New Craig 7" Tablet CMP741d ICS 4.03

Fabby101

Jul 25, 2012
Hey Chris. ok so i know what i was doing wrong. my Rootthat folder wasnt in the C:\ and so when i didn it showed my Devices code. so when i install the G apps how many apps are going to be installed? and what will the apps be?

Fabby101

Jul 25, 2012
yep i got that. ok so rooting your android devices basically means getting control of it. so how do i customize it and stuff?? oh btw do yhu know how i can get free apps from Google play without paying or iap for free?

chrislj74

Jul 16, 2012
I'm still learning the customizing aspect myself so I'm not much help there. As for the apps, some can be found through Google if you search for the apk but Playstore has tons of free one's already.

Fabby101

Jul 25, 2012
ok. well thanks so much for your help for the past few days. i really appreciate it. thanks alot. :)

galileo01

Aug 7, 2012
I have the Craig CMP741d and can not get it to show up in device list with adp device at command. The windows device manager shows it as Android Phone --> Android Compsite ADP Interface. I have tried all of the suggestions to no avail. Any ideas? I really would like to get this thing rooted.

thales

Aug 8, 2012
I just got one of these and it seems to work well -- for a $75 tablet. My question is whether any particular "class" of Micro SD card is required? The booklet just says "Micro SD up to 32GB" but I see various speed classes are sold. Does it matter?

chrislj74

Jul 16, 2012
need help to full root cmp741d for google play any help would be nice.

I have the Craig CMP741d and can not get it to show up in device list with adp device at command. The windows device manager shows it as Android Phone --> Android Compsite ADP Interface. I have tried all of the suggestions to no avail. Any ideas? I really would like to get this thing rooted.

All the instructions I used and have helped a few people to use are in this thread. There is even a link for the pdf I used as the 1st person I'm aware to root this tablet.

chrislj74

Jul 16, 2012
All the instructions I used and have helped a few people to use are in this thread. There is even a link for the pdf I used as the 1st person I'm aware to root this tablet.

I would not think it would matter. The only thing that may cause problems is with cheap no name cards. I haven't personally used anything other than a Sandisk 8gb and Sandisk 16gb card.

be80be

Aug 12, 2012
I have fully rooted a cmp741d here whats happening the dang thing doesn't show up to install apps just my old phone.
It said I have the market app running but there no icon

Thank's

Last edited:

chrislj74

Jul 16, 2012
Have you tried rebooting? Also try locating it in processes and clear the cache. Possibly even a factory reset. It should leave the apps and root in place but will reset the data associated.

tealtiger2000

Aug 13, 2012

Mine shows up the same way, if it shows up at all then that's a good thing. As long as you don't see a little icon with an exclamation mark over it, then your drivers are up to date and you can continue rooting the tablet. That's what I did and it rooted perfectly...actually, when I went to use UnlockRoot it told me my tablet was already rooted. LOL But just in case I rooted it again to be safe.

be80be

Aug 12, 2012
Well i feed kind of dumb here I down loaded the wrong Gapps But I found that root that will unlock root and install gapps
I now can install at will from google play and even have the thing running debian linux chroot into the Linux.