[ROM] JellyPad (Jelly Bean for ViewPad 10s)

ottoman

Oct 4, 2012
Legionnaire, Th problem is that I can not install you version with NVFlash.
Because each time it is blackflashing on reboot.

I need to start from moddedstock v1 and then apply cwm update. (Certainly du to bad nand blocks).
Do you have any solution for me ?

ottoman

Oct 4, 2012
Unfortunately I don't provide the CVM version. But from this version will be available OTA (Over-the-air) updates.
Legionnaire,
the problem is that, du to bad nand blocks, I need to start from moddestockV1 and then do CWM.
Without these method, it if blacklight on boot and no more system.

Do you have any solution for me.
I think I'm not alone.

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
Legionnaire,
the problem is that, du to bad nand blocks, I need to start from moddestockV1 and then do CWM.
Without these method, it if blacklight on boot and no more system.

Do you have any solution for me.
I think I'm not alone.
You do not understand the installation process. Cannot use the moddedstock v1 or v2 because the partition size is not the same as in the JellyPad!!! Moddedstock has nothing to do with JellyPad.

Schnubbel71

Oct 1, 2012
WOW , JellyPad 2.0

You are very fast to fix problems Legionnaire , Great
in the Apps i see a "JellyPad Upgrade" :D when this option is working , wow ;) , no more flashing just only JellyPad updating ? Amazing work , it looks great :cool: incredible good work, amazing

I believe in you and will now format my 32GB SDCARD for last time I hope . JellyPad Update is working i hope ;)

Thank you for this hope

:cool:

For people who have problems to install a new rom
I have no problem to install any new rom with nflash
but i learned after a few tryes that it`s necassary to clean the temp folder in your windows , because it could happens when you have installed a nvflash rom bevor ( like VegaBeam or something) that there are files that not will be overwritten when you make a new update
at least I could find in my tryes

Befor you make the Install of the V2.0
Format your SDcard in Fat32 and Ext4 , for example an 16gb Sdcard in a Primary 12GB Fat32 and a Primary 4GB EXT4

The temp Files are in "USER"/AppData/Local/Temp
DELETE ALL FILES IN THE TEMP FOLDER

Right click on " [ROM]_JellyPad_v2.0.exe " and perform it with admin rights.
After Install reboot , maybe second reboot :D

Maybe it was only my problem that there was files from an old version , but I have noticed after cleaning my temp the Instalation was good .

On my second Smartbook i had a little problem , bootloop and the book hangs on the startscreen on second boot , but after the third install it boot now and run ;)

Last edited:

purche

Jan 22, 2012
For people who have problems to install a new rom
Maybe it was only my problem that there was files from an old version , but I have noticed after cleaning my temp the Instalation was good .

I had a similar problem ... only backligjht and nothing happened - at the 3rd try the system comes up - but touchscreen was gone ... even after reflashing with older JellyPad or modded stock ROMS
Firmware update fix this problem

perhaps problem comes from temp folder - i will try this a 4th time

(NEW*) With deleting all files from temp folder and removing some dirs from SD Card Jelly Beam works fine

thanks for tips and this graet ROM - our developers rocks

Last edited:

5H0l3e5

Oct 5, 2012
Hello Legionnaire

I'm so glad that you came back
I'm using JellyPad and it's so cool! but there is a problem:
/system folder is nearly close. I can't install Chanfire 3D & change font because NAND is close
If it open, we can customizing rom fully. so please open it. I don't know how but i know that you can do it. Like ViewComb. In ViewComb we can install Chainfire and change font.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
JellyPad Update is working i hope ;)
JellyPad Update Center working like a charm! Anyone who can access the recovery will be able to update the system over the air, without fear of losing data and will not have to reformat the sdcard.

/system folder is nearly close. I can't install Chanfire 3D & change font because NAND is close
If it open, we can customizing rom fully. so please open it. I don't know how but i know that you can do it. Like ViewComb. In ViewComb we can install Chainfire and change font.
You have to extract system image, unsquash apps, edit what you want and then recompile everything... ofcourse using the linux.

SquashFS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

alex69

Sep 21, 2012
JellyPad Update Center working like a charm! Anyone who can access the recovery will be able to update the system over the air, without fear of losing data and will not have to reformat the sdcard.
You have to extract system image, unsquash apps, edit what you want and then recompile everything... ofcourse using the linux.
SquashFS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry, I think I've lost something.
Now I've 1.3 installed. What is JellyPad Update Center? Must I update to 2.0? How can I use it?
Thank to all can answer me... and thank another time to Legionnaire.

sakaic

Oct 6, 2012
Hi awesome work from you and scanno and the others.

I've been using Vegabean and recently switched to Jellypad 1.3

Do I have to format the Ext4 partition again to upgrade to V2.0?

Thanks

Takaie

Jan 20, 2012
We know very well that the pad is old. And the original system is old.
But this doesn't mean that we have to install not professionally tested systems.

How to issue a rom and then announce that there is a an update will come latter ... Why you issue it without testing it very good .....

You don't have the experience then search for it ....

We will only lose our time and our money if something happened to our machine ...

I will not install any of your systems again even if I have to purchase another pad.

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
Do I have to format the Ext4 partition again to upgrade to V2.0?

Thanks
Never ever reuse existing file systems, format newly!
Only if you update system via JellyPad Update Center you do not need to format partitions.

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
We know very well that the pad is old. And the original system is old.
But this doesn't mean that we have to install not professionally tested systems.

How to issue a rom and then announce that there is a an update will come latter ... Why you issue it without testing it very good .....

You don't have the experience then search for it ....

We will only lose our time and our money if something happened to our machine ...

I will not install any of your systems again even if I have to purchase another pad.
Then what are you doing here????

This is a FREE forum!
My software is FREE!
Nobody forces you to use it.

BTW GTFO!