Patch online today for wifi connect issue

kierandill

Feb 8, 2011
Yeah there is. Go download, Tablet, Iconia Tab, A500, select Android 3.1 Honeycomb in pulldown, select Patch tab. There is a patch zipfile to download with an instruction PDF in it on how to put the update.zip on your microSD card and the releases to which it applies. Came out 7/19.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Nope, not what I'm seeing.
There's nothing listed under patches.
Under OS there is a zip file that contains a one page pdf which doesn't give any locations where you can download it or any instructions on how to do so. All it talks about is what is in the update and what version numbers to expect but it is already obsolete info.

Wall

Jul 8, 2011
I don't see anything posted under Patch either. There is something under OS though. Can anyone tell me what that is?? Was it OTA??

jasper994

Jul 14, 2011
Nope, not what I'm seeing.
There's nothing listed under patches.
Under OS there is a zip file that contains a one page pdf which doesn't give any locations where you can download it or any instructions on how to do so. All it talks about is what is in the update and what version numbers to expect but it is already obsolete info.

It's there, but doesn't do me a lot of good since downloading it to the tab doesn't seem to work and it just reports cannot open file. Anyone able to unzip this and install directly on tab?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
So you still insist you can see a file under patches?
Nobody else can see any files under patches.

mmanea2002

Nov 16, 2010
Yes, there is a file named Patch_Acer_1.0_A31H_A.zip and contains a description how to apply it and the update.zip file and also in the download section is the kernel source code (who cares for it )

Haggis70

Jul 5, 2011
I'm in Canada, but I changed the support site to Netherlands (at the bottom of the web page; I took a guess at the country). If you do this, you can see see the patch download. Make sure you change the OS pulldown to Honeycomb 3.1.

*Edit: Actually it is there for Canada as well. I was originally on the US site, which doesn't seem to have it.

Last edited:

rdefranx

Jul 20, 2011
I just installed it and when rebooted it got the internet. I was taking it before the patch but I think it gets one more bar. The instructions have something that I don't understand at the last step: "After installing the update, you are advised to update your tablet’s operating system to:Acer_A500_4.010.10_COM_GEN2"

the build stay the same and I search for update and it is already the last version. I will post any change. Thanks for this.

I see the patch if Honeycomb 3.1 is selected in the dropdown.

jasper994

Jul 14, 2011
I just downloaded the patch and tried to install it. Sadly 95% battery isn't 100% battery... Guess I'll have to wait until I get home, charge, then install.

Oh well, the patch is available Icebike, you just have to switch to 3.1 updates instead of the defaulted 3.0. Didn't mention it because I figured someone of your intelligence would have figured that out...

androidnewb

Jun 22, 2011
I just downloaded the patch and tried to install it. Sadly 95% battery isn't 100% battery... Guess I'll have to wait until I get home, charge, then install.

Oh well, the patch is available Icebike, you just have to switch to 3.1 updates instead of the defaulted 3.0. Didn't mention it because I figured someone of your intelligence would have figured that out...

Dang, that's messed up to say.