Onda V701 ICS 4.0.3 with Play Store etc.. Walk-Through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
And this will fix the PlayStore problem right ? I cant use it on my V701 because it fails to register my gmail account.
And wich version of the firmware should i choose ? Every model except the V701 seems to be there. Does it work with V702 ? considering it got the same specs.

Hi yes it sorts out the play store, heres the v701 firmware 4.0.3 http://www.inwtablet.com/Downloads/Firmwares/Onda/V701/g12refM708A2SPI_v701_1.5.zip

the only difference between the 701 and 702 is the screen display so theres a good chance it will, i might try it.

eptamtheo

Nov 20, 2012
Hello to everybody. I’m new in this forum.
I just bought an Onda V712 tablet but except the Google accounts problem (I cannot connect to Play store ,to Gmail, Google + etc) I cannot have a Greek Keyboard although I have Greek Language .
My baseband version is 1.41 and Android version 4.03
From your Link I downloaded 2 firmware updates
V712D-V2_v1.5.zip and V712D-V2_v1.5.5.zip
In the 1st there is the file g12refM704A1.zip among others
in the second there is the file “Resource.V712D-V2_v1.5.5.zip” which contains the file “update.zip”
I also downloaded from your link the files: “root.zip” and “gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip”
My questions are:
1. Can I update to 1.55 or only to 1.5?
2. What files will I copy to sd card on each case?
3. The “gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip” and “root.zip” are the same for all tablets ?
4. Do you Know how can I get Greek Keyboard for my input devices?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hello to everybody. I’m new in this forum.
I just bought an Onda V712 tablet but except the Google accounts problem (I cannot connect to Play store ,to Gmail, Google + etc) I cannot have a Greek Keyboard although I have Greek Language .
My baseband version is 1.41 and Android version 4.03
From your Link I downloaded 2 firmware updates
V712D-V2_v1.5.zip and V712D-V2_v1.5.5.zip
In the 1st there is the file g12refM704A1.zip among others
in the second there is the file “Resource.V712D-V2_v1.5.5.zip” which contains the file “update.zip”
I also downloaded from your link the files: “root.zip” and “gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip”
My questions are:
1. Can I update to 1.55 or only to 1.5?
2. What files will I copy to sd card on each case?
3. The “gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip” and “root.zip” are the same for all tablets ?
4. Do you Know how can I get Greek Keyboard for my input devices?

In the 1.5.5.zip put the update.zip file on sdcard along with root.zip and Gapps (yes they work on yours) and follow the walk-through, as for the keyboard it should be ok once setting changed if not try the playstore.

Nov 19, 2012
In the 1.5.5.zip put the update.zip file on sdcard along with root.zip and Gapps (yes they work on yours) and follow the walk-through, as for the keyboard it should be ok once setting changed if not try the playstore.
I have recently opened a new thread here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/onda-tablet-forum/49934-onda-v701-audio-problem.html#post253769
Im experiencing some audio problems when playing video files. Very much appreciated if you could take a look. Do you have the same issue on your tablet ?

eptamtheo

Nov 20, 2012
Thank you iiDiabolusZz very much. Everythink works fine. I have all Google Accounts . I have no Chinese software and I have a tablet as it should be. I don't have the Greek Keyboard in the Android keybord even after I downloaded More Locale 2 App which solve the problem in my HTC phone. Anyway I downloaded an addional Greek keyboard.
Thanks again

kokpin100

Nov 26, 2012
i now just bought a Onda V701 but i cannot download any app or games from playstore. What should i going to do with this?Sorry i am new to it. Can anyone showing me step by step?

Nov 19, 2012
i now just bought a Onda V701 but i cannot download any app or games from playstore. What should i going to do with this?Sorry i am new to it. Can anyone showing me step by step?

I just want to warn you that this fix might mess with ur audio codec to not support AC3 and DTS files correctly. I have tried this on 2 different onda v701s and the same thing happens. I have opened a thread describing this issue: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/onda-tablet-forum/49934-onda-v701-audio-problem.html#post253769

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012

Primator

Nov 29, 2012
When I release the power & home button after the white android is visible, nothing else is shown.
Tried release the buttons in defferent order or both at once, but my V701 does not boot the the Recovery Console.
Normal boot does work.

Any ideas?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
When I release the power & home button after the white android is visible, nothing else is shown.
Tried release the buttons in defferent order or both at once, but my V701 does not boot the the Recovery Console.
Normal boot does work.

Any ideas?

Hi, go here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...e-pre-rooted-su-google-apps-iidiablouszz.html and follow instructions it will work, it doesn't need recovery mode, any problems let me no, when its done will you post back, thanks.

Primator

Nov 29, 2012

1) Hold
home+power buttons untill you see the white droid then release both.
2)The green droid will show along with the progress bar,

Did part 1), but part 2) -the green droid- never shows up on the screen

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Did part 1), but part 2) -the green droid- never shows up on the screen

Shut down tablet, wait a minute to be sure it's completely off, press and hold home button (top far right) for about 3-4 seconds then still holding home button press and hold power button (top far left), then when white droid shows release both.

You must be using the file from the link i gave you before, then if you are still having problems let me no what happens/what firmware your currently on and will you post your questions on the other thread for others to see thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.