[ROM] Custom ROM for Coby Kyros 8042 - Rooted, Google Apps, Google Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

dymedog

May 29, 2012
I've followed the above steps to a T and am still not getting any result: I'm using a Coby Kyros MID8042-4 and a Dell Latitude D600 with a Pentium M processor at 1.6GHz with 1.0Gb of RAM with Windows XP professional

Someone help me cause i seem to be hitting the provebal wall with this.
Make sure you install the drivers. if you look in the folder livesuit is in there will be 3 different driver files. you want tne x86 one. after drivers install open livesuite and follow from there. good luck.

currinbrandon

Jun 29, 2012
the file that it says to download does not have said Drivers in it,but the one from the MID7042/9742??? forum does,I tried that and even followed thoses steps except replacing the ROM with my version and i get no pop up to wipe/erase data or anything..and the only sound i hear is as soon as i connect the USB cord to the tablet,before i even touch the power key.

dymedog

May 29, 2012
is the tablet powered off before you connect it? also it cant be plugged into the wall. i know there is a driver folder but the file to run is in with the livesuit file. its named x86 something- no access to pc right now. hope that helps.

currinbrandon

Jun 29, 2012
Yes tablet is completly off,not in standby mode, no power cord attached and even in the main folder there is no X86 file anywhere

dymedog

May 29, 2012
Yes tablet is completly off,not in standby mode, no power cord attached and even in the main folder there is no X86 file anywhere
hold just the power button down for ahwile until it boots up then power off and try again. i think after a failed attemptyou have to do that.

currinbrandon

Jun 29, 2012
I've power cycled the tablet,rebooted my laptop and even pressed the reset button,but still nothing..What exact sound should i be hearing anyway,if this does work ou right.

dymedog

May 29, 2012
I've power cycled the tablet,rebooted my laptop and even pressed the reset button,but still nothing..What exact sound should i be hearing anyway,if this does work ou right.
when you are holding vol + and first plug usb there should be no sound. after continueing to hold vol + and pressing power 6 times it should make the same noise as when you attack any new usb device (keyboard, mouse, printer)

currinbrandon

Jun 29, 2012
Thats the sound I hear "The new device attached sound" just as soon as i plug in the tablet,what is the cwm route,is there a FAQ/WIKKI/walkthrough

currinbrandon

Jun 29, 2012
UPDATE: i got it to work and flash,loving this tablet so much,but im limited by the tablet the PLAY STORE thinks it is is there a way to change this?(sorry if this has been asked or posted already)

beeman21

Sep 5, 2011
please i am running windows 7 x64. i am not able to do this. this may be because i do not have the driver for my tablet. when i go to device manager it shows android with a yellow sign. how can i get the driver and install it. I RUN WINDOWS 7 X64

MikeLee

Jul 5, 2012
Hi.
I tried to follow these steps but Livesuit doesn't finish. it gets stuck in 51%. After that the tablet doesn't work. I tried many times but it does't turn on. I tried the reset button but it seems to be useless. What should I do?

I have Windows 7 32.

Does anybody have the same problem?

Last edited:

beeman21

Sep 5, 2011
i finnally got mine done. after properly installing my drivers using 'DPinst.exe' a program that helps you install any driver by just placing it in the driver folder and running it as an administrator(right click on it and choose run as an administrator) and it will start up and just follow the onscreen guide to automatically install those drivers for u.

FOR WINDOWS 7 (having problems with drivers)
if you are running windows 7 and u need drivers for this. go to this website to download drivers for both 32bit and 64 bit users :

windows 7 64bit- USB Drivers Windows 7 - Vista - 64Bit

windows 7 32bit- USB Drivers Windows 7 - Vista - XP - 32Bit
note: u can use "dpinst.exe to install these drivers.
PROBLEMS WITH LIVESUITE
i recommend you use livesuite v1.0.7
if you are having problems opening it and it gives you an error of "fail" something like that. u need to install its driver. to do that follow these instructions:
1.power of ur kyros tablet
2. hold the volume + button
3. still holding the button connect ur usb cable to the computer(u should hear a noise and should see at your volume control area of your computer something installing. as long as you here a noise move to step 5)
4.still holding pres the power button multiple times.(u should hear a noise and should see at your volume control area of your computer something installing)
5. try opening the livesuit.exe( it should ask for permission and pop right open)
6 disconnect the cable and follow the steps to start flashing.
note:this is not flashing. this is just to help open the program "livesuit.exe".

if ur having problems flashing. it should be your drivers

PROBLEMS (livesuit doesnt move from 0% and remains there for long)
i had these problem and it turned out that my .img file was not properly extracted. (check the size of the image file extracted. it should be about 300mb in size)f it is not that big
then try extracting it once more.

APART FROM THESE THERE SHOULD BE NO FURTHER PROBLEMS. IT SHOULD GO VERY SMOOTHLY BUT MAKE SHURE YOU INSTALL ALL THE DRIVER YOU HAVE (to make it easier i prefer you use "dpinst.exe" . you can google it or search for it on 4 shared. they have for 32bit and 64bit so make sure you get the right one.

I ENJOYING THIS ROM BUT THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT I CANT MOVE APPS TO SD CARD. PLEASE I WOULD NEED HELP ON THAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.