[ROM][Feb. 15 2011] >> phiremod nook BETA 2 << Themed Froyo 2.2.1

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
You can try shootme for screen shots worked for me.
snap20110217_230523.png

Thanks! will give it a try

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
So, I took this with Screen Shot It

[...]

The only thing I don't like, is that no matter how long I set the delay, it always pops up with the superuser announcement right before the shot is taken, so that stupid bar is always in the way.
How about default n button + volume down ?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Quick update on how things r going for me. Overclocked to using 1ghz kernel and it is flying. Id like to know if anyone is doing ok at 1.1ghz before I try. I am periodically getting a forced close for task killer skins? I don't actually use a skin on it so im not sure. Right after I got everything setup I had a family thing so can't really play untill tomorrow. Im really looking forward to it though. You guys who help r awesome!

I put 1.1 on right after installing and testing my apps... seems good so far, but I don't think <1hr is a real test either. :)

I too am running @ 1.1Ghz...only force close after everything was setup was when I tried to go into swype settings in keyboards...

Ooh, swype.. I guess that's an option now huh? I don't see it in market though.

Anyone able to get flash running? I installed the app but no flash will work in dolphin or stock browser...

I just went to Market, searched for Flash Player, installed 10.1, and it works everywhere for me... very cool.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I wasn't disagreeing with wiping cache but to formatting data. I just personally prefer to wipe date instead of formatting. Leads to less problems in my opinion. Some believe in mount/format data is more thorough but I don't like re-writing file structure if you don't have to.

What is this black text issue you guys are talking about? I don't see any and I've been around the rom a good bit. For all black backgrounds I have white text. Am I missing something?

Its about perfect on mine, connects in about 2 seconds and seems better than stock or rooted nc on 2.1 No need for my wifi manager or waketimer app.
I know you weren't talking about the cache, but I mentioned that in association with the formatting... kind of a 'better safe (thorough) than sorry' approach I guess. I don't think I realized there was an option to 'wipe' /data rather than format it.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Swipe should be on the phiremod website. Needs to be installed with root explorer, although you might need a swipe account/invitation. I haven't tried it though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Anyone able to get flash running? I installed the app but no flash will work in dolphin or stock browser...

Do you have flash enabled in dolphin? As long as u have flash player from market it should work. It takes a while for flash to load on web pages.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
So it sounds like there are no major issues and everybody is comfortable with stability at this point. Any reason not to make the jump now??

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Do you have flash enabled in dolphin? As long as u have flash player from market it should work. It takes a while for flash to load on web pages.

OK I also couldn't get flash to work after flashing the 1ghz froyo kernel. Is anyone else having this problem? I had to restore my backup of phiremod that had the 800 kernel and now flash is working perfectly again. I tried flashing the 800 stock kernel and got a bootloop...ended up having to restore backup. Also it froze a couple times when wiping before retoring backup but eventually worked after a couple force boots into recovery.

sent from my rooted nook color

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
So it sounds like there are no major issues and everybody is comfortable with stability at this point. Any reason not to make the jump now??

Should be ok. Like I said above. I had problem with flash player and 1ghz froyo kernel. Everything works good for me with stock 800 kernel that rom came with. Maybe somebody will report differently on the oc kernel. Do NOT format sdcard in nook after this rom installed, it will cause problems.

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
OK I also couldn't get flash to work after flashing the 1ghz froyo kernel. Is anyone else having this problem? I had to restore my backup of phiremod that had the 800 kernel and now flash is working perfectly again. I tried flashing the 800 stock kernel and got a bootloop...ended up having to restore backup. Also it froze a couple times when wiping before retoring backup but eventually worked after a couple force boots into recovery.

I reinstalled flash 3 times and it just started working. Go figure. I am using the 1ghz kernel.

New problem. Youtube problems. First time wont play video but sound plays and wont shut off, even after killing all apps. If u re-open youtube and select something video now plays but the sound plays over the already playing track. The only way I can kill the sound is to reboot. This also happened to me one time using mvideoplayer to play a movie (haven't tried again). Any thoughts?

Last edited:

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! trying to fix youtube i removed it with titanium apps. I can't get it to restore from the backup i made nor will it install from market, it says incompatible!!

Update... rebooted and was able to install from market. Has not checked to see if it works properly yet.

Update 2.... nope same problems ;(

Last edited: