[eMMC ROM] CM7 Development Release (03-11-2011) (now with Bluetooth!)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The first time I used the 2Gb file and got the "this disk is not formatted..." message. So this time I tried the 4Gb file and got the same message... Any other ideas? I tried accessing the SD card on my work laptop and got the same message (if that matters).

Note: when I extracted the image files, they did not extract out with the .img extension. I just renamed them to add the extension. Does that matter?

Maybe I am missing something here. I think you are doing this right. If it says not formatted have you tried formatting? Windows should only recognize and format the partition left after the process as the "usable" space on the disk and format that area. Normally when you extract an image file you shouldn't have to add anything back to the end of the file, just burn that file to the SD card.

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
ah ok. I'll give that a try. Worst case scenario is that it will wipe out my card that is as of now unusable for me :)

I got some md5sum.exe file from the interweb and put it in my windows/system32 folder... but I can't figure out how to generate the sum...

Trying the format option now...

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
I grabbed that md5 checker and I've confirmed that I have an accurate download. This time I downloaded the 2 gig .rar from Faceman's how to create a bootable cwr card thread. Time to see how this works...

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
Bingo! Image burned, I see the four files that are supposed to be there and I can drop the Rom zip and the google apps zip to the card :) Thanks!

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
So am I not supposed to use setcpu with this rom, or I just don't have to? I'm going to update the kernel tonight to dalingrins 1.1 GHz and just thought I should double check...

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

torres546

Feb 5, 2011
I believe I read on XDA to NOT use setcpu, and to use the cpu control in Cyanogen settings. Correct me if I am wrong anybody.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
The first time I used the 2Gb file and got the "this disk is not formatted..." message. So this time I tried the 4Gb file and got the same message... Any other ideas? I tried accessing the SD card on my work laptop and got the same message (if that matters).

Note: when I extracted the image files, they did not extract out with the .img extension. I just renamed them to add the extension. Does that matter?

Bingo! Image burned, I see the four files that are supposed to be there and I can drop the Rom zip and the google apps zip to the card :) Thanks!

OK, sounds like you got past that hurdle already... glad to have you on the CM7 train.

I believe I read on XDA to NOT use setcpu, and to use the cpu control in Cyanogen settings. Correct me if I am wrong anybody.

SetCPU Profiles do NOT work with CM7, as such, the only thing SetCPU can do is set the min/max processor speed and governor type. Those options are all included in CM7 natively so you do not need SetCPU. If/When they get things worked out so profiles begin to work, then it's a worthwhile app.

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
I just flashed the latest rom, 23 I think, and I can't get blue tooth to turn on. It says turning on for a while and then the box uncheckes itself. Thoughts?

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
I just flashed the latest rom, 23 I think, and I can't get blue tooth to turn on. It says turning on for a while and then the box uncheckes itself. Thoughts?

Rom Manager>Fix Permissions>Hard Reboot-In other words when the dialog window pops up and says"you should reboot your phone now" hold down the power button until the NC powers down, don't tap "reboot now". Then boot back up and try the BT straight away. Always works for me.