[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

booda3000

Feb 22, 2011
@ l_n
Thanks so very much for allowing us to benefit from your hard work!
You have given the Coby Kyros 7015 hope.
MID 7015 owners are lucky to have you.
Please keep up the great work.

Where's the donate link?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Support koush or teamblackhat if you really want to give someone money for development. Most of what i've done i've gleaned from other's work.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

booda3000

Feb 22, 2011
@l_n

I was really hoping to encourage you to keep progressing on the mid7015.:)
I just flashed v1.0c. Awesome.
I'm as excited as my 1st day with the mid7015.

Also, successfully connected to my Droid X 3g hotspot. Awesome.

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
@l_n

Also, successfully connected to my Droid X 3g hotspot. Awesome.

You were able to pick up ur cellphone ? are you rooted or not with ur phone? Also by your statment am I to assume you couldn't before? And thanks for sharing....

AirborneDude

Dec 9, 2010
At some point I'm going to resume work on porting the telechips changes to a newer kernel. Right now, though, I'm trying to get this rom better than it is.

So much to do and so little time... So ist es immer zein.

Edit: swype inaccuracies

Perfect, thanks. I understand about so little time. I work to much to have much free time to mess with the inter workings of Android. I would like to learn though. I am a software engineer, but I have yet to learn Android.

How are you learning how to build custom roms? I am curious... DO you have a JAVA and Linux background? I am an Linux user, but I know nothing of how to build a Android ROM.

If there is book or a web site, please point me to it.

benash

Dec 16, 2010
l_n:
thought I'd report a little problem I've had with your ROM- I have a 7015A that I successfully rooted with your instructions- yesterday I noticed that when I opened the browser, every website I pulled up was BLUE!! All the pics, print, everything was blue. I've tried another browser (Dolphin) with the same results...so I recovered the backup and everything is back to normal- not a programmer so I have no idea what I may have done?????

booda3000

Feb 22, 2011
@ sndplace

I connected the Coby to a rooted Droid X running Darkslide 4.2. Darkslide comes with 3g mobile hotspot pre-installed.
I have been able to connect the Coby to the 3g mobile hotspot before Watery, but haven't had any success with the other hotspot apps.

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
You were able to pick up ur cellphone ? are you rooted or not with ur phone? Also by your statment am I to assume you couldn't before? And thanks for sharing....

I've been able to tether from my Droid 1 with all Coby roms.....I'm rooted running Ultimate Droid 2.5.0. I went through a lot to get there. Will post instructions tonight if someone else doesn't this afternoon.

booda3000

Feb 22, 2011
Hello jeffc83,

I have tried and failed to get any of the other hotspot apps to work with the kyros.
I really like the 3g hotspot app that comes with Darkslide because the Kyros connects to it without an other tweaking.
There is the 3g mobile hotspot app that is hacked already. I think it can be downloaded separately. Just Google it.

Thanks everyone.

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
And removing 3DGallery has solved the problem. Your Google skills (as well as Android) certainly superceed mine as I had made numerous unsuccessful searches.

Regards, --Larry

Sent from my Kyros 7015 Android tablet using the forum app powered by Tapatalk.

Thatoneguy

Feb 23, 2011
Been following your work closely, flashed this rom yesterday. My coby is running smoother than ever, many thanks! Any chance of getting a bluetooth adapter working, or changing the default orientation from landscape to portrait? Those are the only complaints I have about this otherwise great bargain of a tablet.

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
I'll see what i can do after i get my x rooted (i updated to the leaked 3.4.2 blur build).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Well I'm now on day 3 waiting for my Froyo update for my Epic ... I read before about connecting Adhoc and how you needed to switch off or something like that ... Is there like a toggle switch apk for this now? Was going to root my phone but now i figured I'll wait for update before i do it ...

So after more use something happened that never happened b4.. I went to bed with about 40% power and I turned the tablet off ... In the morning i went to turn it on and it wouldn't. I was thinking it was not responding to the power button and used the reset button. This worked but once it started and loaded the battery dropped from 34% to 8%... has this happen b4 to any 1... seemed like it was runnig while being off or didn't really shout off till the battery drained...

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
I use the latest version of wireless tether on my OG Droid (for root users and can be found in the android market. I installed hydtech's adhoc wifi (well worth it but it is not an app, it copies a file needed to connect) on the tablet as well as wifi static (also found on market for free). I turned my wifi off on the tablet. I used root explorer to edit the wpa_supplicant.conf file located in /data/misc/wifi folder after renaming the original file extension to confhome. I changed the information to match my settings in wireless tether and added ap_scan=2 below the GROUP=wifi path. I also added mode=1 and priority=99 below my network settings. I use gscript shortcuts to quickly swap the files instead of having to manually edit them. The only issue I ran into was that it didnt connect to my droid until the third attempt. After several times of switching back and forth, it got to the point where it connects on the first attempt every time.

booda3000

Feb 22, 2011
@sndplace
I have seen the battery icon acting erratic also.
I've also had to reset the kyros to turn on.

Yes, I have to turn off my WIFI (on kyros), then turn it back on to connect to 3g hotspot.
I use the power control widget for easy access, but there's apps from the market that just control the WIFI.

As far as rooting your Epic: Do it! You will have to be rooted to do a lot of cool things with your phone (not sure if root is necessary for the 3g hotspot hack though)
I wonder if any of the Epic custom roms have the 3g hotspot hack included?

1 more thing....
Did you wipe your battery stats in clockwork, with %100 charge? May help with accuracy.