Need help with a MPMAN 827, replica of a Coby Kyros MID 8027

mariohayek17

Jan 23, 2012
Hey
I need help with my coby kyros mid 8027 i got the ofw and i flash it but the touch is not responsive and no buttons work.
Please can someone help me.
Thanks in advance

kurantil

Jan 31, 2012
i just did a succesful recovery on MP827 using the firmware for MID8024 and replacing the utmodules contents with the one provided by dachabre.so far everything works except the fact that it does not show that the AC power plug is connected.
Can you describe the process step by step please?

dachabre

Oct 8, 2011
Hey. Sorry for my English, I use a translator. It may be useful - filled to the Russian official firmware file sharing for Coby Mediox MID 8027 (for Russia is available under the brand Mediox). Official Firmware, it gave technical support.
Яндекс.Народ

Well, it looks like MPMan, except MPMan have 4G instead 8G....

Can someone give me instructions for firmware upgrade?
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

dachabre

Oct 8, 2011
Hi dachabre, did you flash this 8gb version to a 4gb version of this tablet and did it work? Any problems after flashing like buttons not working
or did everything went fine?

I have not gathered the courage to try new firmware :(
I don't know how to check it, and i don't want to turn my tablet in to the brick...
I have market on my official 2.2 firmware and the tablet works well and because of that I don't want to take risk....

InsaneWolf

Jan 3, 2012
I have not gathered the courage to try new firmware :(
I don't know how to check it, and i don't want to turn my tablet in to the brick...
I have market on my official 2.2 firmware and the tablet works well and because of that I don't want to take risk....

I see, I want to try, any idea which software/procedure is needed to install it?

*nevermind, I took the files from the folder in the zip file, placed them in the root of external SD card, powered tablet on with power + volume up and it started flashing, worked fine on my MPMAN MP827 :D

Last edited:

ddjjcc

Mar 5, 2012
Dear friends,
Wanted to let You know that I have, with help of this forum, successfully updated my Mpman 827 (Coby 8027, Mediox MID 8027 ...) to Android 2.3! I used ROM from this link originally provided by VWSAV. Later I downloaded Market 3.4.4. pack from this link, no need for rooting or anything similar. Since tablet was awfully bad with original software, unable to go to standby mode, foce close all the time and so on, I had it all, and decided to give it last chance before sending it back to seller. Amazingly, everything went perfectly!
Procedure was like this:
- Download firmware and unrar it to root of empty MicroSD card.
- Power up Tablet holding Vol+ and Power on button.
- After some five to ten minutes You are done, slightly longer first boot, nothing to wory about.
- Default language for this rom i Russian, but that is easy to change.
- Follow instructions from post about Market.3.4.4. Just to mention that not all apk files will install because some of them are already installed.
- Reboot and You are done, ending with Android 2.3!
Been playing with it 2 days, no problem whatsoever!

All the best,
Dusan Jankovic

dachabre

Oct 8, 2011
Great job guys!!!!
ROM provided by VWSAV work perfectly!!!! MPMAN827 is perfect device now :)

Thank you all, and special thanks goes to
VWSAV!!!! You are the best!!! :)

InsaneWolf

Jan 3, 2012
Also I am working on a custom rom, so far I have

-default language in english
-removed some junk apps
-made screen better (smaller icons that look better)
-standard rooted
-standard google apps (gmail, market, youtube)
-changed standard wallpaper to something a bit cooler

Planning:
-see if I can overclock it in some way (by the way this tablet runs gta3 perfectly so it can handle something :p)
-a name for the rom + something else then MEDIOX when you boot it
-maybe something else then the "android" boot animation if I can find compatible boot animations.
-?

dachabre

Oct 8, 2011
Also I am working on a custom rom, so far I have

-default language in english
-removed some junk apps
-made screen better (smaller icons that look better)
-standard rooted
-standard google apps (gmail, market, youtube)
-changed standard wallpaper to something a bit cooler

Planning:
-see if I can overclock it in some way (by the way this tablet runs gta3 perfectly so it can handle something :p)
-a name for the rom + something else then MEDIOX when you boot it
-maybe something else then the "android" boot animation if I can find compatible boot animations.
-?

Great idea!!!
If you need help, let me know....
By the way - how can I root the device? Can you provide some tutorial?

mbiser

Dec 5, 2011
Thank you for confirmation ddjjcc,
did you make backup before upgrading, if so please tell me what tool did you use?

Thanks again

Last edited: