Need help with a MPMAN 827, replica of a Coby Kyros MID 8027

InsaneWolf

Jan 3, 2012
Great idea!!!
If you need help, let me know....
By the way - how can I root the device? Can you provide some tutorial?

I accept all the help I can get :p
as for rooting:
1) Run gingerbreak and wait till the tablet shuts down.
2) Boot the tablet and enable usb debugging.
3) open adb and plug in the tablet.
4) run "adb shell" without the quotes.
5) type "cd /system/bin" without quotes.
6) type "./su" without quotes, now check your tablet, it will ask for root permission, click accept.
7) type "exit" without quotes, type "exit" again.
8) you are rooted :p

droosama

Apr 12, 2012
can you please tell me who give you the official rom of coby kyros mid 8027 so I can contact them and ask them about it, the screen is not responding after I installed blue water on it and I can't go back to the original rom, thanks a lot...

Last edited:

jirohn

May 11, 2012
@dachabre: If you can, I am interested on those modules as well... Is your tablet running Android 2.2 or 2.3?

@sampneves: too bad... it doesn´t apply the resurrection firmware when you short pins 7 & 8? You have to do this first, in order to revive the tablet first (fix its NAND or write a bootable u-boot to internal SD), then re-aply OFW.

hi dachabre, can you upload to other server the link doesn´t work, or send the ut modules to me at [email protected], thanks, i have an kyros mid8027, but touch no response, thanks for your help

dachabre

Oct 8, 2011
hi dachabre, can you upload to other server the link doesn´t work, or send the ut modules to me at [email protected], thanks, i have an kyros mid8027, but touch no response, thanks for your help

My tablet currently runs Bluewater (2.3), but you must know that my tablet is MPMAN 827 (NOT kyros).... I tried MEDIOX rom (also 2.3) provided by vsaw and it worked perfectly but Bluewater is even better (definitely, BEST rom for my MPMAN - rooted, with gapps and much more :) ). I dont know what ut modules do you want (my original rom was 2.2)?

AFPT

Jun 11, 2012
i have an MPMAN 827 and it's NOT a 8027! in system settings it says MID8127!

it's a bit confusing because it looks like MPMAN changed specs and didn't change model name.

does the 8027 based MP827 has a physical home button?

AFPT

Jun 11, 2012
thanks.

can anyone please make and upload a CWM backup with android 2.3?
my tablet keeps losing wifi connection and sometimes freezes and i wanted to check if its because of ICS or hardware related.

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
Hi AFPT,

I've got a MPMAN 827 (MID8127) and I've made a flashable zip of 2.3 rom to flash via recovery. It's not completely stock as I'va add gapps, root and tweak the build.prop but I can upload it if you want. Maybe I'll have to update it to include kernel installation cause you come from ICS...

How did you upgrade to ICS ? Have you used official update from coby germany or did you use a flashable zip ?

AFPT

Jun 11, 2012
that's OK! i always install root and gapps after flashing a rom!

i used the coby update app and used a serial number found on the internet. but it only works when upgrading from 2.3 to 4.0... OTA updates show the android with the triangular sign over it...

only thing that will be missing is a way to change to boot logo back to mpman or maybe a custom logo but i can't find a way to do it... maybe it's possible trough FWDN because it has a "LOGO" tab but it's disabled...

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
Ok, I'll try to upload the file tonight.
I have not much time until next week, so no promise.

Did you try to apply the new update using the coby update app again, not via OTA ? Cause they wrote on their website :
If you updated your tablet earlier, please download the package "UpdateAndroid.apk" (see link below) again, install and run it. The new update will then be downloaded and installed automatically.

AFPT

Jun 11, 2012
when the "0026" update came out, i had the "0016" version and the app downloaded an "*ota-0026.zip" file but failed the installation!
i had to flash android 2.3 with FWDN, install the app again and let it download the "*seed-0026.zip" file. only then the update was successful.

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
So you already have installed the last version with those fix ?
- HDMI is now more reliable.
- Connecting to the PC the tablet can be used as a mass storage device again
- The stability of WIFI connections has been improved
- Video playback is now utilizing the hardware acceleration
- Further stability and performance improvements

Sorry, I didn't know the version number so I'm little lost :/