Trying to Identify Kernel, Possible Overclocking Possibilities for DM7022 Radio

ambrsia

Dec 12, 2012
Great success!
$photo.JPG
it installed with no error messages.
what was different about updatee.zip compared to the previous update.zip?
and now that mine is working(although i haven't tested it) is there some way i can contribute with things like a backup of the recovery rom? i think somone was after something like that earlier in the thread?

dudz

Dec 15, 2012
Great success!
View attachment 9465
it installed with no error messages.
what was different about updatee.zip compared to the previous update.zip?
and now that mine is working(although i haven't tested it) is there some way i can contribute with things like a backup of the recovery rom? i think somone was after something like that earlier in the thread?

I am glade it is working again.
Well, as far as i understand ,its all about the model number in the updater script, if it does not match , it will not go forward, thats all.
about the recovery, i have been trying to install CWM that was posted earlier in this thread, but it did not work, every time i reboot into recovery , it go to fastboot
but the good news is that update that we have can restore the tablet if we mess up

cheers

el_jee

Aug 27, 2012
I am glade it is working again.
Well, as far as i understand ,its all about the model number in the updater script, if it does not match , it will not go forward, thats all.
about the recovery, i have been trying to install CWM that was posted earlier in this thread, but it did not work, every time i reboot into recovery , it go to fastboot
but the good news is that update that we have can restore the tablet if we mess up

cheers

Hi dudz,

Could you explain how you resigned your package?

I've been messing with my DM7035, and now it won't boot past the android logo. I did make a backup, so I'm trying to make my own update.zip, pretty much parallel to what your updatee.zip looks like.
However, when I sign it using the testkeys it won't accept the update.zip in recovery. It does however accept your updatee.zip (but doesn't boot past the android logo).

I also got the recovery.img from my DM7035 if you're interested.

dudz

Dec 15, 2012
Hey El_jee

Did you try replacing the files from updatee.zip with your files?

Is your backup .img or .zip

I did not change the updater script by myself, the seller sent me 2 files with different updater scripts

el_jee

Aug 27, 2012
Hey El_jee

Did you try replacing the files from updatee.zip with your files?

Is your backup .img or .zip

I did not change the updater script by myself, the seller sent me 2 files with different updater scripts

Thanks for your reply Dudz,

My backup is in .img format. I think you should be able to flash it in fastboot mode. Note that I'm using the DM-7035, but my guess is that the software is the same.

Did you ask Winmark directly for the update.zip? I guess they own the keys for signing the update.zip, and the recovery only accepts their key. So that means I have to update to another recovery. You mentioned that you got CWM to work? Which version was that?

ferran47

Jan 18, 2013
hello goodnight
can someone tell me the difference a7778es to DM7000 Series
and as you can make a copy of the safety precautions a778es
also if you can use any of the emerging updatee.zip in this forum
Thanks and forgive for a translation of googel

wapozzi

Jan 19, 2013
Just spent the last 5 to 6 hours reading all the 70+ pages about these android car stereo's. Well I've been a proud owner of the new ES8035 unit for about 3 days. Erisin ES8035A 2 In 1 Car PAD Unit Android Tablet GPS 3G WiFi [ES8035A] - US$318.00 : erisin.com This has the new head unit, new locking device to keep the tablet in place compared to the older style that broke and also this device has built in bluetooth into the tablet it self.
I know the specs are not up to date with modern technology but for the price for a new tablet you get a tablet and a stereo ;).
Anyhow i have a few questions for the more advanced users of these units.
1. Is it possible for the android part to be pictured onto the external monitors also?
2. Back on page i think 45 there was some modding to the head unit to change the look/style/picture, dose anyone have the files/editing software/firmware dumping/instructions on how to do this? Looked and searched 4PDA but seems as the post for it has been taken off :mad:
3. For dumping/backing up the rom, is it possible without CWM sense we don't have much support for it?
Thats all i can think of now as im still testing the unit out and only have had it for a couple of days.
So far i have been able to root the tablet with superoneclick and also changed the boot animation (its the picture of my profile pic lol).
Yes i put this unit in an older Jeep, but its cool and good for the kids while out of town/wheeling/camping and i do travel alot to visit family and also have monitors installed in the head rests.
Besides that i think this forum has gave me all the info i need and want to thank everyone for their dedication and hard work they put into helping others out :D

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi wapozzi, welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. Sorry for the delay, when you tried to post your reply. Because of the link to a commercial website, the forum software moderated your post and it had to be approved by a member of the moderation staff. Inconvenient in this case, but helpful for keeping spam off the forum.:)

wapozzi

Jan 19, 2013
Hi wapozzi, welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. Sorry for the delay, when you tried to post your reply. Because of the link to a commercial website, the forum software moderated your post and it had to be approved by a member of the moderation staff. Inconvenient in this case, but helpful for keeping spam off the forum.:)

Thank you Spider. I totally understand why and its a great tool to have.

