My A500 just updated to 3.2 - Virginia, USA

retief

Sep 22, 2011
I updated using this link and downloaded it to my computer, extracted the update.zip, put in on my sd and installed with power button and volume down. took less than 5 minutes to install.

link
http://vache-android.com/files/Acer_A500_7.006.01_COM_GEN2.zip

I am in Washington as well and have several friends who bought the same tablet around the time I did. No one has yet seen the OTA update. I used the link posted, thank frnkws, and it works as advertised, haven't seen any problems at all. Seeing the "external sd_card" from the PC is nice, but for reasons I have not yet quite figured out, only folders created from the PC seem to be viewable on both. Permissions look the same, so not quite sure where the issue lies. Being able to connect NTFS drives via USB is very nice. Obviously, I was too impatient to wait ....

DroidDoes

Jul 30, 2011
Still on 3.1 in South Carolina. Rather annoying considering the update was slated for a release in "mid September". Hello October...

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I've only seen one post from anyone claiming an update in October.
I wonder if they pulled it again?

jhelms4461

May 1, 2011
Just received the update this morning in Ohio, installed flawlessly , tablet seems smoother and more responsive, haven't tried any of the other features yet !

StephenC

Jan 17, 2011
Just got the OTA! Downloaded and installed! Went from A500_4.010.13_COM_GEN2 to A500_7.006.01_COM_GEN2......
Dallas, Tx​

K9CHP

Aug 3, 2011
Same here in NYS, got the update today, was uneventful.The tablet is definitely faster now. I'm happy.:)

kentuckyrandy

Aug 5, 2011
Southern Kentucky, this morning, just received 3.2 and it installed fine. First thing I noticed was how much faster it boots up and shuts down. Navigation is also more responsive. The SD card shows in taskbar. I will mess with it more this afternoon. Sorry did not record version.

ephebus

Jul 21, 2011
Just received mine this AM in northern Il so far so good seems more responsive almost better then new....lol

And then the browser started acting funny hit the home and my screen was split and had a black background shut it down and restarted it and it hung at the android flash screen had to do a hard reset and wipe out all my data and apps and re install everything
Seems to be working OK now....

Last edited:

thefez

Sep 17, 2011
I received 3.2 update this morning in Boston when I fired up my A500 this morning. Seemed to go smooth. Obviously I have not used it extensively yet. Anyone get NetFlix to work? Still does not show up in the market for me ;(

kwhabq

Apr 27, 2011
Updated in New Mexico today OCT 3. Typing input for this message is very slow. Haven't checked anything else yet.

jdread

Sep 18, 2011
Mine is stuck on the black screen with the Acer logo in the middle and "booting recovery kernal image" in small print in the upper left hand corner. Tablet was making a slight humming noise for a while, but that's now stopped. It's been about 25 minutes. Anyone else have this problem? Should I do a paper clip reboot?

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Just got my 3.2 update here in Western Washington State. 357 mb. Went from A500_4.010.13_COM_GEN2 to A500_7.006.01_COM_GEN2 Kernel version was 2.6.36.3 now it is 2.6.36.3+
I rebooted to see if that was any faster like other people reported, and it sure was! Much faster boot. Shows SD card on notification. I just ran the GPS Test app and was surprised when it came on in full screen. Turned wifi off and locked in on 5 satellites right away. Seems much better than before. Wow! I just ran WiFi Analyzer and wifi seems a little stronger too. Browser is more responsive and faster. So far I'm really liking this update!