NOOKcolor Accessories

Tigagreen

Feb 22, 2011
Got my new Cover in the day before I got the NC. It's like having the bedroom prepared before you bring the 'baby' home:D

$NookColor-Editor-book-3.jpg
Here is the link to JAVOedge

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
I just ordered a Javodge case Friday from amazon.com. Use coupon code NOOKNACK for 15% off. Can't wait til I get it. I got the flip style that has a stand attached to the back.

Sent from my rooted NC using Android Tablet Forum App

Tigagreen

Feb 22, 2011
I used the same 'NookNack' coupon code and also got 15% off; I ordered directly from their website. I'm very happy with the Editor book style case, Fit and finish is very nice with magnetic closure.

armyjeffries

Feb 23, 2011
Does anyone have suggestions on a capacitive stylus. I was thinking of using this for note taking. I dot even have hands on my NC yet, so sgguestions for such an app to do it would be great. Also, I've seen some capacitive styli that didnt glide very well, and were only used for touch (like typing). I definitely need one that I can "draw" with.

ibm650

Feb 28, 2011
The Nook Color uses a special charging cable with extra pins, I will search around and see if I can find one, the extra pins allow faster charge.

Jaxidian

Jan 7, 2011
Anybody have experience with these skins from eBay or the Eco-nique Natural Hemp case?

I like the looks of both of these, and think I'd like the feel of the non-leather case, however, I have a feeling that I'm going to want to use it a lot out of the case and this case looks to be a pretty snug fit. Should I be worried about wear/tear on the skin sliding in and out of the case?

xfeejayx

Feb 28, 2011
Looked through the thread. Looks like nobody has found a full charger for under 10 yet?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
We got these two cases for our Nooks, which are arriving on Monday.

!CFywfcwBmk~$(KGrHqQOKjoE0bpp9RZjBNWK!fEvBw~~0_3.JPG
nookcolorpurpleopen.jpg

I think mine might be going back (the green one). I like how the purple one surrounds the entire Nook, as opposed to just grabbing it on the corners. Also, the purple one has holes in the back over the speaker, although if I were to listen to media playing I assume it would be through headphones. I'm going to wait until I actually have the NC in hand to make up my mind. Does anyone have either of these?

jyams

Feb 20, 2011
Get a Crystal Clear screen protector from Boxwave. Put mine on two days ago and you can't even tell it's on there. Have some scotch tape handy to wrap around your finger to pick up lint and dust. Reapplied mine several times until i got it perfect. You also need the scotch tape to pull up the edge when you want to get a bubble or lint off. After about 15 minutes and removal of several specs of lint by gently pulling up the screenprotector and then smoothing it back down, I got everything perfectly applied. Like I said, follow the directions and you'll love the result. Screen is still very responsive and clear and you can't even tell you have the protector on. I highly recommend. I use these on my Evo as well and have given them as gifts to my kids for their phones. They love them too especially folks with the super AMOLED screens. These crystal clear protectors are very clear. Even in the sun, they don't have glare, AND, they last years. When people see my Evo they always ask why I don't use a screen protector. Well, I do, you just can't tell cause it looks so clear. Lastly, they DON"T show finger prints! Keep the small cloth you get with the product in your case and wipe your screen off occasionally. I never have a finger print issue with these screen protectors. Gotta love em!!

http://www.boxwave.com/products/cleartouchcrystal/cleartouch-crystal-screen-protector-barnes-_-noble-nook-color_4101.htm

barnesnnoble_nookcolor_cleartouch_cc_lg.jpg

Last edited:

jyams

Feb 20, 2011
One thing to keep in mind when getting a case. I've played around with Honecomb 3.0. It's going to be AWESOME! However, be advised that you are going to use 3.0 in the landscape mode (holding your NookColor sideways), because 3.0 is designed to work that way. It can be used in the portrait position also, but landscape is better, IMO. So, when purchasing a case, you might want to consider something that functions well in the landscape mode like this one at amazon.

Tuff-Luv Tri Axis Veggie Leather

81-x2mg8FRL._AA1500_.jpg

Amazon.com: Tuff-Luv Tri-Axis 'Veggie' Faux Leather Case Cover For Barnes & Noble Nook Color - Black: Electronics

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
Get a Crystal Clear screen protector from Boxwave. Put mine on two days ago and you can't even tell it's on there. Have some scotch tape handy to wrap around your finger to pick up lint and dust. Reapplied mine several times until i got it perfect. You also need the scotch tape to pull up the edge when you want to get a bubble or lint off. After about 15 minutes and removal of several specs of lint by gently pulling up the screenprotector and then smoothing it back down, I got everything perfectly applied. Like I said, follow the directions and you'll love the result. Screen is still very responsive and clear and you can't even tell you have the protector on. I highly recommend. I use these on my Evo as well and have given them as gifts to my kids for their phones. They love them too especially folks with the super AMOLED screens. These crystal clear protectors are very clear. Even in the sun, they don't have glare, AND, they last years. When people see my Evo they always ask why I don't use a screen protector. Well, I do, you just can't tell cause it looks so clear. Lastly, they DON"T show finger prints! Keep the small cloth you get with the product in your case and wipe your screen off occasionally. I never have a finger print issue with these screen protectors. Gotta love em!!

Barnes & Noble NOOKcolor ClearTouch Crystal - Glass-like clarity NOOKcolor screen protector and enhancement

barnesnnoble_nookcolor_cleartouch_cc_lg.jpg

I've been searching to see if any B&M stores carry these. I have one of these on my Droid and would prefer not to use the Nook without the screen being protected. Do you know of any stores where I can get these in person tomorrow?

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
One thing to keep in mind when getting a case. I've played around with Honecomb 3.0. It's going to be AWESOME! However, be advised that you are going to use 3.0 in the landscape mode (holding your NookColor sideways), because 3.0 is designed to work that way. It can be used in the portrait position also, but landscape is better, IMO. So, when purchasing a case, you might want to consider something that functions well in the landscape mode like this one at amazon.

Tuff-Luv Tri Axis Veggie Leather

81-x2mg8FRL._AA1500_.jpg

Amazon.com: Tuff-Luv Tri-Axis 'Veggie' Faux Leather Case Cover For Barnes & Noble Nook Color - Black: Electronics

Same question. I'd like to be able to purchase this in person, both because I want to cover my Nook as soon as I get it and because I'd like to see it in person. The more I look at the green one I got, the less I like it.