[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

billquinn1

Dec 16, 2010
/me grumbles about non-standard directory structures.

I swear, the music/gallery sdcard issue is going to drive me insane...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Unfortunately I think this issue is going to cause more and more regressions until you find what causes it. I tinker with it pretty much every night but have not hit on an answer yet. I am thinking about finding a gallery / music from a unit that does not have the /nand part.
\
Bill

brackett7

Feb 25, 2011
unfortunately I was locking up to much and restore back to 1.2a

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Were the lockups random or could they be reliably reproduced? If it's something that can be reproduced, I may be able to find the relevant source to attempt to fix it..

sdmhbax

Feb 25, 2011
Sometimes it would lock up on the desktop without doing anything else and other times it would lock up as soon as I pushed the settings icon

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Sounds like jit issues. On my device, cache wipes fixed the lockups.. I'll see if I can't find some answers when I get home tonight.

eulogy69

Mar 15, 2011
I have went back and forth with the normal firmware and watery 3 times to verify that the Mic problem us only when I'm using watery and I found that with the Facebook apparently it won't show the user pics in chat or on friends list

I just noticed that it also wont load the images from this forums app

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
Sounds like jit issues. On my device, cache wipes fixed the lockups.. I'll see if I can't find some answers when I get home tonight.

Hey,

Yes it is totally just random, NORMAL JIT issues. I am just sitting down to mess with it again and have about an hour. I beleive the Music and other app issues have to do with the ASOP overlay.

Cheers

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
Same here will lockup at boot up. also when trying to install wallpapers. going back to 1.1 it worked the best for me

thanks L_N for the great work you are doing.....

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
The overlay was graciously lifted from asure's cyanogen git repo. I know I'm just missing the common dependency for those apk's.

I'll upload another flashable zip that will disable jit (essentially reverting to 1.2a) later.

jackpotcoyote

Mar 6, 2011
I know a lot of the roms that I tried for my hero that had jit enabled caused some lag and reboot issues. I am wondering if the tablets are experiencing the same thing. It seems like some phones could handle jit and others could not. This whole thing would be so much easier if we had the kernel source.

Stoned99

Dec 8, 2010
had lock up problems with 1.2b, so installed 1.2a, worked really good except that browser crashed on every start. copied browser.apk from 1.2b to 1.2a using root explorer and now working great. thanks for this custom rom. it feels really snappier

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
The overlay was graciously lifted from asure's cyanogen git repo. I know I'm just missing the common dependency for those apk's.

I'll upload another flashable zip that will disable jit (essentially reverting to 1.2a) later.

Hello,

My understanding is that Asure built that repo, it is similiar to Cyanogen but different in it's own rights.

Peace

SCrid2000

Mar 16, 2011
Hey man, wanted to say thanks for this - far as I can find this is the only custom ROM for the kyros that there is (except the cynogenmod port, but it's still too buggy for me).
Got my Kyros on Monday (first android device, I'm actually a pretty hardcore BlackBerry user (don't flame me :D)), been running this since tuesday. Well done.
Installing that patch now :)
PS - you got my first post lol

tatt2edone

Mar 14, 2011
I cannot find the "thank you" button, but a HUGE thanks ou to l_n for the help and nice ROM work....it took a few days and all my knowledge of Android phone rooting/modding to get the Kyros done, but she is a sweet tablet as of now. So....again....THANK YOU!!!!!