TechVendetta ROM Developement

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Here's some candy:
Aparently this forums video embed can fail if you dont use youtube in html5, so heres a hardlink:
Code:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMPiGxY_88U
More to come soon....

UPDATE:
Cyanogenmod 7
$droid.jpg

MORE CANDY:

Code:
http://youtu.be/ZlzTE25wA7Q
A nice update on our porting progress.
Yeah no flashy build up music. We have a decent amount of bugs left, but hey, IT RUNS.

BOOT UP:
Code:
http://youtu.be/X3MHmTYmQhI

Last edited by a moderator:

jb2kred

Jul 3, 2011
Hi meggiedude my modified/custom rom will work on a Disgo 6000 as that is what i have and should work on the Sylvania tablets as it based one of there roms.
I Hope to get Clockwork mod working soon as well havent had much time to look into the recovery side of things yet.

meggiedude

Jun 28, 2011
And this will be avail for all variants of these tablets??
From a purely mercenary POV I am looking for something for the 7" Disgo 6000
Yep mate saw that in the other thread, and we are all very grateful.
S'increadible - just like the buses. You don't see one for ages, then two come along.
Whats opened the flood gates here??

If only I'd not returned my second unit to Scan, mind it was busted.

Was looking at a 10.1" Hanspree Hannspad unit (at twice the price) to replace the Disgo. But now I'm wavering.....

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
I was looking to update this tablet for a galaxy tab from Samsung, but I think ill wait until this new rom appear to install it on my Sytabex, lets hope that they can do it well and have the galaxy email tab, auto rotation function, and sync with a PC, ill keep my fingers cross

Sent from my Sytabex7 Tablet using android forum

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Well here's the status, we just compiled our first theory for the kernel and rom, since infotm isn't gpl compliant, this entire process is reverse engineering and trial and error. From dissecting their code it seems like they may use a generic image for most of their devices meaning this would be safe to try on other sylvania/infotm tablets. As for which model we're testing with, here's a hint, I work at cvs. That's right, employee discount equals motivation.

And if any of you managed to roam on over to my website, we're also working on getting that running a bit more smoothly.
Now what are some features we should aim for once we get a base 2.3.x rom running?

meggiedude

Jun 28, 2011
Well here's the status, we just compiled our first theory for the kernel and rom, since infotm isn't gpl compliant, this entire process is reverse engineering and trial and error. From dissecting their code it seems like they may use a generic image for most of their devices meaning this would be safe to try on other sylvania/infotm tablets. As for which model we're testing with, here's a hint, I work at cvs. That's right, employee discount equals motivation.

And if any of you managed to roam on over to my website, we're also working on getting that running a bit more smoothly.
Now what are some features we should aim for once we get a base 2.3.x rom running?

OK, so not that straight forward then.

Well in answer to your question JV90 has mentioned two of the 'wants' from my perspective - a working auto rotation function for all of us, and sync/connection with a PC.
Plus as many usb drivers as possible to make at least one of the two mini usbs a useful connection point.
Also as a Disgo owner I would also add that better drivers for the wifi are very high on my wishlist.

Appreciate that you are going for 2.3.X - obviously 3.0 would be the eventual want for most people, but that's further down the line.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
3.0 is not open source and theres licensing issues. All custom roms so far are gingerbread based. As for auto rotation, we only have the cvs sytabex7 to test on which actually lacks an accelerometer, tilt sensor, and gsensor altogether so unless there's a way to fashion a usb sensor we will probably have to stick with either an on screen button or one of the two hardware buttons. There are various possible methods for sync as well. For instance on my android phone I have always preferred installing the samba app and having wireless access to my sdcard, if theres something specific you cant do with an app let me know.

Now as for the three or four other devices, without us having one it becomes alot more difficult to port, you could try our rom when its out and see if anything work for you, but if not we might need to setup a donation system to buy the devices to port too.

petedude

Mar 9, 2011
I'd love to see a "port" of Tipstir's HoneyBee ROM. A bit of a story here. . .

Before I had my EX7, I had a cheap 8650 iPad clone running Android. It came with the (crummy) WonderMedia market, and less-than-wonderful apps. It was slow. BUT. . . with Tipstir's HoneyBee ROM, it sang. Booted faster, better apps, nicer interface. It suddenly went from blah to useful, even though it was still slow.

But then, it broke. I picked up one of these bargain-priced Sylvania's, and you know the rest.

The Sylvania's been a great gadget, but its ROM doesn't hold a candle to Tipstir's.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
There is (or was, that one went back to DG) a captive ball tilt sensor on my CVS EX7. It is located next to the ribbon connector. (silver cylinder). See pic below.
$011.jpg$Tilt-Sensor-Tutorial.jpg

I would like to see charging by usb if possible. I will have to look at the schematics again to see how they set up the charging loop, but to the best of my feeble old mind, it was there....

Last edited:

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
As far as apps that I'd like to see on it, as was mentioned in the other thread, I'd like to see Adobe Reader, Nook, & Kindle; a calendar that sync's with google (and possible Live), I know that Jorte and one other has been suggested; and an alarm clock app. It was also suggested adding Aldiko, a public library app, and a comic book reader. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm happy with the stock browser, although Dolphin seems the popular pick there. Folks also seem to want the galaxy tab email program, though I've also heard that K-9 is a fan favorite as well.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Well we already have the gapps working. The thread was made by the member in my sig. So theres your calender, market, and what not. I was thinking apps to sd support and maybe the hulu patch.