[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
I should have time to get an updated version out this week... 1.2a seems to be the most stable, but I did make a couple of mistakes (browser, etc.)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ByerRA

Mar 31, 2011
Thanks, glad to know that I'm not the only one that got that message.

But...

I let the tablet sit for well over two hours and it was still locked up.
(I'm trying to use 1.2b, maybe I'll try 1.1a instead)

dlsc2111

Mar 18, 2011
Was wondering if anyone is using or has tried Amon Ra's Recovery? If so, how did you flash it? Would it be possible to use ROM Manager to do this?

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
Watery_Kyros 1.2b
My first try...
Neat splash image on boot.
A few clicks to get WiFi working but Browser did not have a problem connecting to my web site.
Screen calibrate works fine. Was I missing it earlier or did calibrate always say "Long Click"?
adb install - for my choice of "must have" apps - AndExplorer, andterm, gscript and AngryBirds.
AngryBirds - graphics bug - white box issue - applied patch from xaueious
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-mid7015-graphics-fix-angry-birds-others.html
Angry birds displays are correct now.

I changed lcd_density to 180 and had some issues related to use of space around = in build.prop, would not boot. Power Button + Back got me to ClockWorkMod and easy recovery. Next edit to build.prop worked fine.

I had not used Dock before so that is the first thing I'll need to study up on.

Thanks l_n for the ROM.

pdroza

Mar 30, 2011
Hi, ive used it for a couple of days

It was very unstable, a lot of major slowdowns and total lockdowns of the device
nice finger swinping, though... the best of all 3 ive used. Nice theme and animations, either
but too unstable for me
now using honeycomb v9

Stoned99

Dec 8, 2010
You were using 1.2a right ? 1.2b is known to have lockdown issues

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Tablet Forum

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
Was wondering if anyone is using or has tried Amon Ra's Recovery? If so, how did you flash it? Would it be possible to use ROM Manager to do this?

Hello,

I have not heard of anyone using Ra on any Telechips devices. If you get it working I think there would be several interested in tweaking it. It has always been a better recovery as far as I am concerned.

Cheers

Gibby

Apr 2, 2011
Hello all, new to this but I ended up getting Watery 1.2a installed. I need a little help on getting the browser installed. I pulled the browser from 1.2b and saved it to microSD card then I used AndExplorer to install the browser. The browser works fine untill I reboot then it reverts back to the old browser in 1.2a and I can't use it. What am I doing wrong here?

Stoned99

Dec 8, 2010
Hello all, new to this but I ended up getting Watery 1.2a installed. I need a little help on getting the browser installed. I pulled the browser from 1.2b and saved it to microSD card then I used AndExplorer to install the browser. The browser works fine untill I reboot then it reverts back to the old browser in 1.2a and I can't use it. What am I doing wrong here?

use rootexplorer to change permissions or just install the watery k patch from the recovery

Gibby

Apr 2, 2011
use rootexplorer to change permissions or just install the watery k patch from the recovery

The patch has been installed, but it doesn't include the browser.apk
Is there anyway using AndExplorer to put the browser.apk on and keep it there?

Stoned99

Dec 8, 2010
The patch has been installed, but it doesn't include the browser.apk
Is there anyway using AndExplorer to put the browser.apk on and keep it there?

Nope it won't work since you need read/write access to the system partition.

Btw I thought the browser was included in the patch...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Tablet Forum

eulogy69

Mar 15, 2011
Can you fix the HDMI out the video works but the sound just makes an annoying screeching sound

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

eulogy69

Mar 15, 2011
i found the problem i used lcddensity on stock firmware to change it to 200 insted of 240 so it was like custom firmware when i did that i had all the same problems as i did before so the problem with the hdmi has to do with the screen density

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

isyntax

Apr 6, 2011
Now I'm confused. I'm reading all over the forum.
While my Kyros 7015 is on its way, I'm thinking of what to install.. Stick to the original firmware, or install watery kyros..

I heard from many that Watery Kyros do a lot of things than the original.
What if i'm installing the Watery Kyros to my 7015 right out of the box..?

Do I need to do the coby update?
Or I just root, install clockwork and install Watery Kyros?

I thought reading alot in forums would make it clear, now I'm mixed and I need a final word..

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
just root, clockwork & market. you can try other roms later, make sure you backup & then you can always go back.

i'm running stock, to many compromizes with those roms. i've done most tweaks on my own.

Last edited: