NOOKcolor Accessories

rsmcjr

Dec 18, 2010
i use this one, and i like it alot. Targus Zierra Leather Portfolio Case for Kindle and NOOK - Black/Burgundy i think the one that jyams found looks great too. here is the link to best buy for the one that i am using, my wife and my daughters all have them and they love them. Targus - Zierra Leather Portfolio Case for Kindle and NOOK - Black/Burgundy - THZ028US they are sturdy and really protect the nook and it doesn't hurt that they look nice ;) i got them on sale for $25.00.

kabbie1882

Feb 24, 2011
Does anyone have suggestions on a capacitive stylus. I was thinking of using this for note taking. I dot even have hands on my NC yet, so sgguestions for such an app to do it would be great. Also, I've seen some capacitive styli that didnt glide very well, and were only used for touch (like typing). I definitely need one that I can "draw" with.

The Griffin stylus for iPad works great. They are about $20.00 at Target have seen them online for $8.00

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
One thing to keep in mind when getting a case. I've played around with Honecomb 3.0. It's going to be AWESOME! However, be advised that you are going to use 3.0 in the landscape mode (holding your NookColor sideways), because 3.0 is designed to work that way. It can be used in the portrait position also, but landscape is better, IMO. So, when purchasing a case, you might want to consider something that functions well in the landscape mode like this one at amazon.

Tuff-Luv Tri Axis Veggie Leather

81-x2mg8FRL._AA1500_.jpg

Amazon.com: Tuff-Luv Tri-Axis 'Veggie' Faux Leather Case Cover For Barnes & Noble Nook Color - Black: Electronics

I bought this one:

82397421.JPG

But I like the one you linked instead. I like the option of having different viewing angles. With the one I got, You have two options, landscape and portrait.

jyams

Feb 20, 2011
i've not seen these in any stores, only on Amazon and Ebay. Barnes/Noble has a plethora of cases on their website and carry many in their store. i did purchase this one and am fairly pleased with it.
82357108.JPG
the metal tab is a magnet and it folds under and attaches to the back to prop the NColor in an upright portrait position suitable for reading. Useful for the kitchen table. It protects the NC very well also. Very functional, but i do plan to get the case from Amazon in my photo in previous post.

Last edited:

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
i've not seen these in any stores, only on Amazon and . Barnes/Noble has a plethora of cases on their website and carry many in their store. i did purchase this one and am fairly pleased with it.
82357108.JPG
the metal tab is a magnet and it folds under and attaches to the back to prop the NColor in an upright portrait position suitable for reading. Useful for the kitchen table. It protects the NC very well also. Very functional, but i do plan to get the case from Amazon in my photo in previous post.

The local Bookstar (B&N affiliate) had those on display. The only thing I didn't like was that you couldn't adjust the angle, as with the one posted above.

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
This is a pretty cool accessory:

AppleiPad-600px.jpg

They show it with the iPad in this picture, but it looks like it works with any handheld device.

I love when people use their brains for stuff like this.

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
We got these two cases for our Nooks, which are arriving on Monday.

!CFywfcwBmk~$(KGrHqQOKjoE0bpp9RZjBNWK!fEvBw~~0_3.JPG
nookcolorpurpleopen.jpg

I think mine might be going back (the green one). I like how the purple one surrounds the entire Nook, as opposed to just grabbing it on the corners. Also, the purple one has holes in the back over the speaker, although if I were to listen to media playing I assume it would be through headphones. I'm going to wait until I actually have the NC in hand to make up my mind. Does anyone have either of these?

I bought this one:

82397421.JPG

But I like the one you linked instead. I like the option of having different viewing angles. With the one I got, You have two options, landscape and portrait.

Both the green one and the other one I bought are going back. I got this one:

41%2BcZ2Gpf6L._AA300_.jpg
41OazvOWpGL._AA300_.jpg

I thought it was the leather version of the "veggie" one linked above. I guess I didn't look too closely before I ordered. This one is a keeper, though. It only has one position in landscape mode, but there are several options for portrait mode.

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
We got these two cases for our Nooks, which are arriving on Monday.

!CFywfcwBmk~$(KGrHqQOKjoE0bpp9RZjBNWK!fEvBw~~0_3.JPG
nookcolorpurpleopen.jpg

I think mine might be going back (the green one). I like how the purple one surrounds the entire Nook, as opposed to just grabbing it on the corners. Also, the purple one has holes in the back over the speaker, although if I were to listen to media playing I assume it would be through headphones. I'm going to wait until I actually have the NC in hand to make up my mind. Does anyone have either of these?

did you get it at Amazon or ebay? I need to order one also. Veggie is ok for me too. Thanks.

Amazon. The ink is in my post.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
4499b34a-e796-42b1.jpg
4499b34a-e7f0-74f0.jpg
4499b34a-e80c-888a.jpg

This is the most beautiful holder I'vefound,it''s perfect for holding the nook vertically or horizontally on your desk or by your bed waiting for the alarm widget to wake you up. At B&N,$12.99.
Gloria
Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
One thing to keep in mind when getting a case. I've played around with Honecomb 3.0. It's going to be AWESOME! However, be advised that you are going to use 3.0 in the landscape mode (holding your NookColor sideways), because 3.0 is designed to work that way. It can be used in the portrait position also, but landscape is better, IMO. So, when purchasing a case, you might want to consider something that functions well in the landscape mode like this one at amazon.

Tuff-Luv Tri Axis Veggie Leather

81-x2mg8FRL._AA1500_.jpg

Amazon.com: Tuff-Luv Tri-Axis 'Veggie' Faux Leather Case Cover For Barnes & Noble Nook Color - Black: Electronics
One question about sound.
Since back side is covered, how U can hear anything with this case?

Also, has anyone tried this CARBON FIBER INVISIBLE SHIELD CASE ??

Last edited: