[ROM] [Coby MID1042] Alien Droid (Advanced GUI customization) [11.18.12]

bmcl1993

Nov 27, 2012
My understanding is that the .8 in mid1042.8 means it is 8 gb so this ROM should work with it. And yes the stock firmware installs just like this ROM. It will revert it back to normal but it comes with Gapps. But I also recomend you make a backup in cwm recovery just in case.

Thanks... but to make the backup I need linux right?
And I don't have it :s
One more thing, the stock firmware have google play???

Last edited:

powerpoint45

Sep 9, 2012
bmcl1993 said:
Thanks... but to make the backup I need linux right?
And I don't have it :s
One more thing, the stock firmware have google play???

You need to install CWM recovery anyway. In CWM you make a backup not Linux...Do you have CWM installed? And yes the stock firmware zip has Google Play included.

Last edited:

bmcl1993

Nov 27, 2012
I need my tablet connected on pc to instal the rom? I can't just put the rom on sdcard, reboot, and instal the rom?

dbeauch

Dec 12, 2011
Hmm that is weird.Well I might have found out the WIFI. Problem but also for now you can click on alien shop app then click "turn wifi on" to boost connection. In the next update I should have it fixed.I will probably have an update by next Sunday. Here is Google maps apk http://db.tt/yS6GehO0

That is fantastic, thanks so much. This tablet was almost unusable before I flashed your ROM. You're a lifesaver! Looking forward to seeing what the future brings with this ROM!

powerpoint45

Sep 9, 2012
bmcl1993 said:
I need my tablet connected on pc to instal the rom? I can't just put the rom on sdcard, reboot, and instal the rom?

You need CWM ( clockwork Mod recovery ) installed onto your tablet.If you already have it installed then you can reboot into recovery and install the ROM

dbeauch

Dec 12, 2011
Hmm that is weird.Well I might have found out the WIFI. Problem but also for now you can click on alien shop app then click "turn wifi on" to boost connection. In the next update I should have it fixed.I will probably have an update by next Sunday. Here is Google maps apk http://db.tt/yS6GehO0

i dont have a turn wifi on option in alien shop...

powerpoint45

Sep 9, 2012
bmcl1993 said:
How is the program how you use to change the rom in your tablet?
you have the right drivers?

I am not a Windows user so I can not help with your driver problem, but If you get Linux up then I can help you.