[ROM] AOSP/CM Jelly Bean 4.2.2 for a2109

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
And here is AOSP-4.2.2, with fully working camera, GPS, bluetooth (except receiving files, I think), audio, video, EGL, USB-OTG, WiFi, and sdcard.

aosp-4.2.2-20150411-full_kai-ota-eng.pj.zip
(md5sum: 2704cd29119265994d0a149a40866522 )

Watch out, when you install, that you follow cwm's advice to disable recovery flash, or your cwm will be overwritten with stock recovery.

If you want, you can add the Google apps that go with Android-4.2.2 (dated 20130812), which you can also flash from cwm recovery.

This was built using Cyanogenmod's framework/av and framework/native to make the camera HAL load. There's one last thing I'd like to try to do, and that is to identify those patches that make the camera HAL load, and go to aosp framework/av and framework/native. Suggestions, as always, are more than welcome!

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
And here is AOSP-4.2.2, with fully working camera, GPS, bluetooth (except receiving files, I think), audio, video, EGL, USB-OTG, WiFi, and sdcard.

aosp-4.2.2-20150411-full_kai-ota-eng.pj.zip
(md5sum: 2704cd29119265994d0a149a40866522 )

Watch out, when you install, that you follow cwm's advice to disable recovery flash, or your cwm will be overwritten with stock recovery.

If you want, you can add the Google apps that go with Android-4.2.2 (dated 20130812), which you can also flash from cwm recovery.

This was built using Cyanogenmod's framework/av and framework/native to make the camera HAL load. There's one last thing I'd like to try to do, and that is to identify those patches that make the camera HAL load, and go to aosp framework/av and framework/native. Suggestions, as always, are more than welcome!
Thank you so much for those great roms, they are pretty awesome!
I just wonder if you could make a compatible overclocked kernel for those roms, please?
And I miss Rom control in ASOP rom( So I can move navigation bar to the left side and also get tablet mode)
Thank you!

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
Thanks for these roms.

I install the AOSP rom but my A2109 did see a SD card but say that it is not formated. When I try to format, the tablet reboot.

Can you help me?

tasinofan

Jan 13, 2013
Thanks for these roms.

I install the AOSP rom but my A2109 did see a SD card but say that it is not formated. When I try to format, the tablet reboot.

Can you help me?

What filesystem is on that SD card 1st partition?
Perhaps try to backup/reformat/restore it on a computer.

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Thank you so much for those great roms, they are pretty awesome!
I just wonder if you could make a compatible overclocked kernel for those roms, please?
And I miss Rom control in ASOP rom( So I can move navigation bar to the left side and also get tablet mode)
Thank you!

Hmmm, well, I actually try to build AOSP as unchanged as possible. The more I add, the more difficult it will be to port it all to 4.3. Also, I don't know how I can use the kernel to overclock the device, nor do I think that would be such a good idea. And I don't even know what Rom control is :rolleyes: Perhaps it is in another ROM? Perhaps Cyanogenmod? I think @DBlake wants to try to build Slimbean, based on my device tree, but I don't know whether he already got the build going (took me a long time, to be sure). But the sources are all online on my github, so please go ahead if you want to take a shot at rom control and overclocking (kernel source) yourself!

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Thanks for these roms.

Can you help me?

I only tested sdcard once but it seems to work. I think @tasinofan is using it too? I think his question about the first partition filesystem indeed should be the first to look at.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Sorry, I forgot one of the most important steps in the mini-guide. I edited the post above to fix it. Perhaps PM me if you find more mistakes?

@DBlake, any luck yet getting the build going?

The way I see it--Cyanogenmod probably is the easiest way to move towards later versions of android, but after that, the more choice in roms the better. (And I want AOSP most of all :).)

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
Thank you, I see[emoji4] ,

The Rom control is the customization menu within the setting menu.

Small issue about WiFi direct which doesn't work probably. I tried to connect the tablet with Galaxy S4 but with no success, (CM 10.1_20150331)any idea?
Best regards,

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Thank you, I see[emoji4] ,

The Rom control is the customization menu within the setting menu.

Small issue about WiFi direct which doesn't work probably. I tried to connect the tablet with Galaxy S4 but with no success, (CM 10.1_20150331)any idea?
Best regards,

Unfortunately, no. Haven't tried either, by the way. And I also just found out that the hardware button to lock screen rotation doesn't work either. And I didn't test HDMI out. I don't plan to work on these problems now. However, I'd always be interested in receiving logs, only for trying to establishing the connection (and nothing more, straight after boot, so that both logs are fully comparable), from stock and aosp-4.2.2. If you (or someone else) could provide me (and all others here) with such logs, we might find a fix together.

I also found some other issues that I did fix, and I will put a new version online, in a couple of days: /system gets mounted rw instead of ro, and adb is started at boot, which shouldn't be the case for a production build.

If any one else finds an issue or problem--let me know! I'm aware that I didn't preroot this build, sorry for that, still not decided myself.

Last edited:

johan111

Jul 7, 2014
Hi all,
I have tried to install both aosp and cm through the recovery you provide in this thread but it results in a distorted screen (a mosaic of pixels) after Lenovo boot screen and nothing else happened. Has anyone had the same problem? How long should I wait for system boot?

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Hi all,
I have tried to install both aosp and cm through the recovery you provide in this thread but it results in a distorted screen (a mosaic of pixels) after Lenovo boot screen and nothing else happened. Has anyone had the same problem? How long should I wait for system boot?
Hmm, that's not good. Perhaps something in cache or data making trouble? I don't know what should work why, but I do know that doing a factory reset from cwm prior to install should fix problems like these. Alternatively, first try to format cache and erase dalvik cache, then install again. Hope this helps, and good luck!

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
Hi all,

I install the AOSP without any problem on my A2109. I had, in recovery, clear the cache and erased dalvik cache before installing.

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
Thanks for these roms.

Can you help me?

Thank you all for the info. I found that my SD card was formated NTFS. I reformated it in Fat32 and now all is working well.

johan111

Jul 7, 2014
I did factory reset, cleared dalvik cache but the effect is the same - distorted screen. What I also found is the message appearing while booting into recovery, it says "Warning: no file_contexts". Any ideas? I downloaded your CWM again and flashed it but it didn't help. I use fastboot from LeTools, hope it is correct.

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
Hmmm, well, I actually try to build AOSP as unchanged as possible. The more I add, the more difficult it will be to port it all to 4.3. Also, I don't know how I can use the kernel to overclock the device, nor do I think that would be such a good idea. And I don't even know what Rom control is :rolleyes: Perhaps it is in another ROM? Perhaps Cyanogenmod? I think @DBlake wants to try to build Slimbean, based on my device tree, but I don't know whether he already got the build going (took me a long time, to be sure). But the sources are all online on my github, so please go ahead if you want to take a shot at rom control and overclocking (kernel source) yourself!
I gave up on trying to get Slimbeans to work. Far too many errors for me. I'm no android Dev. Also if you want an OC kernel, talk to Vampirefo. He has his own build scripts for OCs and building the kernel with them.