Ota update 1.2-4349

fridge011

Mar 19, 2011
Please read before updating. Especially if u use a custom rom (same link as below)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1035983

Has been delivered.

The update notes are:
-Adobe Flash Support in the Browser
-Support for an external Docking station
-Support for USB keyboard and mouse
-Support Weather for international cities
-Support for Spanish and French languages
-Lock screen that optimizes power consumption when idle

Last edited:

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Great. I hope all that tumult at xda doesn't prevent roebeet from updating his ROM(s). :)

-Matt

LMShaw

Mar 25, 2011
I did the update on my stock ROM and now all my apps that I got from the Amazon App Store don't work. A message says I should go to the app store and re-install. Has anyone else had any issues with this?

Fendogz

Feb 3, 2011
I did the update on my stock ROM and now all my apps that I got from the Amazon App Store don't work. A message says I should go to the app store and re-install. Has anyone else had any issues with this?

I was worried for a sec went and checked my apps and there all working. G-Tab seems to be working smoother with this update.

LMShaw

Mar 25, 2011
I don't know why mine aren't working. I unistalled one app and tried re-installing and same problem. Does anyone have any suggestions I what I should do?

fridge011

Mar 19, 2011
I read people having problems with videos not working that are on SD card before update. But ones u put on after work fine. Roebeet is working on vegan tab right now to see if it can be flashed from new 4349. Also u will soft brick if u update with clockwork mod installed, Nvflash first.

fridge011

Mar 19, 2011
Oops. Didn't see you already had the link posted gadget. LSU!

Last edited:

roebeet

Oct 25, 2010
I came here to warn everyone (no partisan politics today, this is too important) -- just keep reading the post on either XDA or Slatedroid, please.

These are the same issues I had with UAT build 3991, so be VERY careful. I started using the term "1.1-based" and "1.2-based" a month ago and now that's official. They don't play nice between each other unless you flash a specific way. And clockworkmod is NOT the way to do it.

Last edited:

fridge011

Mar 19, 2011
Thanks roebeet. Lmshaw check out your date and clock settings. They might have been reset and causing the problem

LMShaw

Mar 25, 2011
Fridge- I checked my date and time but it was all good. I'm thinking something didn't take right when the update went through since others are having no problem and newly downloaded apps from Amazon seem to be working...its just the ones from before the update. I've uninstalled apps and tried reinstalling them but that doesn't work either. I was just now looking into doing an nvflash, get it back to "out of the box" and do the OTA's again. What do you think? Would the stock Factory Reset be an option before nvflash?

raskell

Apr 15, 2011
I was having the android.process.acore FC looping issue on my G Tab and ended up fully wiping everything out, installing Clockwork then reflashing an older OEM ROM. After getting rid of the FC loop, I needed to re-root, apply the market fix and restore all of my apps. Of course applying the stock ROM also gets rid of CW so I re applied that as well. When the OTA update showed up coincidently the same day, I let it apply and it failed beacuse I had CW in the Recovery. I re-applied the OEM ROM which re-wrote the factory recovery and re-ran the OTA update. ( no brick, just a hang in recovery) Had to re-root (again) and re-apply the market fixes and all of my apps. Total process was a pain in the *** but worth it in the end. Now if we can just get an official Gingerbread ???

LMShaw

Mar 25, 2011
Fridge- I did a cache wipe and that did nothing but then I did the factory reset and it stayed at 4349. I set it up and and started installing my previous Amazon apps (3 so far) and all seem to be working. It will take me some time to reload everything but that's okay...I've got a working G-Tablet again. Thank you so much for your help. I saw you also posted my situation on xda dev. website...you went beyond the call. Thanks again.