Root and Gapps for Telechips, 7032,7034,7036,7048,8048

dnowz

Dec 27, 2012
I have tried installing the roots and gapps. But I don't know if its rooted or not. The installing finished successfully then it rebooted. Google play should be there or not? Do I have to install it separately? Sorry noob. BTW i'm using 7032.

Last edited:

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
If you checked you app drawer and there is no playstore icon, then you don't have gapps. Try the update again. Maybe try to download it again.

dnowz

Dec 27, 2012
If you checked you app drawer and there is no playstore icon, then you don't have gapps. Try the update again. Maybe try to download it again.

i just downloaded the file again, install it in this way, because there's no Settings > About tablet > System updates > Install system update > From internal storage on my tab,

Settings > Back up and Reset > Recovery mode > (my tab restart then boot in recovery mode)

Apply update from SD > Select update.zip > (Installing . . . Install from SDcard complete.) > reboot system now.

Still no playstore icon....

ok its working now.

On recovery mode wipe data/factory first then apply the update,

it should work all fine..

Thanks to vampire

Last edited:

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Your tablet may be different. Mine is a 7042 and it has about tablet > system update.

Are you 100% sure about the about tablet settings > system update tab is missing ? What settings are in the about tablet tab ?

lena12

Dec 30, 2012
Do not post problems in this thread that has nothing to due with my root and gapps!!! It is very rude to do so, This thread is only about my root and gapps process.

I put together an easy root and gapps zip for these tablets. tested and confirmed working on 8048, tested confirmed by myself. As always you assume all risks with flashing anything.

This will be flashed via stock recovery

These tablets do indeed have fastboot, just like all other telechips tablets.

ok to root and install gapps, which is playstore.

download root_gapps_signed.zip

place on you sdcard I used internal sdcard at this time I don't have a spare micro sdcard.

rename to update.zip

Settings > About tablet > System updates > Install system update > From internal storage > Install now

after update complete

reboot system now

To unroot

download unroot_telechips_signed.zip

place on you sdcard I used internal sdcard at this time I don't have a spare micro sdcard.

rename to update.zip

Settings >Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Reset tablet > Erase everything

after reset complete, tablet will reboot itself

Settings > About tablet > System updates > Install system update > From internal storage > Install now

after update complete, tablet will reboot itself

you will now be unrooted with no gapps,

Your tablet is now factory, IE stock, provided you made no other changes to your tablet beyond this thread.

everything worked fine , but how to i get the play store? the app is not showing on my menu ?? PLEASE HELP . ive been trying to get the play store for months now!!! D: MID7048

new2rooting

Dec 30, 2012
So far, this forum has the most straight forward directions for getting google apps. Unfortunately, when I click settings and go to aAbout tablet, all I see is 'status' and 'legal options'. I have an 8042. Is there another way to do this?

new2rooting

Dec 30, 2012
Thank you! Unfortunatley, I haven't been able to find anything for my device. Would you be willing to copy and paste a link? I would greatly appreciate it!!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Then you're not actually reading the sticky posts, especially the one that says "READ FIRST" in large, friendly letters.

asusthek

Nov 14, 2012
hi Traveller1701, thanks for the guide. my question now is how to install directly to external SD. i have read other topics regarding this but i think my coby kyros7032 is not an allwinner cpu. is there an alternative way?. thanks in advance

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Unfortunately, there isn't any safe way for your device as it uses a Telechips CPU. The entire boot image would have to be rewritten in your case to allow what for the Allwinner tablets can be done by editing a file.