TechVendetta ROM Developement

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
I believe that limitation was set by froyo. We're jumping to gingerbread at 3.3.5.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
@lorenii Whats up with it?

As for the 10" we can't guarantee it will work or work flawlessly without having the actual device in question. On release you could try it out, give us feed back, and see where we can go from there.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
It just stopped. I had been using it and sat it down for about 2-3 hours, came back and it was dead. Tried to charge it, 3 finger salute, USB connect to a PC, throw spitwads at it.... everything. I cracked it open, battery was showing a full charge, buttons had continuity...It was just dead. So I tipped my 40 and said "RIP HOMIE.... It had been a good week." (I just got it back from DG on Saturday).

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
So after they "fixed it" it died? sounds almost like U0 was flashed somehow...

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Negative on the "fix and return". I am on my gazillionth 7" tablet with DG. They have been great responding to my emails and returns on the DOA units. I am not sure if they are a "repair" facility or just a clearing house for Sylvania/Infotmic. I do not believe there is any "software or hardware fixing" going on there. Everything I have got back from them was NIB and factory sealed.

I have two (one now) of the 7" tablets, both NET7's and one works like a speed demon and does everything I need it to. Long battery life (5-6hrs), good screen (no "twitching"), great wifi reception (no drop and die), OTA updated with out a problem and I used the crap out of it and finally gave it to my mom as a E-Reader/Pron searcher and she is very happy with it and the time I had it, I was too. Now the one that went back was a NIB DG2.20 with the 2gig freebie card. I did the OTA update on it and it failed, several times. So, I did the manual update (USB) and it worked fine but it updated to beta_4 and worked like a champ UNTIL out of morbid curiousity I went back to the OTA update and it updated. WHAT it updated to I have no idea, but it changed the model to a EX7 (it was a physical NET7) so I tried to back out of the update and went back to the BETA_4 and had no issues.... for about an hour. It was back to a NET7, had NO auto-rotate OR manual rotate, but everything worked great and I sat it down to watch tv for a while and when I came back it was "off". I tried to reboot and it was dead, tried to charge it for a while, nothing.... So, I contacted DG, told them what happened and I buried it back in its White and Orange casket and sent it back to Tablet Heaven (or Hell, however you see it).

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Sounds like beta5, there's no rotate and occasionally the battery gauging fails.

So anyways update on progress, I'm developing an OTA updater for the sytabex7 (and any future supported devices)
My cohort (the only one of us with the actual device so far) has been busy with family issues. I'm still accepting donations on our website towards purchasing another sylvania tablet to increase the supported devices and speed up debugging, tweaking, and testing, of course anyone with a working spare or salvageable tablet (displays the sylvania logo at least) is more then welcome to donate it if they want. So far the major requested device to support sounds like the 7LP.

The updater so far will allow us to seamlessly push future updates to all devices running at least the initial release of our rom.

For the next two or three days I will be on family vacation at some water park in ohio so assuming there's wifi I'll be able to respond to some of your questions/comments.

moocow1452

Jul 2, 2011
Tech vendetta, if I could make a feature request, see if you can get the USB/OTG port working. HDMI mirroring too, depending on the model you guyses are using.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
We currently have the CVS sytabex7 which has no hdmi. So unless someone donates us one, I cant do much about that.
As for the usb host port (aka otg port) we discovered some interesting facts while attempting to enable usb adb. It seems that it is either disabled via the initial bootloader or it has been hardware disabled. It is possible I believe to set it to work like the other port however we want to add V4L support so any linux webcam can be used with that port.

yewslus

Aug 29, 2011
Just wanted to jump on this thread to follow and help test. I just bought a (refurb) SYNET7LP for $60 at a deal a day site. It's HW ID 11.2.0.7 and running DG2.20 with kernel 2.6.32.9 neville-at-neville-desktop #7. I would love to stay in the loop on this. I am a journeyman Android user and have experience in betas and bug reporting. Once you have a semi-stable alpha, I might be inclined to try it.

What's this I'm hearing about bricking, though? No master reset to bring back to factory? Not sure how the U0 EPROM would get wiped...

Bought this thing so my 3-year-old could have her games on an inexpensive tablet. Now I don't want to give it up :-/

Guess I need to learn to share.

-Mike

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Bought this thing so my 3-year-old could have her games on an inexpensive tablet. Now I don't want to give it up :-/

Guess I need to learn to share.

-Mike

In all fairness.... The screens are fragile as heck and the current hardware is twitchy at best. You wouldn't want to give something like THAT to your 3yr old and disappoint her, would you?!?! ;-)

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Yeah I totally shattered one of the screens but managed to exchange it. As for bricks, we have one rule, NEVER EVER FLASH U0. As long as you stick to that, it's unbrickable. When and if we do get to a closed alpha before release people will be chosen from this thread based on the devices they own.

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
count me in, I managed to try all the beta's for the Sytabex7 that I own, with cfrockit, by the way? I haven't seen him near by? I wonder whats going on with him?

Sent from my Sytabex7 Tablet using android forum