[ROM][Feb. 15 2011] >> phiremod nook BETA 2 << Themed Froyo 2.2.1

conway

Feb 17, 2011
good evening to all,

a virgin forum here,(go easy pls!).

i have a x6d and wanted any info at all about them,

i have no problem with the wi-fi but wanted to connect a dongle(orange network uk), but struggling!.

any pointers?.

conway.

Last edited:

conway

Feb 17, 2011
good evening to all,
hi ive got a x6d and are
trying to use a dongle to connect to intertnet please if you can help-

regards;

conway

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
good evening to all,

a virgin forum here,(go easy pls!).

i have a x6d and wanted any info at all about them,

i have no problem with the wi-fi but wanted to connect a dongle(orange network uk), but struggling!.

any pointers?.

conway.

good evening to all,
hi ive got a x6d and are
trying to use a dongle to connect to intertnet please if you can help-

regards;

conway

Sorry bud, this is the Nook forum, and I don't know anything about the X6D.

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
Got it oclocked.. seems good. App reccomendation... quick settings ..volume...brightness etc in your notification menu. Plus a monstrous flashlight.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Anyone notice that this build - wifi takes a bit longer to reconnect than it did on 2.1?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
So, I took this with Screen Shot It

20110217212841.png

The only thing I don't like, is that no matter how long I set the delay, it always pops up with the superuser announcement right before the shot is taken, so that stupid bar is always in the way.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Well, I am pretty sure the wiping of the caches are unnecessary since the install wipes them itself, and formatting /system is a habit just like wiping the cache. Doesn't hurt really, just making sure the install has a clean slate all around.

True about those running CWR installed not having to do exactly the same in the first few steps. But installing everything from the awesome bootable SD is a habit I am working to form. It allows me to keep my "Data" SD as just that, storage only. And I have one bootable 4gb Sd that has EVERYTHING i need to restore, recover, install, overclock, etc. I like the separation between the two.

ok, more important... how have you dealt with the black text on black background issue?

And has anyone tried a launcher other than ADW yet?

I wasn't disagreeing with wiping cache but to formatting data. I just personally prefer to wipe date instead of formatting. Leads to less problems in my opinion. Some believe in mount/format data is more thorough but I don't like re-writing file structure if you don't have to.

What is this black text issue you guys are talking about? I don't see any and I've been around the rom a good bit. For all black backgrounds I have white text. Am I missing something?

Anyone notice that this build - wifi takes a bit longer to reconnect than it did on 2.1?

Its about perfect on mine, connects in about 2 seconds and seems better than stock or rooted nc on 2.1 No need for my wifi manager or waketimer app.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
What is this black text issue you guys are talking about? I don't see any and I've been around the rom a good bit. For all black backgrounds I have white text. Am I missing something?

Its in the menu buttons...open an app and go into its menu...the text is black and the buttons themselves are REALLY dark gray.

What screenshot app are you use rico?

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
Quick update on how things r going for me. Overclocked to using 1ghz kernel and it is flying. Id like to know if anyone is doing ok at 1.1ghz before I try. I am periodically getting a forced close for task killer skins? I don't actually use a skin on it so im not sure. Right after I got everything setup I had a family thing so can't really play untill tomorrow. Im really looking forward to it though. You guys who help r awesome!

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
Quick update on how things r going for me. Overclocked to using 1ghz kernel and it is flying. Id like to know if anyone is doing ok at 1.1ghz before I try. I am periodically getting a forced close for task killer skins? I don't actually use a skin on it so im not sure. Right after I got everything setup I had a family thing so can't really play untill tomorrow. Im really looking forward to it though. You guys who help r awesome!

Been running for few hrs at 1.1 with no issues.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I too am running @ 1.1Ghz...only force close after everything was setup was when I tried to go into swype settings in keyboards...

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
Anyone able to get flash running? I installed the app but no flash will work in dolphin or stock browser...