Patch online today for wifi connect issue

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Thanks. The "soft" reset used to work, but it doesn't now. In fact, I did a factory reset and it still looped. The router reset has worked a few times and I hope it continues to work so I can at least use the device on occasion. All in all, my device seems to be more buggy than mos

Wait, wait, wait...

If resetting your router fixes your tablet that should be the first clue that the problem is NOT in the tablet, but rather in the router.

I had a router like that for a while. Once an evening someone had to get up go into the other room and reset it.
After double checking all the computers in the house, the iphones, the Nexus One, we found it was the stinking router.!!! GRRRRRR.
$150 Netgear top of the line router . POJ.

Replaced it with a twenty five dollar router (Yes, $25, and I over paid even at that price) which only did 802.11G and everything is fine. Rock solid.

So If you want to pursue it, tell us about your router, and the type of security in use, etc.

Do not mess with a lame router. These things can be had for 14 bucks, so don't waste your time.

The internet is no where near G speed for most people, so paying for an N router is a waste of money.

Shell558

Jul 20, 2011
It is a netgear n router. We run at 18-22 mps. All of my other devices work just fine with it...iphone, laptop, gaming consoles, and bluray players...i have an old router, so it is worth trying. Maybe this device just doesn't work well with this router...?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Probably same router I had. Still have the damn thing. I got mine when they first came out, and even updated the firmware on it. Maybe later models are better but it soured me on Netgear.

The router should't need to be reset to get something to work.

But ours would stop connecting to our phones or lap tops after a while. Those that had already received their IP would continue to run till the lease expired. But the DHCP server would stop sending leases to things that connected and disconnected frequently. (Setting our Andorid / iphone devises to WIFI disconnect = Never helped, but only a little).

After a while it would simply not service any connecting device and had to be reset, always inconviencing someone who was working just fine. I suspected it was some anti-hacking stuff built into the router. I was never able to get a convincing answer from Netgear.

Others suggested it was the fact that the router would answer a request on A/B/G and then switch to N, and in such a way that the remote device could never get a good connection, so it would try again, hence the loop.

Also remember that Acer only does 802.11N in the 2.4 GHZ band. If your router doesn't support that the N always fails, and it drops back and starts over.

Last edited:

Shell558

Jul 20, 2011
You are convincing me to grab my old router when I have some extra time. I will post if this fixes the problem. Thank you for taking the time to help!

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum