[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

Ish

Jan 18, 2011
This rom is amazing. Watery should be the stock rom! Thx a bunch!!!!!

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

psadmin

Mar 2, 2011
sound like a lot of people using watery kyros for 7015, i just go my kyros 7015 and new to android, pardon me for asking their are two download link, i know that there is an instruction below it that says "place this file in the root of your sdcard" but your instruction #8 says watery kyros update file, i supposed it's the watery v1.2a, my question is what is the purpose of the watery kyros v1.1?

Thatoneguy

Feb 23, 2011
sound like a lot of people using watery kyros for 7015, i just go my kyros 7015 and new to android, pardon me for asking their are two download link, i know that there is an instruction below it that says "place this file in the root of your sdcard" but your instruction #8 says watery kyros update file, i supposed it's the watery v1.2a, my question is what is the purpose of the watery kyros v1.1?

1.2 has a few glitches, that can be fixed by importing apps from the previous version (1.1)

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Ok I was able to transfer over the browser app and the music app... It didn't work for me... but what I did was rename the 1.2a files to bat and copied over the 1.1 apps to it... So im going to delete the 1's I named bat and see...
@pasdmin first off Welcome to the forum... 2nd being new to Android and new to coby if you are not already doing so It is best to read up on the tablet and topics that are posted on this site ... there is a lot of information here and alot of your questions can and probobly already answered.... The first thing is to root your tablet. after that you will be able to install this zip and enjoy....

benash

Dec 16, 2010
Just go to the Android market and download a different Browser and use that- I use Dolphin Mini and it's working just fine! l_n: best rom yet- much more responsive than all previous versions!! Thanks

jackpotcoyote

Mar 6, 2011
I wonder if it would be possible to add the a2sd they used in 2.1 to this rom .

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Any ideas ? i opened up (unzipped) 1.2a and changed the browser and music app... then I compressed (zipped) the file again to install the zip but it still won't load the zip.... I wipped cach and dalvik ... I did change the phone.app and telephony app to bat... now im doing again but did change them back to apk to see if that was the problem...

Ok so it didnt work ... It does say since i rezipped it the same name as downloaded but added ( a space(2) ) then.zip can this be a problem? anyway i'll try and just zip 1.2a as is again to see what happens

Last edited:

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
Is there anyway to install this rom without losing all your apps that you have? I have the 1.1 and am hesitant to upgrade to 1.2a and have to re-download all my apps again..

HWJ

Dec 30, 2010
This is truly an awesome firmware. Far better then the stock one.
After following the original rooting guide and installing google market place, and all the other garbage, it reduced my tablet to crap speeds.
Thank you for the work you put into this.

A friend of mine has an Archos 5 and would love to get his hands on this custom gui for it.

Is there anyway to install this rom without losing all your apps that you have? I have the 1.1 and am hesitant to upgrade to 1.2a and have to re-download all my apps again..

I applied the update just now and it doesn't delete the apps already installed.

HWJ

Dec 30, 2010
Spoke too soon, ran into a problem with the default browser after the update. Got the following error:

The application Browser (process com.android.browser) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again

I did an upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2a. Factory erase didn't solve the issue. Had to revert back to 1.1 to fix the issue.

Rui_2092

Mar 6, 2011
Which one is the Stable version? Do they work fine? I'm reading the posts and it confuses me. =/

chicle

Jan 30, 2011
Which one is the Stable version? Do they work fine? I'm reading the posts and it confuses me. =/

I'm using V1.2. It's a great improvement over the stock fw. It made my touch screen work much better and smoother. There's a V1.2a out, but I'm not using it. The only change in it is that the music and gallery apps (did not work in 1.2) were replaced with older working versions. Since I don't use either of these apps, I haven't bothered to flash this version.