[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
Reboot into clockworkmod recovery and wipe data/factory reset

Sent from my MID7015A using Tapatalk

Thank you again. Sounds much easier than:

"Use androidterm to enter the following commands. Press the Enter key after each line.
su
- mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
- rm /data/data/com.android.vending/databases/*
- reboot

This should rebuild the Android Market databases where it will correctly report what is installed"

--Larry

Thien

Feb 21, 2011
Thank you again. Sounds much easier than:

"Use androidterm to enter the following commands. Press the Enter key after each line.
su
- mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
- rm /data/data/com.android.vending/databases/*
- reboot

This should rebuild the Android Market databases where it will correctly report what is installed"

--Larry

I'm going to try that. Because when I installed Market ...it doesn't show the correct apps that I've installed. MANY THANKS :)

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
Hope it works for you, I just found it, but haven't tried it. --Larry

Sent from my Kyros using Android Tablet Forum App

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
Turns out the forum utility requires Phone.apk even though the Kyros only connects via wifi.

Sent from my MID7015A

Last edited:

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
Is there a way to change the density in the build.prop. to 160 and still keep the custom battery and wifi symbols/icons? I like what you did but can't get them to come up when I edit the build.prop.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
I'll play around with adding the pngs to the mdpi and ldpi directories in the framework later...

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
Another pesky question: I am now seeing an increasing growth of DiskCacheIndex#####.tmp files on the sdcard (where ##### is a number like 15066 - the number seems to grow sequentially) since the installation of Watery v1.0c. They are all 44Bytes in size. I suspect it is either part of the ROM or more likely, something that was formerly stored (hidden somewhere) in internal memory, but now moved to the sdcard for efficiency. Deleting them immediately creates 5 more and then they grow again. Any ideas?

The new ROM certainly appears to be lighter on battery usage and all continues to work well. Just to update: I have been trying to streamline a few more apks by renaming to .bak before removing them (BugReport, Email, Gmail, GmailProvider [these then replaced w/ K9 to handle Gmail, Yahoo & some local accounts all-in-one], HtcCopyright, HTMLViewer, LatinIMETutorial, MediaUploader, PicoTts, SetupWizard, SoundRecdorder, TtsService, & VpnServices). So far so good. Have yet to rewrite the /data/data file to reflect these missing apps.

Thanks,
--Larry

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
Thank you again (say that a lot), those guys don't really seem to know, however. --Larry

Sent from my Kyros 7015 Android tablet

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
Created a couple of sdcard cache files for the market & browser (linked from their former locations in /data/data), but doesn't affect these files. Ended up with 67 of them, deleted all, but they start right up again. Grrrrr! --Larry

Sent from my Kyros 7015 Android tablet.

AirborneDude

Dec 9, 2010
I'll have a look on google about those cache indices...

...and here's the answer from another forum:
DiskCacheIndex Files - Android Forums

L_N, great job. Is there anyone working on a Android 2.3 ROM? You? Reason I ask is because I am willing to pitch in $$ for the team or person who is working on this. I bet there are several 7015MID owners that would give cash to the person who can release a Android 2.2 or 2.3 ROM... Someone could setup a PayPal account and I would donate $20.

Android 2.1 does 90% of what I need, but I need a full working Flash.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
At some point I'm going to resume work on porting the telechips changes to a newer kernel. Right now, though, I'm trying to get this rom better than it is.

So much to do and so little time... So ist es immer zein.

Edit: swype inaccuracies

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
Renamed Gallery3D.apk to .bak, rebooted & deleted those files. Will let you know in a bit.

Another interesting thing: suspect Kyros ,not ROM - wireless only seems to want to connect after turned off and then back on. Will then connect immediately. After boot will scan, scan & fail, but once turned off-on all OK.

--Larry

Sent from my Kyros 7015 Android tablet using the forum app powered by Tapatalk.

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
I'll play around with adding the pngs to the mdpi and ldpi directories in the framework later...

Thanks. I have been enjoying the tablet a lot more since switching to this rom....your hard work is appreciated!