[Rom][Howto] VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition STABLE RC1 . . The most popular Rom for gTablet

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Try all the others first. If you try flashback first you won't try anything else. Matt, you are getting aggressive with Flashback, ease up bro. I'm sure everyone will get there soon enough. Lol.

Sent from my LG OP V using Tapatalk
Crap, I always forget there are others on this thread! Now be fair...I waited like 10 posts before making the "Flashback" plug. ;)

David, that's great news. When you get a chance post back with your impressions!

-Matt

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Just to make you happy I will flash mine to flashback/honeycomb first. Then go back to ALL the others. LOL

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Wow, you've got more self-control than me. ;) I think I spent 2 minutes (or was it 3?) on a Froyo ROM.

ACTUALLY, I started out with TnT Lite and loved it. But after Bottle of Smoke, and then Flashback, the Froyo and Gingerbread ROMs don't feel as tablet-friendly. They work well, they're just a little goofy looking.

-Matt

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
alright, I'll buy that for a dollar. I recently flashed my phone to IHO/CM7 and love it. I think it would be good for a tab too.
BTW. I sent you a PM. Did you get it?

Last edited:

gravimetric

Jun 9, 2011
I had the Market 3 force close issue. Tried uninstalling updates which would work long enough to install one thing before Market updated itself again and start force closing. Setting the language to English (US) absolutely fixed this. Thank you very much!

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB using Android Tablet Forum

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
Hello Everyone,
As I stated last night..I DID get VEGAn-TAB Gingerbread ROM installed correctly !! YEAH..YEAH..So far my impression of it is fantastic !! Also, like I mentioned previously ( sorry to repeat myself..forgive me I'm getting older ) I also had been trying out the 'BEASTY' ROM, at first I thought I liked it, but then I flashed my gTab back to the stock '4349' image. But in the back of my mind I knew I wanted MORE. So I read a LOT of positive comments about the VEGAn-TAB ROM..the first time I tried flashing it, I guess I was using the incorrect one, ANYWAY..now I'm pretty satisfied with it except one issue. That is the on screen keyboard is certainly different..I'm SO used to just a 'standard' QWERTY style keyboard, the way it is now, I actually have to hunt for the correct characters, which at least for me makes typing more difficult. And that's the ONLY keyboard that's included in this ROM. :( If I can somehow get that corrected, I'll really be satisfied. Thanks for your patience, and for reading my ramblings.
David :)

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Hello Everyone,
As I stated last night..I DID get VEGAn-TAB Gingerbread ROM installed correctly !! YEAH..YEAH..So far my impression of it is fantastic !! Also, like I mentioned previously ( sorry to repeat myself..forgive me I'm getting older ) I also had been trying out the 'BEASTY' ROM, at first I thought I liked it, but then I flashed my gTab back to the stock '4349' image. But in the back of my mind I knew I wanted MORE. So I read a LOT of positive comments about the VEGAn-TAB ROM..the first time I tried flashing it, I guess I was using the incorrect one, ANYWAY..now I'm pretty satisfied with it except one issue. That is the on screen keyboard is certainly different..I'm SO used to just a 'standard' QWERTY style keyboard, the way it is now, I actually have to hunt for the correct characters, which at least for me makes typing more difficult. And that's the ONLY keyboard that's included in this ROM. :( If I can somehow get that corrected, I'll really be satisfied. Thanks for your patience, and for reading my ramblings.
David :)

You can change the keyboard if you wish... I use the SlideIT keyboard on the market. I like it for the "standard keyboard" feel.

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Try this link. It is fun and informative:

xda-developers - Search Results

The subject of the default keyboard that came with this rom has generated more debates than who should be the next president of the United States :). It is a modified version of the Thumb keyboard that is very very popular. Many loved it and many more hated it.

Dave

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
Hello,
Now I'm just waiting to see if a 'update' becomes available that corrects the issue of the android marketplace update that was served up by google, that causes my gTablet to keep receiving a dreaded error message. :(
David

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
Dave,
I check my settings in the keyboard / language area..and make sure it's set to english.
Thanks,
David