el_jee

Aug 27, 2012
Just spent the last 5 to 6 hours reading all the 70+ pages about these android car stereo's. Well I've been a proud owner of the new ES8035 unit for about 3 days. Erisin ES8035A 2 In 1 Car PAD Unit Android Tablet GPS 3G WiFi [ES8035A] - US$318.00 : erisin.com This has the new head unit, new locking device to keep the tablet in place compared to the older style that broke and also this device has built in bluetooth into the tablet it self.
I know the specs are not up to date with modern technology but for the price for a new tablet you get a tablet and a stereo ;).
Anyhow i have a few questions for the more advanced users of these units.
1. Is it possible for the android part to be pictured onto the external monitors also?
2. Back on page i think 45 there was some modding to the head unit to change the look/style/picture, dose anyone have the files/editing software/firmware dumping/instructions on how to do this? Looked and searched 4PDA but seems as the post for it has been taken off :mad:
3. For dumping/backing up the rom, is it possible without CWM sense we don't have much support for it?
Thats all i can think of now as im still testing the unit out and only have had it for a couple of days.
So far i have been able to root the tablet with superoneclick and also changed the boot animation (its the picture of my profile pic lol).
Yes i put this unit in an older Jeep, but its cool and good for the kids while out of town/wheeling/camping and i do travel alot to visit family and also have monitors installed in the head rests.
Besides that i think this forum has gave me all the info i need and want to thank everyone for their dedication and hard work they put into helping others out :D

Hi wapozzi,

Hereby answers as far as my knowledge goes:

1. Probably not. The head unit and tablet are seperate systems. I think the head unit only outputs to the tablet, not the other way around. Only one way to be sure though...

2. I looked into those files too some time ago, they were already offline. From what i remember from my older device (some double din 7"), the head unit OS is running from the dvd player. I think this should be the same for our devices. Some program exists to change the firmware for a specific type of device, but I was unable to find it. My guess is it will be very hard to change the layout without the proper files.

3. Before I started messing with my rom, I backupped using romdump (Index of /romdump), mentioned elsewhere is this thead. However, so far I've been unable to restore my rom with this backup. Also, you would still need a custom recovery to restore the system partition (you could do boot and recovery via fastboot). So I wouldn't recommend this and try to find some other way.
I have been able to install clockworkmod. Version I installed is called: cwm-5.0.2.7-hawst-1.0-sdcard-nand.img (using fastboot). However, you would lose your original recovery if you don't back that up first (you could actually use romdump for that).
Be careful when messing around; I've not been able to restore my device so far. If you would succees in making a backup I would be very interested in trying it on my device.

On another note, I've tried to replace the microphone in the head unit, since the sound recording quality is just so bad it's impossible to have a normal conversation. Replacing the microphone with a better one did not have any effect; apparently the bottleneck is somewhere in the circuit.

By the way, how is the responsiveness of the capacitive screen? I have the resistive variant, and it sucks pretty hard.

Last edited:

wapozzi

Jan 19, 2013
Hey el_jee,
Thank you for for the answers :)
Yea, the 2 first is what i though i'd get but for the 3rd, ill try to use that clockwork, i did use one from somewhere in this forum, but would only boot into fastboot, not recovery, likely i saved my recovery and was able to restore it back. Ill give that one a try and see where i get and if it works out well, then ill post up my backup.

For the screen, i think it works well and havent had any problems yet and the pad is alot thinner compaired to the es777 DM7022 units. I havent tried the microphone yet though, i did see that in this thread. The bluetooth in the tablet works well, but the wireless sucks, im 5 feet from my router and not at full bars, but might just be a bad reading, i got to dig more into that.

I have tried to use that recovery, but it only loads into fastboot unless you have a different one that i have :( Only difference from yours to mine is the screen, but its a potability that can cause it unless im just doing something totally wrong.

Last edited:

wapozzi

Jan 19, 2013
So i used that method of the romdump and recompiled it using a kitchen from XDA. Im not sure if it will work at all, i have used this kitchen before for my captivate and have had some good success. I would try it my self but not having CWM working yet dont want to risk messing up my rom.

http://herculoidz.us/android/es8035.zip maybe you or someone can make something of this?

el_jee

Aug 27, 2012
Hey el_jee,
Thank you for for the answers :)
Yea, the 2 first is what i though i'd get but for the 3rd, ill try to use that clockwork, i did use one from somewhere in this forum, but would only boot into fastboot, not recovery, likely i saved my recovery and was able to restore it back. Ill give that one a try and see where i get and if it works out well, then ill post up my backup.

For the screen, i think it works well and havent had any problems yet and the pad is alot thinner compaired to the es777 DM7022 units. I havent tried the microphone yet though, i did see that in this thread. The bluetooth in the tablet works well, but the wireless sucks, im 5 feet from my router and not at full bars, but might just be a bad reading, i got to dig more into that.

I have tried to use that recovery, but it only loads into fastboot unless you have a different one that i have :( Only difference from yours to mine is the screen, but its a potability that can cause it unless im just doing something totally wrong.

Thanks for your rom.
Believe it or not, I also got response from Winmark today, they actually sent me ROM. I also downloaded yours for reference.

For those that are interested:
Download V2MT.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
Download V2HY.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

For me the V2HY.rar worked. Had to flash it with the FWDN-tool.

After installing I tried to go back to CWM, and got it to work again. For what it's worth how i installed it:
- Go to fastboot (Vol+ + Power)
- fastboot flash recovery cwm???.img
- To get into recovery: Back + power. (First time you'll be staring at a black screen for about a minute before it boots)

On my device shortcuts for recovery etc are:
Recovery: Back + power
FWDN: Home + power
Fastboot: Vol+ + power

Apparently my device also seems to have bluetooth (in this rom). Maybe this could solve the handsfree issues. It's very buggy though. I got it to pair with my phone, however it doesn't connect.

I was just messing, trying to get the JB rom from the Coby Kyros MID7022 to run. Without success. The rom is way to big for our system partition. I removed some of the system apps until it fit, but went straight to fastboot upon rebooting. Reflashed native boot.img using fastboot, and got to the green android guy, no further booting. For now enough messing around. At least now I have a recovery in case there's more roms to try in the future.