[ROM][April 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.2 <<< | CM7.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

filet

Mar 4, 2011
phiremod nook V5.1 << OC Kernel | CM7 v21 Base

Awesome Rom, Youtube app works on this once you install adobe 10.2 from the google market. =)

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011

Awesome Rom, Youtube app works on this once you install adobe 10.2 from the google market. =)

Didn't work for me... List your exact steps after flashing?

NattyBee

Feb 13, 2011

hmm...market does nothing for me...just bounces me back to the homescreen...

in fact, I can not use it to log in or anything... I'll try rebooting...

**edit** rebooted...now I have no market...well, i'll have to mess with it tomorrow, gotta get goin :p

Last edited:

filet

Mar 4, 2011
Didn't work for me... List your exact steps after flashing?

i had titanium backup everything.

I update from 5.0, to 5.1, just wipe out the system and (didn't format data), then updated from sd card.

Uninstalled previous flash 10.1 with titanium

went to the market downloaded adobe flash 10.2 and youtube app.

and it worked. =)

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
hmm...market does nothing for me...just bounces me back to the homescreen...

in fact, I can not use it to log in or anything... I'll try rebooting...

**edit** rebooted...now I have no market...well, i'll have to mess with it tomorrow, gotta get goin :p

I had this after one of my CM7 updates, go into Manage Apps, and Market and clear cache and data. That should fix it up.

delosh

Mar 18, 2011
FYI, I'm running Phiremod v5 and finally got around to trying out bluetooth using my Think Outside keyboard. Success, all is working!

When I first turned on bluetooth in the Settings menu of my Nook, I initially got a greyed-out "turning on" message, but bluetooth wasn't successfully turned on (i.e., the button didn't turn green, indicating that bluetooth had successfully been activated). Then, following the instructions I've read online for the bluetooth-enabled versions of CM7, I rebooted, went back to the Settings menu and turned on bluetooth again. This time, after the reboot, it took, with the button turning green.

I then followed the instructions I have for linking the Think Outside keyboard to my Droid X and it worked like a charm, no issues whatsoever.

As others have reported, there is limited range. For me it's about one foot. But within that one foot, which is how you'd likely use an external keyboard anyway, the set-up works great.

Last edited:

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Another happy 5.1 user :)
BT is turning on and finally UT from UT app! :)
Only Hardware Accelerating is missing now. ;)

Update on BT.
Have problem with connecting both my Holux GPS receiver and my Nokia 5800, although both devices are paired.
From Nokia I try to send a photo, NOOK gives message about transmission, file is starting to transmit but it stucks at beginning.Then I get message sending failed.Also in NOOK I get both devices are paired but not connected.Is this right?

Last edited:

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
i had titanium backup everything.

I update from 5.0, to 5.1, just wipe out the system and (didn't format data), then updated from sd card.

Uninstalled previous flash 10.1 with titanium

went to the market downloaded adobe flash 10.2 and youtube app.

and it worked. =)

I tried to just update flash 10.1 to 10.2, did not work for flash sites. Then uninstalled from Applications > Manage applications > Adobe Flash Player 10.2 - uninstall.

Went back to Market and reinstalled it. Also add YouTube. Now flash sites and YouTube work.

I read somewhere in version 5 that if you rebooted you needed to uninstall and reinstall flash. I guess when I updated from v5 to v5.1 the reboot caused this problem. Over at xda forums phiredrop says you can overrite without any wipes when you come from v5. That is what I did.

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
Another happy 5.1 user :)
BT is turning on and finally UT from UT app! :)
Only Hardware Accelerating is missing now. ;)

Update on BT.
Have problem with connecting both my Holux GPS receiver and my Nokia 5800, although both devices are paired.
From Nokia I try to send a photo, NOOK gives message about transmission, file is starting to transmit but it stucks at beginning.Then I get message sending failed.Also in NOOK I get both devices are paired but not connected.Is this right?

I have tried in the sd card of cm7 and in this version to connect various devices. The two that I had success with were my Sony-BT21G head set (13 inches or less), and Apple Silver Keyboard. Sony-BT21G says "Paired but not connected". I turn on the Sony, press the Sony-BT21G item, select "Connect" and then the item says "Connected to media audio" and works. It is my friend's silver BT Apple keyboard and he took back. Had to type "1234" in nook and then press "1234" to pair and make work.

When I turn off the Sony, it pauses the music, and returns the message to "Paired but not connected".

No success with Apple BT White Keyboard, Apple 3G phone.

filet

Mar 4, 2011
does anyone know why v5.1 kernel is only overclockable to 925mhz, and the previous version 5.0 was overclockable to 1100mhz?

Is it due to stability issue?

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
does anyone know why v5.1 kernel is only overclockable to 925mhz, and the previous version 5.0 was overclockable to 1100mhz?

Is it due to stability issue?
Reflash the OC kernel from CWM.Like when U flashed it first time.
It happened the same with me and now after reflashing I am back at 1.1.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
About BT, I guess its a problem of readings.NC says about NOKIA that its paired and not connected, even when the file transmitted from mobile to NC.
But then how do I know that NC is connected with my GPS receiver??

filet

Mar 4, 2011
Reflash the OC kernel from CWM.Like when U flashed it first time.
It happened the same with me and now after reflashing I am back at 1.1.

If its possible, can you give me a few pointers how to do this?

Where do I download the 1.1 of kernel zip file?

Do I just go into cwm and update to zip once I download the oc kernel file?

Thanks

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
If its possible, can you give me a few pointers how to do this?

Where do I download the 1.1 of kernel zip file?

Do I just go into cwm and update to zip once I download the oc kernel file?

Thanks
Of course my friend. :)
U take this kernel and U just drop it in the card U have made for flashing the rom.We dont care for other files that are inside.U gonna flash anyway only the kernel.
Shut down your NC, put inside the flash card and boot.When U r inside CWM just select flash from zip, select the OC zip and after install U r done.
Unmount this card, put your normal card inside and reboot.Then from inside Android, go to Perfomance settings and just select the speed U need (for example 1.100mhz).

Status
Not open for further replies.