ui.enable_auto_sd_path_env true (Thanks flxrms)
-Rooting is now optional (Rename/delete the file "enable_root" to disable)
-Added asix.ko and sr9700.ko from the Alldro2 firmware (forgot them last time)
-USB Ethernet and 3g might be fixed by the change above (if they were even broken)

Credits: prox32 and all involved in his Evolution ROM

Last edited:

AMEZCUA

Oct 6, 2011
I'm from Mexico sorry for my bad english . I really want to thank to flexrms and steev for the support to the tablet Colby kyros.

The ultimate rom that steev uploaded is really greet onli need more memory for apps ,if someone could explain how to make that change.please

Sent from my UTV210 using Android Tablet Forum

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
I'm from Mexico sorry for my bad english . I really want to thank to flexrms and steev for the support to the tablet Colby kyros.

The ultimate rom that steev uploaded is really greet onli need more memory for apps ,if someone could explain how to make that change.please

Sent from my UTV210 using Android Tablet Forum

There should be a mbr folder in the Rom steeve shared just replace 4g.mbr with the SD_mbr.data of the Rom I shared and rename it 4gb.mbr but you need to flash it again or you can open up your tablet and manually increase it using Linux utility.

I think the evolution is better than the modified genesis Rom for 7024 I'm testing now.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

Last edited: