[REQ][RECOVERY] Recovery Image for MID 7,8,1024

pimentell

Apr 17, 2011
Ok so only 2 files were corrupt...they were the zimage files which I got from the other firmware 8024. Loaded it on the external SD and turned on the tablet...BAM! It WORKED! No more brick.

So I am sharing

mid_1024n_2011_05_24.rar

That is for MID1024...it worked for me!

Mine don´t work with this :( It´s totally bricked (don´t power on, only lights). I need reflash Samsung NAND on board...

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Mine don´t work with this :( It´s totally bricked (don´t power on, only lights). I need reflash Samsung NAND on board...

Try the official file, they fixed it. Unzip the file to your external SD, restart tablet holding the home button (silver disc). It will shutdown when it's done, so wait until turns off (I think it takes less around 10min to end). Good luck. ;)

Sep 17, 2011
Ok so as I am reading this, how do you update the internal micro sd with a larger one and replace the original data onto the new card? Can you pull the existing "working" sd card out, put a blank one back and run the restore and does it format, repartition and reinstall the original image from the nand chip?

pimentell

Apr 17, 2011
Try the official file, they fixed it. Unzip the file to your external SD, restart tablet holding the home button (silver disc). It will shutdown when it's done, so wait until turns off (I think it takes less around 10min to end). Good luck. ;)

No chance. The tablet 1024 only remain powered if i hold the power button. If i release the button, the tablet power down. Same occurs with Power button + back silver button. The tablet power down automatically when i press and hold these buttons for 10 secs. :(

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Ok so as I am reading this, how do you update the internal micro sd with a larger one and replace the original data onto the new card? Can you pull the existing "working" sd card out, put a blank one back and run the restore and does it format, repartition and reinstall the original image from the nand chip?

not exactly when you press the home plus power button it looks for utscript-sd or ut-script and that gives it instructions to look for recovery image if it doesn't find it it just turns off. If it finds the recovery.img then it flashes the nand with the boot,system,kernal and libs not necassarily in that order.
So follow MarioGc guide which you download unzip once and then unzip the second file and you should have a .rtf file which you can open in notepad or writepad and use those instructions to replace your sdcard either as an update or a spare

Last edited:

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
go to Tablet Droid ive sucessfully found and extracted files from uberoid which boot autmatically rdited them and put in MID RECOVERY in aka MID CWM so after you install package power off device then hold power button and keep tappingon big circle button till it says MID WM POWERED BY ANDROID then your done.
you should post this in a new thread so people like Flxrms Ifom SpillB Wicced247 and others who have the ability to create new roms can make this usuable

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
No chance. The tablet 1024 only remain powered if i hold the power button. If i release the button, the tablet power down. Same occurs with Power button + back silver button. The tablet power down automatically when i press and hold these buttons for 10 secs. :(

If you keep power pressed for a long time, than it will turn off (like a PC). If you can't see what's on screen, try using HDMI or simply release the buttons when the unit powers on. The process is automatic, you don't have to do anything if the correct files are in the external SD card.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011

Correct. If the card is bigger than 4GB you may need to do it again without the external SD card so the internal SD is partitioned correctly. That's how people were able to upgrade the internal SD.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
go to Tablet Droid ive sucessfully found and extracted files from uberoid which boot autmatically rdited them and put in MID RECOVERY in aka MID CWM so after you install package power off device then hold power button and keep tappingon big circle button till it says MID WM POWERED BY ANDROID then your done.

Ive seen your blog. Your sharing an exe file which is just 103kb?

Your kinda promising something imposible.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I think it is for WM8650 tablets... Dunno if it will work with 7024 as it uses a Samsung chip/board.

pimentell

Apr 17, 2011
If you keep power pressed for a long time, than it will turn off (like a PC). If you can't see what's on screen, try using HDMI or simply release the buttons when the unit powers on. The process is automatic, you don't have to do anything if the correct files are in the external SD card.

Yes, i do that. If i press the button and then release it, the unit power down too...

Sep 17, 2011
Correct. If the card is bigger than 4GB you may need to do it again without the external SD card so the internal SD is partitioned correctly. That's how people were able to upgrade the internal SD.

I have been told that the 7022 does not have a removable internal SDcard can someone pop their unit open and confirm this?

mnhollandplum

Oct 9, 2011
I have a Coby Kyros 8125. I used a youtube tutorial to download the android market without rooting. It worked for a day and then all of the sudden it will not turn on or off. It goes to the "Coby" screen, flashes black and then goes back to the "Coby" screen. I have tried the hard reset button and the factory reset and all I get is the ! inside a triangle nest to an android figure. A friend suggested I download the image sd internal usb image tool to my sd card and try resetting/factory resetting it again but it still has not worked....please help!!! I am semi-tech savvy but detailed instructions would be helpful. Thanks!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I have a Coby Kyros 8125. I used a youtube tutorial to download the android market without rooting. It worked for a day and then all of the sudden it will not turn on or off. It goes to the "Coby" screen, flashes black and then goes back to the "Coby" screen. I have tried the hard reset button and the factory reset and all I get is the ! inside a triangle nest to an android figure. A friend suggested I download the image sd internal usb image tool to my sd card and try resetting/factory resetting it again but it still has not worked....please help!!! I am semi-tech savvy but detailed instructions would be helpful. Thanks!

I think you will have to look at some other thread or start a new one, because 8125 has different internals than the x024 series (different processor, etc). It's more like the 7022 but with a resistive screen. Try threads about 7022.