My A500 just updated to 3.2 - Virginia, USA

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
decided to stop letting acer decide when my updates occur - went to XDA Forums - post of the OTA update and took a chance - worked perfect for me so happy. Believe me i will get my next update there.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum
Which update did you use?
I have build # 5.010.13_com_gen2 and do not see that one listed at XDA

deedub

Jul 4, 2011
Anybody know how the update is rolling out; is it by location and build #? I'm in Northern, VA like the original poster and I haven't gotten anything yet.

The updates are by region and then by serial. I bought mine May 5th from the very first batch of A500s my local Best Buy recieved. When did you buy yours?

Last edited:

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
The updates are by region and then by serial. I bought mine May 5th from the very first batch of A500s my local Best Buy recieved. When did you buy yours?
I have seen 3 or 4 people post different things.
It does sound reasonable.
This is what Acer posted.
So I guess it could be as you stated.
It will take years at the rate they are going.
[h=6]update will start from mid of September to the end of the month depending on the product models and countries.[/h]

Last edited:

OLDCEDAWG

Sep 30, 2011
I got the OTA 3.2 Wednesday 9/28/11. I downloaded and installed without a problem. I was rooted but lost root. I am in South Mississippi.
The tablet seems to be a little faster operating. No problems so far.

Vagrent

Sep 28, 2011
My A500 updated to HC 3.2 last night,i just set it to do a manual search for updates and when it said there was one it turned out to be 3.2...

gramps50

Aug 30, 2011
Well if they are going to finish by the end of Sept they're have to hurry. ;) I might be at the end of the list if they are going by serial numbers, I've only had mine for about 3.5 weeks. I just checked and it said I was up to date and I am still on 3.1.

Patiently Waiting.....

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Yeah, I noticed that Mr Oh SoOfficial Malaysia Twitter poster has been very quiet lately.
Probably someone from corporate told him to STFU, and stop making announcements he can't keep.

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
Yeah, I noticed that Mr Oh SoOfficial Malaysia Twitter poster has been very quiet lately.
Probably someone from corporate told him to STFU, and stop making announcements he can't keep.
Maybe they learned their lesson, maybe not. And it was Facebook, not twitter.

Last edited:

kristaylur

May 16, 2011
well im still waiting here in Louisiana, still on 3.1Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Same here. No update here in south Louisiana. Bought my a500 from best buy on launch day.

Mainly wanting zoom for phone formatted apps and full sd card functionality. If a faster os and less force closes come with that then I'll take it. All good though, still like using my tablet either way.

Last edited:

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Anybody in Washiington State get their OTA 3.2 update yet? I was one of the first to pre-order from Best Buy and don't have it yet. I am a patient person though and know it will show up eventually.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Anybody in Washiington State get their OTA 3.2 update yet? I was one of the first to pre-order from Best Buy and don't have it yet. I am a patient person though and know it will show up eventually.

Same boat, Same State. Pre-Ordered the first day Pre-orders went live at Best Buy.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Same boat, Same State. Pre-Ordered the first day Pre-orders went live at Best Buy.

Not exactly what I would like to hear, but thanks for the info. Well, I'm gonna wait a couple more days and if I don't get it...I'll wait a couple more days...and a couple more...

lded21

Jul 2, 2011
Which update did you use?
I have build # 5.010.13_com_gen2 and do not see that one listed at XDA

ACER_A500_7.006.01_COM_GEN2

I have a post there asking for a specific file look me up in xda and you will get the direct link to the file

Last edited:

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
ACER_A500_7.006.01_COM_GEN2

I have a post there asking for a specific file look me up in xda and you will get the direct link to the file

I updated using this link and downloaded it to my computer, extracted the update.zip, put in on my sd and installed with power button and volume down. took less than 5 minutes to install.

link
http://vache-android.com/files/Acer_A500_7.006.01_COM_GEN2.zip